Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week in Review: Highlights

Well, here it is Wednesday night, and I'm just getting around to LAST week's review. This week has been super busy because I hosted Bunco last night. It was fun and went well, but it's always so much work leading up to hosting. At least I've done my duty for a year now ;) Anyway, last week was ok, but the kids were still passing that cold back and forth. Ughh. Since it's so late in the week (and I don't remember half of what we did last week), and since our week was rather boring anyway, I give you the highlights version! :)

Sunday: I stayed home from church with the kids that morning. Alaina had had a rough night, and Aubrey and Jude's noses were still runny, so we wanted to be safe. While David was at church, I made pesto and cooked lunch. That evening, Aubrey and I went to church. We drove through Scholtzsky's and got dinner on the way home.

The babies stayed home with Daddy.
Monday: The kids were doing better, so we went to Sarah Denley's house for lunch and a playdate. That was fun, and it was nice to be out of the house. The children's moods did start to deteriorate towards the end, though. I cooked and ate dinner at 4:30 that afternoon (such an old lady!) because I was going to a consignment sale that night. My parents came over to keep the kids, and I had fun going to the sale. I got some cute fall clothes for the children :)

Tuesday: The kids were still doing ok (they did have lingering runny noses, but no fever, so I really thought they were on the mend), so we went to Bible Study. I was glad to get to go since I had missed a few weeks. Other than that, we had a very low-key day and night at home.
Oh, you know... just taking a little rest in the yard.
She got a little dirty

So did he :)  

Wednesday: We had an uneventful day. We were supposed to go to small group that night, and I really wanted to go since it was our last time to meet. We started our regular Wednesday night church back this week. I couldn't find a sitter for the kids, though, so we had to skip :( We ended up going out to eat at Mellow Mushroom, and we had a lot of fun. Sometimes eating out with the kids is just really stressful and we try to get out of there as quickly as possible. And then sometimes (less often), it's really fun, and the kids do great, and Alaina is happy, and it's just an enjoyable experience. This was one of those (rare) times :) After dinner, we made a family trip to Target.
My sweet 5 month old :)

Thursday: We stayed home all morning, and I got some things done around the house. David and I got to go on a date late that afternoon/evening. My parents came and kept the kids, and David and I saw Batman. It was so fun! We went to an Italian place for dinner after the movie, and it was a great date :) It was nice to have a fun date on a "regular" week night.

Friday: Alaina had been coughing all week, and I felt like she wasn't getting better like she should be. That morning, I thought she might be wheezing, so I decided to take her to the doctor. She ended up having an ear infection, and she was wheezing. So, we left with prescriptions for an antibiotic, steroid, and medicine to do breathing treatments :( I was glad I took her! While we were at the doctor, she looked at Jude too, and his ears were fine, thankfully. We had to stop at Target to pick up all the medicine, and by the time we got home, the kids were SO tired (they had to skip their naps for the appointment). Then David called to tell me that he was stuck at work and had no idea what time he'd be home. I was not excited. I managed to get Alaina down for a late nap, so I was able to cook dinner. David got home late, but the rest of our evening was fine.

Saturday: David took Aubrey and Jude to the Farmer's Market that morning, and Alaina and I stayed home and slept in. David also went to an estate sale and ended up getting a new (used) couch for us. (More on that later.) That afternoon while the kids napped, I went and got Bunco prizes. David and I switched out our kitchen and dining room chandeliers after I got home (we just swapped them). We finished the day with dinner and Kroger, as usual :)
These crack me up. Jude is just polishing off a little breastmilk that Alaina didn't want. He seriously LOVES the stuff and would chug it if I would let him. Haha! Sorry if that grosses you out ;)


Kristal said...

HA! I love the Jude drinks Alaina's leftover milk. Too funny! Little man is a growing boy - that stuff is good for him. :)

Whitney said...

I hope Alaina is doing better this week. So scary when they are little. Are you trying to get her off the swaddle again? Today I started weaning Sam off of it for naps. I wanted him done before he goes to the sitter's, but he's now rolling back to front so it's a must. So don't rush Alaina rolling! I feel like Avery had been out of the swaddle forever at this point and it's probably me dragging my feet, but I keep forgetting how old he is!