Monday, January 16, 2012

Week in Review: Reunited and it feels so good!

We had a really fun week! It was pretty low-key, and we probably spent more time at home than we usually do, but we had enough going on to keep us from going stir-crazy :) The big highlight of the week was that Ashley was in town for the weekend! I had been looking forward to seeing her for a long time, and our time together did not disappoint. We had so much fun, and it was wonderful to get that girl time!

Sunday: Jude was still recovering from pink eye, so David stayed home from church with him. We had nursery that morning, so Aubrey and I went to church without our boys. I was in the baby room, and it was fine but a bit chaotic ;) After church, I went to Sunday School. We were supposed to have lunch with David's parents after church, and we were worried we would have to cancel after Jude got pink eye. His eye looked a ton better already, and the doctor said he could be around people as long as he didn't touch anyone. So, lunch was still on :) Aubrey and I met David and Jude at the Fairview where we were eating lunch. Unfortunately, Jude's other eye had started looking pink while we were at church. David and I put medicine in both of his eyes in the parking lot and went in to lunch. It was SO good! I love the Fairview! David's parents had invited a young couple from their church, and it was fun getting to know them a little bit. Jude threw most of his food on the floor, though. Mealtimes are so fun these days. We came home after lunch, and Jude didn't nap because he had fallen asleep in the car on the way to lunch. Ughh. I took a nap, and then David and Aubrey went to church that evening. Jude and I made a Newk's run to get some dinner. He fell asleep in the car on the way there, and I got him out, carried him in, paid for my food, put him back in his carseat, drove home, and unloaded him all without waking him up. Baby boy was TIRED! I did wake him up to eat dinner when we got inside. We ate and then he sat in my lap most of the evening and we looked at books. It was sweet having that one-on-one time with him :) David and Aubrey got home, and David helped me put medicine in Jude's eyes before I put him to bed. David put Aubrey to bed, and then we talked a little and I got on the internet and then went to bed.

Monday: I was up bright and early for a doctor's appointment. My appointment was at 8:30, so David just stayed with the kids. I was hoping it would be quick. Both kids were still asleep when I left home, and I was wishing I was still sleeping too. Haha! My appointment went well, but it wasn't quick. It was 10:00 before I got out of there. Oh well, I was just glad to get a good report! I headed home so that David could get to work. Jude's eyes were much better, so we were going to have lunch with SD and kids. I got Aubrey and Jude ready, and we went to Newk's. (I got something different than the night before -- haha.) We had a fun lunch, but Jude got fussy, so I had to get him out of the highchair. Then he knocked a cup of water on poor Ann Peyton. He also threw a butter knife towards her later. I knew it was time to head home after that. When we got home, it was naptime for both kids. I put some white chili in the crockpot for dinner, and then Jude woke up. Jude had taken a decent nap, but it was still pretty early afternoon. I gave the children their snacks, and then we played. I wanted to get out of the house, so we went walking up and down our street a couple of times. Jude had been really fussy inside, but he was perfectly happy in his stroller outside. I let Aubrey walk, and she did great with staying close to me on the sidewalk. After we had walked for a while, we came back inside, and it was getting close to dinnertime. We killed a little time, and then we ate. Dinner was stressful. Jude wouldn't even taste the chili, and Aubrey took maybe one bite and wouldn't eat anymore. I don't even know why I bother cooking sometimes. I told Aubrey that the chili was what we were having for dinner, and she could choose to eat it or eat nothing. So chose nothing. Lovely. I was just kind of stressed and frustrated the rest of the evening, and Jude was fussy. I watched Wheel of Fortune, and then I bathed the kids. They had fun for a while, but then they were just irritating each other and screaming. I was so ready for bedtime. Haha! I got them out of the tub and put Jude to bed, and then David was home. Aubrey had decided by then that she was starving, so we told her she could eat her chili that she didn't eat for dinner, and she did! She ended up eating a big bowl and loving it. I wish she would have just done that in the fist place, but I was happy that she ended up eating. David put her to bed, and I enjoyed the peace and quiet until bed.

Tuesday:
Jude ended up having a really rough night. He was up a lot, and at one point when I was in his room, I thought he sounded congested. I figured he had caught a cold in the doctor's office a few days earlier and that he would be sick when he woke up on Tuesday. So when my alarm went off for Bible Study and both kids were still asleep, I just turned it off and went back to sleep. Jude woke up about 30 minutes later, and he was perfectly fine. No sign of a runny nose and in a good mood. I don't know WHAT in the WORLD caused that awful night. Maybe teething. It was too late to get ready for Bible Study, though, and I was bummed to be missing for no reason. It was a cold rainy day, so we just stayed inside all day. I have to watch Jude super closely these days because he climbs the bench at the foot of our bed and then he climbs onto the bed and gets down. Rinse and repeat.

The kids played that morning and I got some housework done. We ate lunch at home, and then I took a shower and put the kids down for naps. I was so tired and took a nap myself. Aubrey called me up to her room a lot, though, so my nap was interrupted several times. When they got up, I put on makeup and got ready. David came home that afternoon, and I cooked some pasta pesto for them to eat for dinner, and I left to go to Bunco. My mom and I met and rode together. We had a lot of fun! I was tied for most Buncos and Most Games. We had a roll-off, and I lost both! So, no prizes for me :( But it was really nice to be out of the house having adult conversations :) I talked to David when I got home. He had a good night with the kids. We went to bed fairly early.

Wednesday:
Jude was up early that morning, so we got up and ate breakfast and played until Aubrey got up. Then she ate breakfast, and we played some more. We had a very low-key morning. I gave both kids baths and took a shower myself. Then I got ready and we ate lunch. The kids went down for their naps after that. Jude took a while to go to sleep, but he finally did. Aubrey called me up to her room a lot again. I finally had a talk with her and told her that she could only call me up to her room if she was hurt or needed to potty (she doesn't have access to her bathroom in her room because I don't feel comfortable with that). I told her that if she called me up there for other reasons, she was going to have to start taking naps again. I explained that this was Mommy's rest time too, and going up and down the stairs 12 times wasn't exactly restful. Ha! She said she understood, and she's done a lot better since then. Between all the trips upstairs, I watched some TV and finished getting ready. I got Aubrey up and got her dressed, and then I had to wake Jude up and get him dressed. We loaded up and headed to church. Tutoring went well. After it was over, the kids played, and I talked to David about our days. We ate dinner at church. David had a mission's meeting, but since I'm not teaching right now, I didn't really have anything to do. I was going to get the kids out of the nursery and go home early, but Aubrey had been excited about going to play in the nursery, so I took David's car home and left the kids at church, and David brought them home after his meeting. It was nice to have a little while at home by myself! I vacuumed and then rested :) I did realize I had left my phone at church. Bummer! I couldn't even call David to ask him to get it for me without my phone though. When David and the kids got home, we put them to bed, and then David and I talked some more, and he went to bed early. I stayed up for a while longer and did some things on the internet, and then I went to bed too.

Thursday:
David went to church that morning and found my phone for me. He emailed me to let me know he had it, so the kids and I got ready after we got up and went to David's office to get it. I didn't want to be without my phone all day. We stayed and visited with David and Mary Jane (his co-worker) for a while, and then we left so that they could work ;) The kids weren't happy about leaving. They love visiting Daddy at work! It was lunchtime, so I told Aubrey we could drive through Chick-Fil-A, but she asked if we could eat inside. I told her we could eat inside, but we weren't going to play because it was close to Jude's naptime. She was fine with that, so we ate inside! I made the mistake of ordering the new grilled nuggets for Jude, and he wouldn't eat them. I should have known that boy wouldn't eat a grilled nugget! After our lunch, we came home for naps. Jude had a terrible time going to sleep. He cried for a long time, and I finally had to go in and rock him to sleep. He took a pretty good nap once he was finally asleep. After it had been a while, I went in to get Aubrey, and she was asleep on her floor. Ha! I woke her up when Jude woke up, and we went to Target. We browsed around and killed some time and got a few things. When we got home, I started working on dinner. Little Princess :)

We had beef and vegetable stir-fry, and we ate pretty much as soon as David got home. We gave the kids baths after dinner, and then we put them to bed. David went to bed pretty early again, and I stayed up for a while and then went to bed.

