Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Family Photo Session 2013

Waaay back in November, we had a family photo session. I was hoping for at least ONE decent picture of all of us to use on our Christmas card. I was also hoping for a picture of all three of the kids together. Thankfully, we did get several good family shots to choose from! Not everyone is smiling in all of them, but we're all looking towards the camera, and with a five year old, a three year old, and a one year old, I call that a HUGE success! ;) Sadly, we didn't get any pictures of all of the kids together. Alaina decided to be REALLY clingy and shy, and anytime I would pose her with Aubrey and Jude and try to walk away, she would freak out and run after me. Oh well. That's just the stage she was in at the time, so it was ok. We did get some really cute shots of all of the kids individually, so I was happy!
This next picture is the one we used for the front of our Christmas card:
And we used this one on the back:
We had promised Aubrey and Jude ice cream afterwards if they cooperated and tried to smile, so they were VERY motivated. Too bad Alaina is too young for that sort of "motivation." ;) (By the way, there are more pictures of Jude because he went first and just sat there for the longest time smiling. He LOVES ice cream. Haha! Aubrey sat for a minute and smiled beautifully, but she was over it a lot more quickly than Jude. Ha!)
After we got enough posed shots, we went to a nearby park and got some great candid shots. Alaina was MUCH more willing to smile in that environment!
I love my little family so much, and I know I'll treasure these pictures of our family of five for years to come!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Beautiful family photos. I love the color combo.

Ashley said...

These are precious. Love them so much!