Monday, January 9, 2012

30 Weeks

Yay, 30 weeks! I can't believe I'm 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy! It's flown by so far -- let's hope the next 10 weeks don't drag :)

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
30 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 16 inches and around 3 pounds -- about the size of a squash!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well...... I went to the doctor today, and the weight gain is on up there ;) My doctor said she was "cutting everyone some slack" since we just got through the holidays. Haha! She did say to just eat healthy and try to be active. Honestly, I'm not too worried about the weight gain. I think this is just clearly how my body does pregnancy, and I have lost the weight twice before, and Lord willing, I'll do it again :) If gaining a lot of weight is my worst pregnancy "side effect" I think I'm pretty blessed!
Maternity Clothes: Yep! I'm outgrowing all of my pajama t-shirts, too. I'm about to have to raid David's! Ha!
Movement: I think this sweet girl is trying to bust right out of the womb with all the hard kicking she's doing! ;) She must hear her brother and sister, and she wants to join in on the fun!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: I have slept great the past few nights. I'm talking deep, hard sleep. One night, Aubrey woke up and had had an accident in her bed. David left our room and went to take care of that, and he was apparently in and out of our room a few times getting some sheets, and I never knew about any of that. Crazy! It's nice though, because I haven't been taking as many naps since I've been sleeping better.
What I miss: Being able to walk up and down the stairs without getting crazy winded.
Cravings: Anything sweet! Hence the weight issue :) I'm determined to do better, though. I just need a dessert detox, and then I don't think I'll crave them as much. Once I start eating sweets, I want them ALL the time. If I can just stay away entirely, though, it's no big deal. I need some self-control! And I need to stay off Pinterest at night.... that always makes me want to go whip something up!
Symptoms: Heartburn, getting winded easily, pelvic bone pain.... I think that about covers it!
Best Moment This Week: Getting a good report at the doctor today. My blood pressure was great, which is always such a relief and an answer to prayer. My belly was measuring right at 30 weeks. Alaina had a strong heartbeat. And I'm now going to the doctor every 2 weeks! We're officially in the home stretch!
What I Am Looking Forward To: We've made a lot of progress in the nursery now that Jude is in his new room. All we have left to do is some organizing and adding some girlie accessories :) I'm excited about getting that done!

3 comments:

Katie said...

You're looking good, girl! She'll be here before you know it!

Ashley said...

Carrie, seriously - I feel like I JUST found out you were pregnant! This has FLOWN BY. You look awesome!

Nathalie said...

30 weeks! I can't believe it.. Alaina will be here before you know it. Looking great, Carrie!