Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Long Day

Today was just one of those days. Aubrey woke up cranky. She was just in a bad mood all morning. We've been thinking she is teething because she has been drooling like crazy for a few days, so I just attributed her mood to that. She pretty much whined and cried from the time she woke up until I put her down for her nap. She wanted me to hold her, but it wasn't good enough to sit in my lap. I had to be standing up. Um, sorry... not gonna happen. I love her dearly, but I just can't stand around holding her for hours. Especially not while I'm "holding" her baby brother too ;) She barely touched her lunch. She has been so picky the past couple of days. It's frustrating because I ask her if she wants a certain food, and she says yes. So then I fix it, and she won't touch it. I wish I could just be like, "Well, this is what we have. If you don't want it, you can eat at the next meal." I have ALWAYS stressed over her eating enough from the day she was born though. So that means I usually keep trying to offer her things until I find something she will eat. (I have to say that this is rare. She isn't usually so picky, and I know what she likes, so meal time isn't always so dramatic. But when it is... ughh.) Finally, I gave her Tylenol and put her down for her nap.

As soon as she woke up and I went to get her, I knew she had fever. It was over 103. It's amazing how you can go from being frustrated when you think your child is just cranky/being difficult to compassionate when you realize they're actually sick. I felt bad that I was annoyed with her for not eating her lunch. David was home by this point, and we gave her more Tylenol, but her fever never really came down. We called the nurse and she said to alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours. So we spent the evening trying to help Aubrey feel better until we could give her Motrin. Poor baby was just miserable. She did let me hold her sitting down for a long time. She is asleep now, and hopefully the Motrin will help her sleep through the night. David and I are preparing ourselves for a rough night though :-/

If Aubrey still has fever in the morning, I'm going to take her to the doctor. We are wondering if her throat is hurting since she has been drooling so much. Or it could be her ears again. Or there is always the "fever virus" diagnosis. Ughh. Unfortunately, I also have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so that might complicate the schedule a bit. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow, and I'm going to the doctor every week now. Can't believe it! Jude was due one month from yesterday and 4 weeks from tomorrow! Wow.....

Anyway, that was our day, and we're hoping our sweet girl gets well very soon! I hate to see her feeling so bad! :(

No comments: