Saturday, July 2, 2011

Week in Review: Home is where the heart is

We had a good, fairly restful week. After our fun trip the week before, it was nice to just be at home and back to normal!

Sunday: This was my first day back home after our beach trip, and I slept GOOD in my own bed :) We got up early and got ready for church. We made it only a little late. After church, we had a joint adult Sunday School class that I enjoyed. We came home and ate spaghetti for lunch. Then it was naptime! I got a nice long nap, and it was so nice :) We went back to church that night, and we had a fellowship and snack time after church. There wasn't much food at all, though, so the fellowship time didn't last very long. Haha. We went to Jason's Deli for dinner after we left church, and then we put the kids to bed when we got home.

Monday: Aubrey actually slept until 7:45, which is late for her, but Jude was up at 7. Rarely do they ever sleep late on the same day. When we got up, we hung out at home all morning and ate breakfast and just relaxed. Then when Jude went down for his morning nap, I took a shower and got dressed and ready. I got Aubrey dressed and straightened up a little bit, and then Sarah Denley and her kiddos came over for lunch. SD brought Chick Fil A and we ate and talked. It was fun, and we were able to talk more than we have lately since we weren't in a restaurant trying to keep the kids quiet. Aubrey and Ann Peyton played together pretty well, in my opinion :)After they left, I put Aubrey down for a nap, and then I got Jude down, too. I watched a little TV, and then the kids woke up. I straightened up some and fixed dinner for Aubrey. Then my mother-in-law came over to watch the kids while I went to book club. I left and picked Rebekkah up, and we went to a Mexican restaurant where we were having dinner. We ate and then discussed the book Still Alice. The book is about a 50 year old lady with early onset Alzheimer's disease. It was a very interesting read, and we had a good discussion. I got home pretty late, and David and I talked for a little while before going to bed.

Tuesday: The kids were up early, and we got ready to go to Bible Study. I hadn't done my Bible Study homework this time since we were out of town the week before. Oops! I still enjoyed listening to the discussion. After it was over, we went to the gym at church to see my parents. My mom had taken pizza to the church for the boys in my dad's ministry. The kids and I ended up staying for a while and eating some lunch. We headed home for naps. Aubrey wouldn't nap, though. She stayed in her bed for about 2 hours, but she never did go to sleep. Jude took a pretty good nap, thankfully. After Jude woke up, I got Aubrey up and we went to Kroger. I got stuff to cook for dinner, but I was looking for a ham for the next night, and they didn't have one. When we got home from the grocery store, David was home, and he watched the kids while I cooked dinner. We ate fish and vegetables for dinner, and then I went to the other two grocery stores close to our house looking for a ham, but no luck! When I got home, we hung out with the kids for a little while.
Aubrey was playing on the back deck and we opened the window, and Jude loved watching her. Also, please note Aubrey's outfit. She found a bag of her old clothes in Jude's closet and got into them. I think this outfit is about a size 6 months.

I then I put Jude to bed. I changed into workout clothes, and Rebekkah picked me up and we went to the gym. We had a good workout, but it was tough since we hadn't been to the gym in a while. I straightened up the house a little when I got home and went to bed.

Wednesday: The kids both slept until 8:00! That was SO nice! :) When we got up, Aubrey watched a movie, Jude played, and I worked around the house dusting and cleaning. We were having people from church over that night for "Dinner's 8." You sign up to participate, and then you get grouped with "random" people. I was responsible for the main dish, and I really wanted to do a ham, but I was having trouble finding one. David called a Kroger that I hadn't been to, and they had some, so the kids and I loaded up and went to get a ham that morning. When we got home, it was Jude's naptime. I took a shower and got ready while he slept. Then I fixed some lunch for Aubrey. Jude woke up earlier than I was hoping, so I went ahead and fed him lunch, too. I then got them both dressed, and we went to church. My dad has tutoring in the afternoons for the boys in his ministry, and I am going to start tutoring once a week. This was my first week, and I enjoyed it! They have some youth girls there to watch the tutor's kids, so the kids had fun playing, too. Unfortunately, tutoring is right in the middle of naptime, but I figured it would be ok once a week. Aubrey ended up falling asleep in the car on the way home, and I tried to put her in bed but she woke up and never went back to sleep. Jude did go down for a nap, thankfully. I got busy getting the house ready for our company that night. David got home not too long after that, and he was able to entertain the kids while I got a lot done. The Arants were in our Dinner's 8 group, which was so nice because we were able to share a babysitter. We had Laken (the same babysitter we took to the beach) babysit Aubrey, Carver, and Jude over at the Arant's house while we all had dinner at our house. We really enjoyed our group! We got to talk to some people who we know well and some who we don't know as well. We played Catch Phrase after dinner, and that's always so fun! After everyone left, I picked the kids and Laken up from the Arants and brought them home and put Jude to bed. I then took Laken home while David put Aubrey to bed. When I got home, David had cleaned up from our company, and we went to bed fairly early.