Friday: Jude woke up at 6:30. Ugh! I gave him his paci and he was quiet until 7, but I was up for the day at 6:30. When I tried to feed Jude his yogurt for breakfast, he had a random HUGE meltdown. He literally cried for 30 minutes, and I had NO idea what the problem was. He eventually calmed down, but he wouldn't eat his yogurt when I offered it to him. I finally figured out that he was mad because he wanted to feed the yogurt to himself. Oh my. He was just in a funk, and I was worn out by 8 AM. Ha! He really perked up when Aubrey woke up, so that was a relief. We played at home all morning. I did some laundry and straightening up. I also cooked a dessert for a family who just had a baby. We were taking them food that night, so I put some food in the crockpot for them. The kids and I ate a frozen pizza for lunch. Yum yum. Jude had a hard time going down for his nap again. I was so tired and really wanted to take a nap myself, so I ended up rocking him to sleep again. Whatever it takes to get a nap! ;) Aubrey played really quietly, so I was able to get a good nap. She called me up to her room after it had been about 2 hours, and I was going to get her up, but I wanted to pick a few things up downstairs, so I told her I would be back in just a minute. She was totally fine with that, so I went back up to her room about 10 minutes later, and she was asleep! Haha. I let her sleep, and I got a few things done. I was so excited because Ashley was in town, and she and SD and I were having a girls' night! I got ready for that, and then David got home. Since I had plans, he was going to deliver the meal to the family for me. I got everything packed up, and he woke Aubrey up. They left fist to go deliver the food, and then they were having dinner with David's parents. I finished getting my stuff together, and then I picked up SD and we went to the hotel where Ashley was staying. We walked in the door and started talking immediately. Haha! We sat around talking for a while, and then we left to go eat dinner. We went to Bon Ami, and it was delish! We stayed at the restaurant for a long time talking about everything under the sun :) On the way back to the hotel, we made a Sonic stop, and then we we ready for a night of catching up on life. Sarah Denley and I were spending the night at the hotel with Ashley. SD had to run home to feed Graves, but when she got back, we stay up LATE talking. It was SO GOOD to have that time to catch up! We don't get a lot of time with Ashley these days, but the time we do have together is always so wonderful that I feel like our friendship is still really strong. So fun! We finally called it a night and went to sleep at around 3:30 AM (I think).

Saturday: Sarah Denley had to leave the hotel really early that morning to get home to her kids, but Ashley and I slept in. When we got up, we got ready, and then we left the hotel and went our separate ways. I went to a few stores on the way home and got a birthday gift for a party we were going to that afternoon, and then I headed home to see my family. They were eating lunch when I got home, and I was happy to see them :) David and I talked while the kids finished eating, and then he bathed them. I put Jude down for his nap, and he went down without a peep. Aubrey played really well in her room, too. David worked on getting some of the Christmas decorations put away. (They've been down for a while, but they've just been kind of piled in the dining room.) I made a meal plan and a grocery list for the coming week. I was feeling pretty sleepy after my late night, but I didn't really have time for a nap. I ironed the kids' clothes for the birthday party, and then we got Aubrey up and dressed. We ended up having to wake Jude up. Once we were all ready, we headed to Carver's 2nd birthday party! It was at the Arant's house, and it was SO cute! Jude wasn't so sure about the hat, but he did keep it on for a little while. His face cracks me up. Ha! Aubrey and Jude immediately wanted to go play outside, and they had a blast :) David and I had fun too, and we stayed until around 5. We came back home to get my grocery list, and then we went to dinner. We ate at a BBQ place, and it was really good! We went to Kroger on our way home. We put the groceries away and the kids to bed when we got home. I got on the internet for a little while, and David watched football. I didn't last long though -- I ended up going to be at around 9:45. Staying up until 3:30 is rough when you're 8 months pregnant! Haha!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

CUTE pictures. Are you going to take Aubrey to see Beauty and the Beast? Evie loved it but did get a little nervous in the middle. I am so impressed that you have ever stayed up to 3:30. Oh my, I can barely make it to 10. Jude looks adorable in those overalls and I love the big bows in Aubrey's hair. Hope you are feeling well!