Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Week in Review: Croup, Book Club, and Greenwood!

Last week was extremely uneventful, so I think a few highlights will more than suffice :) (I CANNOT get any pictures to upload. I've tried Firefox an Internet Explorer. I'm so over this.)

Sunday: Alaina was sick, so David kept her home that morning and I went to church because we had nursery duty. That afternoon after lunch, David went to pick up a table we had gotten on Craigslist. The kids didn't nap well, so I didn't get my usual Sunday afternoon nap :( David went to church that night with Aubrey and Jude, and Alaina and I stayed home.

Monday: Aubrey went to school. I took the little kids to my parents' house and went to the gym. We left from there and went straight to pick Aubrey up. The rest of the day was spent at home and was normal. We ate dinner at home that night.

Tuesday: Bible Study got cancelled because there was a funeral at church, so we stayed home that morning. I had a good bit of my book club book to read, so it worked out fine. I read all during napime, and that evening I went to book club. We met at Cups, and it was so fun! I always love book club :) We read Give Me This Mountain and had a good discussion.

Wednesday: Aubrey had croup during the night :( That meant she was home from school that day, and we had a pretty boring day. We did venture out to Target, but that was about it. I had to teach the 1st and 2nd graders at church that night, so David stayed home with all of the kids (they all three had snotty noses/colds), and I went to church.

Thursday: We were supposed to get together with the Herringtons, but we had to cancel due to sickness. Sad! I took the kids to my mom and went to the gym instead. The rest of the day, I did some housework and we just hung out at home. David came home for dinner, and we ate at home.

Friday: We had a normal morning at home. I got ready and put the kids down for a nap. And then my week got fun! :) David came home from work early, and I left to go meet Rebekkah in Greenwood for some girl time! I was SO excited to hang out with her! I quite enjoyed my quiet 2 hour drive. How often do I get to spend 2 quiet hours by myself? Rarely! Rebekkah and I met at The Alluvian and got checked in. We talked for a while, and then we went to cooking school! I had never done this before and was super excited about it! We did "elegant dinner party" and it was a blast! We made a salad, potato chips, and lobster stuffed tenderloin. We had pomegranate sorbet for dessert. It was all delicious and so fun making it and hanging out! After cooking school was over, Rebekkah and I went back to our room at the Alluvian and just TALKED. It was so wonderful to catch up, and so refreshing to spend time with her! It's hard when your best friend goes from living 2 minutes to 2 hours from you. But I cherish the time that we get to spend together now. (Sidenote: Pretty much everyone I've ever been close to has moved away/is moving away. If you're happy and content where you are, you probably ought to stay away from me. Ha! And I need some friends who AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE. This friends moving away thing is heartbreaking!) We stayed up late (well, as late as two tired moms could handle -- haha!) talking.

Saturday: We slept in until the late hour of 8am. Ha! We threw on some clothes and went to breakfast. Then we went back to our room and got ready for the day. We checked out of the hotel, and then we went walking around Greenwood. It's really a cute little town! We ate lunch at The Delta Bistro, and it was SO good! After lunch, it was time to say goodbye :( It's always sad to go our separate ways, but hopefully we'll be seeing each other again soon! I made the drive back home, and got home around 3:30. The kids were napping, so David told me about their weekend. David is Super Dad, so of course they had done fine without me :) So thankful that David is so sweet about letting me get away for things like that and never complains. The kids got up, and we were happy to see each other! I made a grocery list, and we went to eat Mexican for dinner. It ended up taking forever (our waiter wasn't very good), and we were rushed at the grocery store. When we got home, we hurridly put away the groceries, and then we bathed the kids and put them to bed. I made some pumpkin muffins for the week and put a chicken in the crockpot. Then I ironed church clothes before bed.

1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

You are so good at cultivating your friendships! Hope everyone is well this week. Sick kids make the weeks so much longer!