Thursday: Aubrey woke up before 7. I knew she would be so tired after not napping the day before and going to bed late, so I didn't let her get up. She ended up staying in her bed fairly quietly until about 7:30 when Jude woke up. David had taken my car with the carseats to get the oil changed that day, so the kids and I were home bound. We had a very low-key day. When Jude went down for his nap, Aubrey and I went outside and played in the pool for a while until she was ready to come back inside. Then we ate lunch, and just played until naptime. Aubrey went down for her nap first, and she ended up sleeping for 3 hours. Jude went down a little later, and he slept for 2 hours. While they both slept, I took a shower, made up my bed, and straightened up. Then I laid on the couch and watched TV and was lazy until Jude woke up :) David got home soon after that, and we talked for a while, and then Aubrey woke up. David played with the kids upstairs, and I ran to Kroger to get a few things for dinner.
Yet another interesting ensemble on Aubrey. I told you she loves to pick out her own clothing, and when we're just hanging out at home, I try to let her. But then we end up with outfits like this.

We had some ham leftover from the night before, so we had ham and cheese melts for dinner. After we ate, we all went on a long walk. Ready to go!
Aubrey wanted to hold Knightly's leash.Dog on the loose! Thankfully, we recovered him :)

I put Jude to bed when we got home, and David bathed Aubrey and put her to bed. Then I got on the internet and read some blogs until bedtime.

Friday: We were up bright and early, and after a day at home the day before, I was feeling the itch to get out of the house. So, I took a shower and got ready and then got the kids dressed, and we went to breakfast at Corner Bakery. Just the three of us.
Jude has pretty much outgrown his carseat. Look at how big he is! He's getting a new carseat this week.

It was fun, and it actually felt really good to all be up, dressed, and out of the house before 9 am. Breakfast was a little frustrating when Aubrey would only eat about two bites, but that's pretty much the norm these days. After we ate, we went to a children's clothing sample sale that was at a hotel. They had a lot of cute stuff, but I only had a limited amount of cash with me (on purpose), so I had to settle on just two things. I got matching Christmas outfits for Aubrey and Jude. I'm thinking Christmas card pics! Haha. I still have a while to contemplate that one, though... By the time we left the sale, Jude was super tired and fussed off and on the whole way home. Aubrey had a complete meltdown that I'm still unsure about the cause of as soon as we walked in the door, and for a few minutes until I got Jude in bed, both kids were screaming. Lovely! Jude went to sleep, and I talked to Aubrey about the way she was acting, and then she finished watching Beauty and the Beast that she had started that morning while I fixed her lunch. She ate and played for a while, and the I put her in bed for a nap. She talked loudly for a while, and about 15 minutes after I put her down, Jude woke up. I fed Jude lunch, and Aubrey finally went to sleep. I was straightening up the house and just about to put Jude down for a nap when David got home from work a little early. He talked and played with Jude for a little while, and then I put Jude to bed. David and I just hung out for a while, and then he woke Aubrey up from her nap because she had been sleeping for a long time. Jude woke up shortly after Aubrey, and we got ready and went to the Fed Ex store to print out Jude's birthday invitations. Once we finished there, we ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I then ran into Office Depot looking for envelopes for Jude's invitation, but they didn't have the right size. So, we stopped by Wal-Mart on our way home to look for envelopes there. They had some that we got, but I wasn't sure if they were going to work. We put the kids to bed when we got home, and I tried out the envelopes. They ended up being TOO big, but then I remembered that I had some leftover envelopes from birth announcements, and they ended up fitting perfectly. Yay! David and I watched Two Weeks Notice after the kids were asleep, and then we went to bed after the movie.

Saturday: I fed Jude at 7, and then went back to bed and didn't wake up until 10! Wow, I didn't mean to sleep THAT late ;) Jude had just gone down for a nap when I got up, and David and Aubrey were watching The Little Mermaid.
Here is another mismatched "baby outfit." I promise that my child doesn't look like a homeless person when we leave home. Haha! David braided her hair. Isn't that so sweet?!

I talked to them and watched the movie for a little while, and then I took a shower and got ready. I met my mom and grandmother, and we ate lunch and went thrift shopping. We were looking for a "big girl" bed for Aubrey that I can paint. We went to tons of thrift/antique/consignment stores, but I didn't find anything. I kind of have a specific idea about what kind of bed I want. I came back home this afternoon, and both kids were napping. Jude woke up not too long after I got home, and I fed him. Then we just hung out for a while before going to get pizza for dinner. We went to Kroger after dinner, and now the kids are in bed, and I'm going to try to get stuff ready for church tomorrow so that we can be on time :)

I'm looking forward to the holiday on Monday, but I think we're going to end up having the most low-key Fourth in history :) I actually don't mind that at all, though! I'm looking forward to some good family time! Then I have a little mini girl's trip in the middle of the week that should be super fun!

1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

It's so funny to me to see Aubrey wearing her baby clothes. Evie certainly has an opinion about her clothes too. Sometimes, it is just not worth fussing. I am impressed you will be helping with tutoring. That is something that I have been interested in doing too but I am such a scheduled person that naptime is by the book. Evie is supposed to go to a birthday party and it's right around naptime. I am trying to be flexible but it may be too much for us anyway right now. Can't wait to see how the bed turns out once you buy it. That is our plan too - we have a beautiful bed in our GBR that would be so cute painted - it's a hand me down bed so we do not feel badly painting it. You will find one soon. When are you going to do the big switch? That's something that else that makes me nervous! I act like she will never sleep again if I put her in a big bed - we are thinking January.