Monday, September 26, 2011

15 Weeks

I know it would get super annoying if I complained about my picture every week, so I'll stop. Definitely getting bigger and bigger! Grow, baby, grow! :)

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 15 weeks
Size of baby: He or she is about 4 inches and 2.5 ounces -- about the size of a naval orange!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Well, I went to the doctor today, so I know how much weight I've officially gained. It's not terrible, but I definitely feel like the crazy weight gain has begun. I'm really hoping to gain less weight this time, but I think my body might just need to pack on the pounds when I'm pregnant for some reason. I keep telling myself that this is just a stage, and that I've lost the weight twice before, and I can do it again. Plus, healthy babies are totally worth looking chubby! I just can't be vain when pregnant (and I shouldn't ever be vain!).
Maternity Clothes: Some of my regular pants still fit, but they aren't very flattering at this point. They give me that gross muffin top look. The maternity pants I have are really too big, though. I need to go maternity clothes shopping! ALL of my maternity clothes are very summery.
Movement: Still nothing consistent. My doctor said I could expect to feel movement between 16-18 weeks since this is my third pregnancy. She said not to be alarmed if I don't feel it that early, though. I'm ready to feel movement!
Gender: We find out in THREE WEEKS!!!! So excited :) We've started talking about names more and more, and that makes it more real and exciting.
Sleep: I sleep great! Really the only babies keeping me from sleeping are the two who are already born :/ Ha!
What I miss: I can't think of anything that I'm missing. My pregnancies are so easy (thank you, God!) that sometimes I really forget that I'm pregnant, so it's hard to miss anything :)
Cravings: Hmmm, I've been wanting salads lately. I'm hoping that sticks around! Last night, I was craving a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's, so we drove through on the way home from church!
Symptoms: I've had some indigestion this week. It isn't too terrible at this point, but that's probably coming. I had AWFUL heartburn when I was pregnant with Jude. Everything, including water, gave me heartburn, so I kind of expect that this time, too.
Best Moment This Week: Going to the doctor today and hearing the baby's heartbeat! It was in the 150's-160's. Also, I had monitored my blood pressure at home this past month. My BP is always a little high when I go to the doctor (I get super nervous every time for some reason!), and my doctor is kind of worried about my BP anyway since it was an issue after Jude's birth. Thankfully, she was really pleased with BP numbers that I had recorded at home. That made me feel much better. I'm praying that I make it through this pregnancy (and post partum!) without blood pressure issues!
What I Am Looking Forward To: October 19th!! That's our sonogram date, and you better believe there is a countdown going on! :) It's so fun this time (it's been fun every time, though) because, since we have one of each, neither of us has a preference at all. There is no pressure either way, and we'll just be so thrilled with a boy or a girl! Praying for a healthy baby!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Carrie, you look adorable. You make pregnancy and mothering look so easy! I am excited to see if Baby Howie is a boy or a girl too.

Whitney said...

Carrie - I know you probably have no idea who I am...I'm one of Ashley's friends. Just SO EXCITED to see that someone else has BP issues when going to the doctor! HAHA! I always get SO nervous that my BP is so high...they laugh at me. I had to monitor mine at home too because its so high when I go. But it's almost turned into this never ending cycle because now I'm afraid of the blood pressure cuff...haha! It makes me nervous just to take it! Anyway - glad to know I'm not alone. Hope things go well with your little ones!