Saturday, June 19, 2010

Week in Review: Going, going, going

I feel like we've been really busy all week. We've been doing fun stuff though! I think my "nesting " instinct is starting to kick in, because I feel like I have about a million things that I just HAVE to accomplish before Jude is born. Hopefully, this will make me super productive :) I did try to get a few things crossed off my list this week.

We went to church and Sunday School. When we got home, we ate spaghetti and took naps. That evening, we went back to church. Afterwards, we went to Jason's Deli for dinner. We came home and put Aubrey to bed, and then we just hung out at home. I read a little bit of my book club book, but not as much as I should have :-/

Monday: Aubrey and I both enjoyed sleeping until 8:15. We had a low-key morning at home. I needed to do a lot around the house since I was so busy with VBS the week before. I did laundry all day. I also tried to read my book club book, but for some reason Aubrey always decides to be high-maintenance when I'm trying to do something else ;) I did manage to get some read though. Aubrey took a good nap, and I got more laundry done. We went to karate that night and ran to Target to get diapers. We ate frozen pizza for dinner when we got home -- yum yum. Haha. I stayed up late reading my book.

Tuesday: Aubrey and I went thrift store shopping with my mom that morning. We went to Goodwill, Gateway, and a couple consignment stores. That's when I found the dresser for Aubrey's room. We ate lunch at Abner's and then took my mom back home. The weather got pretty bad when we got to her house, so we stayed over there for a little while. By the time we got home, it was late, but Aubrey still napped. I finished my book club book. David got home and took Aubrey outside to swing while I cooked dinner for them and got ready for book club. Rebekkah picked me up for book club. We were meeting in Clinton, which should have taken us about 30 minutes to get there. We ran into horrible traffic though, and we ended up taking several detours to get there. We left my house at 5:40 and finally arrived at the restaurant at 7!! An hour late... ughh, I HATE traffic! Everyone had been waiting on us though (we felt horrible about that!) so we didn't miss the discussion. We had read The Wednesday Sisters this month. Most of us weren't really wild about the book, so that made for some good discussion. There was nothing wrong with the book, it just didn't seem to be anyone's favorite. There were some interesting characters to discuss though. One of the girls in book club had an empty house because her husband was out of town and her little girl was with her grandparents, so she invited us over there for more talking. We ended up staying until midnight. We had lots of fun!

Wednesday: We went over to Rebekkah's house for lunch and a playdate. I picked up Chick-Fil-A for us on the way, and Rebekkah made some great desserts! Our friend, Megan, and her little girl, Ella, also came over, and we had fun hanging out! We watched the movie "When in Rome" and it was a disappointment. We thought it would be really cute, but it was pretty much just cheesy. Good thing for me it wasn't the best movie since I was chasing Aubrey around half the time. We still had a great time, even though the movie was a let down. By the time we got home, it was too late for a nap. I did put Aubrey in her bed, and she stayed in there talking and playing for around 45 minutes. So she at least got a little rest. By the time she was ready to get up, David was home. I was planning on going to the grocery store and cooking that night, but I was just too tired and hot. I'm always hot these days and it just zaps my energy. My mom and brothers came over to deliver Aubrey's dresser. My dad had picked it up in his truck, and he had a meeting that night, so they brought it over. How nice! My oldest brother even came over after he got off work to help David unload it. Once they left, we ran out and got Mexican for dinner. It was bedtime for a little girl who didn't get her nap that day when we got home. I sat on the couch and watched TV that evening while David was productive :)

Thursday: We stayed home all day, and I was actually glad about that since we've been pretty busy lately. I didn't get anything major accomplished besides taking care of Aubrey. (But that's major, right?! ;) About an hour into her nap, she woke up SCREAMING! It scared me, and I ran upstairs to see what the problem was. She just seemed terrified. I think she had a nightmare, poor baby. I rocked and sang to her for a while, and that calmed her down. I was able to put her back down and she slept for over 2 more hours! She was totally fine when she woke up. That evening was karate as usual. My mom, Aubrey, and I went to Kirkland's in the pouring rain. Aubrey had a blast sitting in all the little chairs they had :) We didn't do anything productive when we got home that night -- just relaxed!

Friday: Aubrey woke up early, but I wasn't surprised since she had taken such a long nap the day before. I had a fairly productive morning. I straightened up the house, hung up 2 loads of Aubrey's clean clothes, and changed the sheets on our bed. Aubrey "helped" me accomplish all these tasks ;) After lunch, she went down for a nap. My mom and youngest brother had been wanting to come over this week so my brother could play with Aubrey. My middle brother has been on a youth group trip all week, and he and my youngest brother usually do everything together, so Joel has been a little lonely all week. It worked out well for them to come over that day, because Ashley was in town and Sarah Denley and I were meeting her that afternoon for dessert! It was SO good to see Ashley again! Even though it had only been a couple of weeks, we've missed her! We had fun catching up, and it was as if no time had passed at all. After we had to say our goodbyes, I went to Lowes to get some paint and the grocery store. When I got home, David was already home. I cooked a chicken pasta salad for dinner, and we tried to get some stuff done for the kids' rooms. We sanded down the crib we're using in Aubrey's room, and David got started painting it. I couldn't stand the heat outside for long, so I came inside and watched "Say Yes to the Dress" while my sweet hubby slaved away outside :) Aubrey hung out inside with me until she went to bed.

Saturday: We just had a typical Saturday morning. David ran to Lowes to get more paint, and then he worked outside painting the crib. I played with Aubrey until her naptime. After she went down, David sanded the drawers of her dresser outside and then brought them in to me where I painted them in the cool :) That's how our afternoon went -- him painting/sanding outside and me painting inside. My mom, grandmother, and brother dropped by this afternoon to drop off another piece of the crib that they had forgotten to bring us before. David, Aubrey, and I went to an early dinner at Logan's. Aubrey was so good! She sat in her highchair and entertained herself quietly with a book/food the whole time. That's RARE these days! ;) After dinner we ran errands: Borders, Babies R Us, and Target... and then two gas stations trying to find a coke icee for me. Haha. We did succeed :) We got a little overwhelmed while we were in Babies R Us. We thought, since this is our second baby, that we really didn't need to buy anything. We went in to look at crib mattresses since we will need another one of those. While we were in there, we kept thinking of things that we need. It's mostly just little stuff, but still... overwhelming! We did get crib sheets for Aubrey and Jude's beds, but we decided to wait on the mattress. We came home, and Aubrey went straight to bed. We probably aren't going to do much for the rest of the evening since we worked all day!

We are really hoping/planning on starting the painting in Jude's room next week. I'll keep you posted on whether or not that happens!

1 comment:

hollie marie said...

I stumbled on your blog after stumbling onto the Lancaster blog! It's super cute! Keep up the blogging!!!