Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week in Review: Life's a Circus

Our week started out BUSY. I was hosting my Bunco group on Tuesday night, and there is just always so much to get done when you're having 11 people over for dinner! Towards the end of the week, we all came down with colds, so that kind of knocked us out for a few days. Thankfully, we seem to be on the mend now. I also tried skipping Jude's morning nap to see if that would help with the afternoon nap situation. I've been trying to put him down around noon the past few days, and that seems to be working well. Hopefully he'll transition completely soon, because he still gets so tired in the mornings. I feel like this transition stage between two naps a day and one is always tough.

Sunday: We had decided after our long night with Jude the night before that I would stay home from church with him and take him to the doctor to have his ears checked. So, I got up when Jude woke up around 8. He was in a pretty good mood when he got up, and I started second guessing my decision to take him to the doctor. I decided to just go on though -- better safe than sorry! I called and got an appointment, and we had to leave about 10 minutes after I hung up the phone. I rushed to get dressed, and David gave Jude some yogurt, and then we ran out the door. I had to leave poor David to get Aubrey ready for church on his own. Jude and I didn't have to wait too long at the doctor, and it turned out his ears were fine, but he was cutting his molars. Thus the cause of the excessive fussiness. The doctor gave us a prescription for Jude's gums, and we stopped by Kroger on our way home, but the pharmacy wasn't open yet. I looked for Ladyfinger cookies and got some breakfast while we were there, and then Jude and I came back home. I put Jude down for his nap, and then I did some odds and ends around the house. I Cooked lunch after a while, but David and Aubrey stopped by Target on their way home to get Jude's medicine, so they were running late. Our lunch was a little cold when they got home, but we ate it anyway :) After lunch, Aubrey went down for a nap, and I took a shower and then took a nap myself. I got up and got dressed and put on makeup, and then we all went to church that night since Jude was fine. We had a good time at church, and then we went to Mazzios for dinner with the Arants and my family. That was a lot of fun! It was bedtime when we got home!

Monday: When we got up that morning, we ate breakfast and then immediately loaded up into the car to go run errands. I was hosting Bunco the next night, and I had several errands to run for that. Plus, I was going to try skipping Jude's morning nap to see if that made the afternoon any better. So, the kids and I went to Kroger to find Ladyfinger cookies. They didn't have them at any of the Krogers close to our house, so we had to go to another one, but I found them thankfully. Then we went to Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Tuesday Morning. I was looking for Bunco prizes, but I wasn't really finding anything, and Jude had a total meltdown in Tuesday Morning because he was so tired. I knew at that point that it was time to head home. Jude took a little nap in the car, but that worked out well because he was able to stay awake long enough to eat lunch once we got home. I let him play for a little while, and then put him in bed at 12:30. He ended up sleeping until 4! It was SO nice. And Aubrey took a great nap too! Yay! I was able to get a LOT done while they both slept. I fixed Tiramisu for dessert for the next night and cleaned a lot around the house. When the kids woke up, we went to Wal-Mart to get a bunch of stuff for Bunco. I needed to go to Kroger, too, but Jude started melting down, and it was dinner time, so we just went home.
Aubrey has decided that she loves wearing my clothes and shoes. She likes to say that things are SHIRTS on me, but they are DRESSES on her. By the way, she doesn't leave the house like this, but I let her have fun dressing up while we're home. Silly girl! :) (The shoes Aubrey is wearing are the shoes I wore for my wedding.)

We ate dinner, and then the kids played. I put Jude to bed, and then David got home from karate, and Rebekkah and I went to the gym. I started a project when I got home (putting trim on Aubrey's bedskirt), so I ended up staying up way later than I wanted to.

Tuesday: I got ready for Bible Study when I got up, and then I got the kids ready. We left and had a good Bible Study. After it was over, we grabbed a quick lunch at Newks with Rebekkah and Carver. That was fun! We had to stop at Kroger on the way home and get the rest of the stuff I needed for Bunco. I had never found any prizes, so I got my SWEET mom to go get the prizes for me. I ended up getting Peter's Pottery, and I thought they were really good prizes. The kids napped when we got home. Jude's nap was not as successful as the day before :( He was just really not feeling well. His teeth were bothering him, and he had a runny nose. Poor baby. He finally went to sleep for a little while, but he never got a great nap. I was running around trying to get a million things done. I had to do all the last minute cleaning that just really needs to be done the day of like sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning the bathrooms. My mom came over that afternoon to help me, and that was a relief. She was able to take Jude who was SO fussy and play with him. I cooked vegetable lasagna to serve for dinner, and I finished getting everything set up. David got home and helped a lot, and then he took the kids to have dinner with his parents. Everyone was running late to Bunco that night (except my mom and Rebekkah), but they eventually got to my house, and we ate dinner. Then we played Bunco, and everything went well and we all had fun. David got home and put the kids to bed while everyone was still here. When Bunco ended and everyone went home, we straightened up a little bit and went to bed early. I was tired after such a busy few days!

