Tuesday, January 17, 2012

31 Weeks

I have officially entered the stage where people feel like it's ok to comment on my size. If I hear someone say that I've really "blossomed" one more time.... hahah! I try not to let it get to me too much, because I know they aren't trying to be mean. But what I want to say is, "You don't have to tell me I'm big! Trust me when I say that I am well aware of that fact. I am the one lugging around the excess weight after all." ;)

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
31 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 16 inches and over 3 pounds -- about the size of a squash!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I think I'm right on track to gain the same amount of weight this pregnancy as I did with my other two. In other words -- a lot ;)
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I would love some new options, but I'm really going to try to make it 9 more weeks with the things I already have.
Movement: Lots of it! She's been moving around all up in my rib cage lately. I think she's running out of room!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: I am still sleeping well, but Jude hasn't been. Which means my sleep has been interrupted. And we've been starting our days a little early for my taste.
What I miss: Not thinking about everything I eat and how it's probably going to cause me to gain 10 pounds.
Cravings: I haven't had any cravings, but I've been wanting to drink a lot of water. Yay for something good! I have been doing better about not eating so many sweets. Until tonight when I got a huge sweet tooth and definitely drove through Dairy Queen after I put Jude to bed ;)
Symptoms: Heartburn, getting winded easily, pelvic bone pain, swelling ankles if I stand/walk a lot.
Best Moment This Week: Getting to spend time with Ashley and Sarah Denley over the weekend and talking about life and parenting and growing families and everything under the sun :)
What I Am Looking Forward To: I'm kind of getting to the point where I'm just looking forward to her being here. I say "kind of" because I know what's coming and I know that newborns are a lot of work! Haha! Of course, I'm completely excited about her birth and arrival, but I'm still enjoying my sleep and the normalcy of life right now that I know will change when she gets here. I'm not to the point where I'm just completely over being pregnant, but I can see that coming on the horizon.

No comments: