Thursday, December 8, 2011

Random Thoughts

-I feel like I haven't been blogging much lately. I want to blog, but I'm just having a hard time coming up with anything to talk about. I do want to post pictures of my storm shelter and my Christmas decorations soon!

-Aubrey has been so cute about the baby lately. It has been SO fun having a child old enough to get the concept of pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Jude, she had no clue what was going on, and Jude has no clue what's going on this time. But Aubrey really understands a lot, and she asks a bunch of questions. The other day we were eating lunch, and Aubrey randomly said, "Mommy, let's talk about Alaina." I said, "Ok! What do you want to say about her?" She said, "When Alaina 'Roof' is a big girl like me, what do you think she is gonna like to do?" I said she would probably like the same things that Aubrey likes right now, and I named some of Aubrey's favorite things. I told Aubrey that Alaina's FAVORITE thing to do would probably be playing with her big sister Aubrey and her big brother Jude :) That made Aubrey happy! It was such a sweet little conversation!

-Speaking of Alaina, I love her name, but it still seems kind of strange to me. Not strange like it's a strange name, but it's strange that it's MY little girl's name. I've said all along that it was David's choice, but I was definitely in agreement. I do love the name, and I think when she's here, it will seem like the "right" name, but for now, I feel sort of detached from the name. Does that make ANY sense? Honestly, I love the name Adleigh. David liked it too for a while, but we were worried that it was too close to Aubrey. Plus, it is kind of a weird name. But I think I just got attached to it for some reason. I think it would be SO weird to change our minds about the name now, so I'm not saying we're going to change her name! I just wanted to blog about that, because I'm sure in 10 years I'll laugh that I ever thought about naming Alaina anything other than Alaina :)

-I have SO many projects that I want to do around the house. We need to redo the guest bedroom and turn it into Jude's bedroom. We really just need to paint the walls and move him in there. He will be in his crib for a while longer (hopefully a GOOD while), so we won't really be able to finish his room until we get his permanent furniture. We know we want to get bunk beds for his room. I love bunk beds in little boy's rooms :) On top of doing Jude's new room, I want to make a few MINOR changes to the nursery. I want to change the window treatments slightly and hang different things on the wall. In Aubrey's room, we still need to put the molding boxes below her chair rail, and I want to have window seat cushions made for her window seats as well as some pillows. I also want to figure out a way to add bookshelves to her window seats, but I don't know if that's going to be possible. I'd also love to add a canopy over her bed, but I have no idea how to do that with her sloped ceiling, so it probably won't happen. As if that's not enough, I want to spruce up our office (mostly just getting rid of clutter and arranging things neatly on the bookshelves) and paint our coffee table and sideboard. Oh, and we REALLY need to redo our half bath. Whew! I don't think that's going to all happen before the baby is born. And I'm ok with that :)

-I'm SO excited about our anniversary trip next week! It's not going to be anything elaborate, but it will be so nice to have a little vacation with David. The kids are staying here, and I'll miss them a ton, but I think it's so important for a marriage to get just couple time every so often. Can't wait!

-I think that's enough rambling for now, so I think I'll call it a night :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is fun that Aubrey can really experience your pregnancy with you this time! I was worried that I would not be happy with Evie's name even though I had wanted that name for the longest time. It's just normal to worry since it's such an important decision. I think you have chosen a beautiful name for your little girl.