Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Jude!!

Two years ago today, my life was forever changed for the better when this little man entered it:
When I saw Jude for the first time, it was love at first sight. Being his Mama for the past two years has been pure joy. It's true what they say about mothers and sons.... I love my little boy more than I can express.
Jude is truly such a sweet child. He's almost always happy, he's affectionate, and he's just fun. His big blue eyes and blonde curls absolutely melt my heart, and I'm pretty much wrapped around his finger ;) 
David and I are so thankful and blessed to be Jude's parents. Sometimes it's overwhelming to think of what an awesome responsibility it is to be raising a son. I pray that Jude grows up to be a man of God and a leader. Whether he is a strong, outspoken leader or a more quiet, behind-the-scenes servant doesn't matter to me. I want Jude to be who God has called him to be, and, more than anything, I want him to love the Lord and be on fire for Him. I pray that he is full of humility, compassion, and gentleness and that he has a servant's heart. I also pray that he is bold and courageous for the sake of the gospel, and that he will always be brave and quick to defend the downtrodden. I want my son to be a man after God's own heart.
That's a lot of wishes for my sweet two year old, but I'm thankful that God knows the plans that He has for Jude. And I'm so thankful that I get to be his mother. As much of a privileged as it will be to watch Jude grow into a man, I'm glad that for right now, he's still just my little boy.

I love you so much, Jude!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

So sweet! I am eager to see how my relationship with Sam will develop. I hope you've all had a great time celebrating Jude's big day!

Amy said...

happy birthday to jude! i love your posts carrie....you're always able to perfectly express what i wish i could! you can just feel the love for your babies in the words that you write. what a gift and what a blessing for your babies!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Jude. There is something special between a son and his Mama. I'm thankful to have the experience of being a Mama to a son and a daughter. Can't believe that Jude is 2.