Saturday, June 26, 2010

Week in Review: Nesting!

This week was boring. We pretty much stayed home all week. I'm going to try to plan more fun stuff for us to do next week, but at least I got a few things done this week.

Sunday: Happy Father's Day! We went to church. David does the sound every other week, and it seems like on the weeks when he's not doing sound, he is either ushering, deacon of the week, or we have nursery duty. Well, he didn't have anything this week, so he was able to sit with me on Father's Day :) After church was Sunday School. We have started a series on the attributes of God, and it's been really good so far. We went to lunch at the Fairview with David's parents after church. Yum! We had fun, and Aubrey was pretty good even though she was exhausted. Sundays are never her best days. She was being picky at lunch, but she did eat a big bowl of ice cream. Of course. We took naps when we got home before going back to night church. After church that evening, we went to eat at Five Guys with David, Rebekkah, and Carver. (Rebekkah is one of my BEST friends, and she finally started a blog! I can link to her now when I talk about her -- yay!) Dinner was fun, and Aubrey always enjoys hanging out with "Ca-Ca." Haha.

Monday: Aubrey and I ran to Kroger after breakfast. It's so hot outside that we are trying to get our errands done early. Aubrey took a nap after lunch, and I did some laundry and straightening up. David came home for a little while and then left for a meeting at church. Rebekkah's husband was at the same meeting as David, so we got together. Aubrey and I went over to her house to hang out. She fixed quiche for dinner, and it was so good! We then watched some TV. By the time our show went off, it was past Aubrey's bedtime. David was home when we got there, and we were happy to see him! He put Aubrey to bed, and then we went to bed early.

Tuesday: Aubrey and I got ready to run more errands after breakfast. We went to Lowes to look for new knobs for her dresser. We then went to Hobby Lobby and Wear it's At (a consignment store). I got a cute little Kelly's Kids dress for Aubrey. We got home just in time for lunch and a nap. It took Aubrey a while to fall asleep that afternoon, but once she did, I decided I would take a nap on the couch too. When David got home, we chatted for a while and then he played with Aubrey upstairs while I cooked stir-fry for dinner. After we ate, we went outside to look at the crib/dresser and decide how many more coats of paint they needed. Aubrey wanted to swing in the backyard, and since it wasn't as hot as I expected, I told David I would paint if he wanted to take her into the backyard. (I'm still a little nervous to take Aubrey into the backyard because of the snakes.) They had fun playing while I painted in the garage. After a while, it was just too hot for me, so Aubrey and I went to Bop's to get some ice cream while David took over the painting. When we got home, I bathed Aubrey and David put her to bed.

Wednesday: Long day. Of course this was also the one day I woke up just itching to thoroughly clean the house. I wasn't able to get a lot done while Aubrey was up since she wasn't in good spirits, but once she took her nap, I got busy. I managed to dust, sweep and mop the floors, clean the oven and stove, wipe down the kitchen counters, and wash the bath mats. I didn't get around to vacuuming, unfortunately, but it's probably for the best. Our vacuum weighs 2 tons, no lie, and David usually does the vacuuming for that very reason. I was planning on cooking beef stroganoff for dinner and had even gotten the ingredients already. However, when it came time to cook it, I just couldn't stomach the thought of beef stroganoff. What I really wanted was pizza from Mellow Mushroom. So, we picked one up. My husband is so sweet to humor me on these things :) It worked out well since Aubrey was sick and super clingy. It would have been difficult to cook while holding her! We just sat around all evening, and Aubrey even fell asleep in my lap on the couch. VERY rare! She went to bed pretty easily and actually had a decent night. After she went down, David and I worked some on the furniture for her room.

Thursday: Aubrey woke up feeling terrible, so we went to the doctor. Turns out, it was just a virus. After her appointment, we went home and I was there for 15 minutes before my mom came over to keep Aubrey while I went to my doctor. My appointment went well, and Aubrey did fine while I was gone. After I got home and my mom left, I put her down for a nap. She only slept for an hour and a half, which is less than I was hoping since she had gotten up early. While she slept I spent time on the internet and accomplished NOTHING! Aubrey and I just hung out and played after naptime. When David got home, he played with her while I cooked taco soup for dinner. We then went to karate. I might be a terrible mother, but Aubrey's fever was down and she was feeling fine, so I decided we would just go on to karate. We didn't let her get near anyone but my family, and they weren't worried about being around her :) My mom and I did run out to get a wedding gift but we didn't have any luck. After we got home, we put Aubrey down and ate dinner. She had a terrible time getting to sleep. We tried everything and finally had to just let her cry it out. It was awful and I wanted to cry myself. She did eventually go to sleep, but she woke up several times that night :(

Friday: I guess Aubrey was tired from her rough night because she slept until 8:40. I was extremely happy about that! She didn't have fever when she woke up and never had anymore all day, so her virus was apparently just a 24 hour thing. Thank God! She was in a foul mood when she woke up in spite of being fever free. Ha! She snapped out of it sometimes after breakfast, thankfully. I really still think she is teething because she is still drooling like crazy, and she's been pretty irritable. Anyway, we pretty much did NOTHING all day. We were supposed to have lunch with Sarah Denley, but we had to cancel because of Aubrey's fever :( We were disappointed, but we didn't want to share our germs! We stayed home all day and were lazy. Aubrey took a good, long nap. I didn't even get much done during her nap. It was pretty much an "off day." When David got home, we went to get Mexican for dinner and then went to Lowes to get paint for Jude's room. Finally!!! After Lowes, we went to Target. I hadn't been all week and was having withdraws. Hahah. When we got home, it was bedtime for Aubrey. I worked outside on the furniture for a [VERY] short time, and then watched TV while David continued to work. I can't stand the heat!

Saturday: We finished with the crib that we're moving Aubrey into, so we moved her stuff into her new room! She was really excited and kept pointing to the bed saying "night night." Her room is slowly coming together, and I think it's looking so cute! Work in progress pictures coming soon! After we got her all moved, we went downstairs to eat lunch. We put her down for her nap shortly after. She cried a little going down, but she does that sometimes anyway, and she did go to sleep for 2 hours in her new room and bed. We considered that a success! While she slept, I worked on painting the trim in Jude's room. It's all banged up and just needed a new coat to freshen it up. David worked on painting Aubrey's dresser in the garage. After Aubrey woke up, I watched her and moved her clothes from her old closet to her new one. David started painting Jude's ceiling. We're painting it a very pale blue. It's going to be really subtle, and I think I'm going to like it a lot! After working all day, I got ready to go to my cousin's wedding. It was a 7:00 wedding, so David and I knew taking Aubrey was out of the question. He stayed home with her, and I went to the wedding with my mom. My dad had to pick up my youngest brother from a birthday party, so he couldn't go either. He and my brother came over and grilled hamburgers and just hung out with David and Aubrey. My mom and I had a nice time at the wedding. The reception was fun, and they had lots of good food ;) When I got home, Aubrey was asleep and David said she went down without a peep. Yay! Now we're hoping she sleeps through the night.

So, that was our week. Hopefully, we can get more work done on the nursery this week. I also have few things that I need to buy for the baby. I'm totally nesting because I'm just itching to get everything ready for Jude's arrival!

1 comment:

Rebekkah said...

I am so glad that Aubrey is handling the changes so well. She is such a big girl. I hope that she lets you get some good sleep in these next few weeks before Jude arrives!