Wednesday: We had a VERY uneventful day at home, which was welcomed. We just hung out together and played all day. I didn't even really do anything around the house since it was all clean -- so nice! I was starting to come down with a cold, so I wasn't feeling 100%. We ate leftovers for lunch, and then it was naptime. Aubrey napped well, but Jude had some trouble. He was so tired that morning, so I had let him take a little morning nap, and that just totally messed up the afternoon nap. He did sleep a little, but not like I was hoping. I took a shower and got ready while both kids were in bed, and then I just rested.
Just a little fun on the stairs with Daddy.
When David got home, we were both in the mood for breakfast for dinner, so we decided to go to IHop. That was fun, and it was good to get out of the house after being at home all day. We put the kids to bed when we got home, and then I watched some TV before going to bed.

Thursday: I decided to get out and run errands again that morning during Jude's naptime. We went to Hobby Lobby, Target, and Kroger (how many times can you go to Kroger in one week?!). The kids did pretty well, but Jude was fading fast toward the end. We came home and ate lunch, and then I let Jude play for a while before putting him to bed. He took a while to go to sleep, but he did end up napping. Thank God! Aubrey napped well, so I took a shower and fixed some Taco Soup for dinner. When David got home, he played with the kids, and I got ready. I ate dinner early, because I was going to a dessert gathering at a lady's house from church to hear a missions report. David kept the kids while I went, and I enjoyed it. I got home pretty late, though, and we went to bed.

Friday: I felt pretty blah when I got up. I just felt so congested and stopped up, but I started feeling better after a while. Jude was SO upset when he first got up. He was just crying, and I felt bad for him because I could see his swollen gums, and I knew they hurt :( He perked up after breakfast, thankfully! I took a shower, and then I put Aubrey in the bathtub. We met Sarah Denley and her kids for an early lunch at Corner Bakery. That was fun, and Jude did pretty well considering he didn't have a nap that morning. We came home after lunch, and I put Jude to bed. I let Aubrey play for a little while and took her outside to snap a few pictures for her birthday party invitation. Then it was naptime for her, too. While the kids both slept, I got on the internet and watched Project Runway. Jude woke up first, and my mom and brothers got here just as I was coming downstairs with him. David and I were taking Aubrey to the circus that night, and my mom was babysitting Jude. I let Aubrey sleep a while longer, and then we woke her up. Jude was VERY fussy, and I realized he had fever :( I gave him medicine, and prayed that he would start feeling better. I felt so bad leaving him when he was sick, but we already had our circus tickets, and Aubrey was SO excited. Plus, I knew my mom would take good care of him :) David and I weren't feeling great ourselves. We just all have colds, plus Jude is teething on top of that. David, Aubrey, and I grabbed dinner at 5 Guys, and then we headed to the circus. It was so fun! Baby Girl got her first tattoo :)
Aubrey really did great and kept us entertained with some cute conversations. After it ended, we came home to check on our little man. Jude was in bed, and my mom said he had done fine. His fever had gone down, and he had perked up after dinner. I was glad to hear he had had a fun night too! We talked to my mom and brothers for a little while, and then they left. David put Aubrey to bed, and then we went to bed too. We both were very congested and weren't feeling great by this point.

Saturday: I slept in, and then we just hung around the house ALL DAY. We were all feeling a little under the weather, so we decided to just stay home and try to get some rest. We ate leftovers for lunch, and then the kids took naps. While they slept, I laid on the couch and watched TV. David rested some too. We took showers and got dressed that afternoon, and I was about to go stir crazy. So, we picked up some dinner and took it to the park for a little picnic. We were the only ones there, so it was perfect. This little man was about ready for BED.

I think Aubrey started to feel a little ill toward the end, because she was saying she was tired and ready to go home. She was also SUPER emotional. She just cried at the drop of a hat. So, we brought the kids home and bathed Jude and put them both to bed early. David and I were planning on going to bed early too, but we started talking and ended up staying up pretty late.

No comments: