Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update on the babies

Aubrey woke up at 7 this morning just miserable. We (David) had given her Motrin at 4:30AM when she woke up, so she didn't have fever at 7. She just cried and cried though, and all I could do was hold her until she calmed down. While she was screaming, she kept pulling at her ear, and I became convinced that she had an ear infection. My mommy instinct is almost NEVER wrong, so I called the doctor and got her an appointment. And guess what?? I was WRONG! Everything looked fine, so the doctor said it was a virus. I hate hearing that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she doesn't have an ear infection. It's no fun having to deal with an antibiotic and the rash that always goes along with it for 10 days. But at least we can do something. With a virus, we can't do a thing except give her medicine for the fever. Plus, it's just such a vague diagnosis... oh well. She felt fine once we got home as long as she had medicine in her system. As soon as it wore off, her fever was back, and she was feeling puny again :( These viruses usually don't last long, so hopefully her fever will break soon!

Once I got Aubrey all taken care of, it was time to check on Jude. Today started what my doctor's nurse refers to as the "countdown." Aka getting checked. At 36 weeks, I was fully expecting no progress. I mean, why do they even start "the countdown" at 36 weeks anyway?! I'm not even full-term, but it's always discouraging to hear "no progress" no matter how far along you are, in my opinion. So, all that to say, I was fully prepared to be disappointed. Come to find out, I'm almost a fingertip! (Sorry, that sounds so gross, but I don't know how else to say it.) My doctor said that definitely doesn't mean the baby is coming next week, but "hopefully I won't go to my due date." Ahhh, so now I'm trying not to get my hopes up!! Haha. I go back next week, and I'll have an ultrasound to check Jude's growth. I'm measuring right at 36 weeks, so there is no reason to think he isn't growing perfectly, but it's been a while since my last ultrasound at 18 weeks, so it's time to take a peek at baby again! :) I'm excited to see him!

That's about all I have to report. After spending what felt like all day at the doctor, I'm hoping for NO MORE trips to the doctor... until next week :)

No comments: