Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly Highlights

We had another good week. Our weeks have been much slower lately, and it's been nice. I think just having our house listed and being done with [most of] our adoption stuff has helped since I don't feel like I have anything hanging over my head or any deadlines looming. It's a nice feeling :) We didn't have any showing on our house this week, either. It was honestly a nice break, but I hope the showings pick back up now. I don't want to loose any momentum. Ha! David had a long weekend thanks to the July 4th holiday, and we just enjoyed a lot of good laid back family time.

Sunday I was still in Oxford enjoying my girls' weekend. We got up and went to a church in Oxford that morning, and then we grabbed lunch before hitting the road. I was happy to get back home to my family! Missed them so much! We went to church that night, and we had snack/fellowship time after church.

Monday started off rough. I'm not sure what the deal was, but everyone (including me) was off, and the kids were just fighting like crazy. I was about to pull my hair out by 9am. Ha!
Thankfully, the day did improve a bit. I had to take all of the kids to the grocery store, which isn't my favorite, but it went ok. After lunch and naps, I cooked dinner, and the kids and I went on a little walk that evening before baths and bedtime.

We had Bible Study as usual on Tuesday. It was good! Sadly, Alaina fell asleep in the car on the way home for 15 minutes and thought she was done napping for the day :( However, she REALLY needed that nap. I finally "won" and got a short nap out of her. We had a low-key night at home. I cooked dinner and we just hung out.
It's just water in the Sonic cups. Aubrey and Jude think they're getting a real treat when we go to Sonic and they get to get a cup of water of their own. Haha!
David and I worked on our profile book (for our adoption) after the kids were in bed.

We went to the park on Wednesday morning. The weather was coolish (for July in Mississippi... obviously "cool" is a relative term ;)), and we had fun. The rest of the day was uneventful.
That evening, we had small group. Our sweet babysitter came over to keep the kids, and David and I enjoyed small group!

Thursday was the 4th of July and the beginning of David's weekend :) He spent all morning outside edging and mowing the front and backyard. Alaina and I made a Target run while Aubrey and Jude played outside with David. After the kids got up from their naps, we went over to my parents' house.





We had BBQ and homemade ice cream at my parents' house :) It definitely felt like an all American meal. We had a fun time just hanging out after we ate. When we got home and put the kids to bed, David and I watched Da Ja Vu and enjoyed it.

Friday was a nice day because David didn't have to work.



We set up the sprinkler in the backyard that morning, and the kids had fun playing while I painted two kitchen chairs.



I did some cleaning around the house while the kids napped. That evening, we got cleaned up and had dinner at Mellow Mushroom.
We then made a trip to Lowe's and got some flowers. After the kids went to bed, David and I watched another movie.

On Saturday, David took the kids to the Farmer's Market, and I sanded and waxed the chairs I had painted the day before.
David went to lunch with a friend from highschool that afternoon, so I hung out at home while the kids napped. I went to Kroger when David got home, and then we got ready and met his parents for dinner at Corner Bakery. When we got the kids to bed, David and I worked on our profile book some more.
 
 

No comments: