Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekly Highlights

This was another long week. I hate to sound like a complainer, but one or more of the kids was sick ALL week long. That just meant that I had to miss a lot of our scheduled activities, and we spent a LOT of time at home. And the kids weren't feeling their best, of course, so they were fussy. Thankfully, I think we're FINALLY on the mend. As long we we've been sick, you'd think we would have had something terrible like the flu, but it's really just been runny noses and coughs, and Jude had croup. Anyway, onto the thrilling tale of this past week ;)

Aubrey had been running fever last weekend, so she and I stayed home from church on Sunday while David and the little kids went without us. I used the time at home to cook some pancakes to freeze for breakfast all week, and I also cooked lunch. Oh, and we painted finger nails. Naturally :)
We ate when David, Jude, and Alaina got home, and then we took naps. Jude and I went to church that evening, and David kept both of the girls home (we wanted Alaina to get to bed on time). After church, Jude and I went to Newk's for dinner, just the two of us :) I enjoyed my one-on-one time with my sweet boy!

Aubrey had been fever free all day on Sunday, so she went on to school on Monday. Jude, Alaina, and I went to lunch with my sweet friend Gray. We ate at Whole Foods, and we had so much fun catching up! :) After lunch, we went to Hobby Lobby, and then we picked Aubrey up from school. The kid rested when we got home, and that evening we hung out at home and I cooked dinner. At that point, I thought Aubrey was well and we were done with sickness. If only.... :-/

Jude ended up waking up with fever and croup in the night :( That meant no Bible study on Tuesday. I was bummed to miss! David took Aubrey to her Spanish class for me, and then I picked her up when it was over. We came home for lunch, and Aubrey started acting sickly again. She kept saying she was freezing and just laid on the cough under a blanket :( She didn't have fever when I checked, but she clearly didn't feel well.
That evening, I had book club, and I was more than ready to get out of the house! We had read The Sunflower: On the Possibilities and Limits of Forgiveness, and we had a very interesting discussion!

We kept Aubrey home from school on Wednesday since she hadn't felt well the day before. I'm glad we did because she was coughing a LOT. Thankfully, she seemed to have more energy and feel better than the day before. We had a very uneventful day.
How CUTE is she???
Jude photobomb!
We were just at home all day. David sweetly offered to stay home with the kids so that I could go to church that night. Again, I was happy to get out! I took Alaina with me to make it easier on David. We ate dinner at church, and then I just visited with my friend Megan until it was time to leave.

Thursday was basically a repeat of Wednesday. We were supposed to go to a luncheon at my mother-in-law's church, and even though the kids seemed to be on the mend, they were still coughing, and I knew they didn't need to be in the nursery. So, we stayed home all day again.
We skipped tutoring that afternoon, too. An appraiser came to our house that afternoon from the bank, but that was about the most exciting thing that happened. Ha! I cooked chili for dinner, and we ate when David got home. We found out we were having a showing the next day, so I did some cleaning that night.

On Friday, the kids really did seem to be a lot better, so I NEEDED to get out of my house for my sanity's sake ;) I took all three of them to a consignment sale that morning. I try to avoid taking my kids to those kinds of things, but they did ok :) Aubrey fell in LOVE with this little gold sweater. At first I wasn't going to get it, but then I remembered that she did need a light sweater, it was cheap, and she thought it was beautiful :) So, I got it. I'm glad I did.
I found lots of cute stuff!
After the sale, we went to lunch at Beagle Bagel. During lunch, I noticed that Jude's coughing had picked up, and his eyes were red and watering. Poor thing looked kind of pitiful. I asked him if he felt ok and he said no :( Guess he wasn't on the mend after all. Ugh! I got us home, and put them down for naps. I had to wake them up for a showing at 2:45. We went to Target during the showing. I was bummed that Jude wasn't well because we had our Mission's Conference at church all weekend, and I hated to have to miss any of it. Especially after being at home all week. My mom was SO sweet and offered to come keep the kids that evening so that David and I could still go to our Sunday School missions dinner. We took Aubrey with us because they had children's activities at church, and we knew she'd enjoy that. David and I went to a couple's house from our Sunday school class who live near our church. We had a potluck dinner, and then we had three different missionaries talk to us about the work they're doing. It was great to hear from them! We picked Aubrey up and headed home. I'm glad we left Jude with my mom because she said he had fever before bed :(

On Saturday, I slept in and we had a low-key day. We went through all of the toys that we have downstairs and did a major purge. I'm really trying to get rid of stuff we no longer use and get organized before we move! I made a grocery list and went to the grocery store. We had a Ginny Owens concert at our church that night, and David was doing sound for it so he had to be there early. I was SO sad that I had to miss it, but I needed to be at home with my sickly babies (my dad had offered to keep them so that I could go, but Alaina had been so fussy and clingy all day that I just felt like I needed to stay home with her). David took Aubrey and they left around 3:30. I put Jude and Alaina in the double stroller, and we went on a LONG walk around the neighborhood. It was great to get out in the amazing weather! I called in a to go order at Newk's, and we went and picked it up. We ate at home, and then Jude watched a movie before bed. I put them to bed, and then just waited for David and Aubrey to arrive home :)

No comments: