Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girls' Trip!

I was able to have a super fun little mid-week get away to Tuesday and Wednesday. Sarah Denley and I met Ashley in Memphis for a mini girls' trip, and we really had a great time being together and catching up! Memphis is about half-way between where we live, and it's such an easy trip that we decided that we will definitely have to repeat this! :) We didn't do a ton while we were there, which was fine with all of us. The purpose of this trip was to catch up, and that's exactly what we did! We spent a ton of time just sitting in the hotel talking. We did venture out for meals and a little shopping, too ;) While we were there, Ashley gave us a few little photography "lessons." Really she just showed us how to use some of the settings on our cameras. I took TONS of pictures of random objects. Some of them are terrible...... and some of them turned out ok. We did have one adorable LIVE model to practice on, too!I just have to say that this little man was a trooper for our girls' trip! He really couldn't have been any better! Such a sweet baby :)

I'm so thankful to have these two sweet friends in my life. We can always pick right back up where we left off when we see each other, and we just fall right back into our old conversations. We stayed up until ALL HOURS of the night (and wouldn't you know that my kids got up at the CRACK of DAWN this morning to repay me for leaving them) talking about things that are really serious (parenting and discipline) and things that are completely funny and frivolous (what is the definition of a BEST friend and is it possible to have more than one?). Love them! As much fun as it was to get away, I was happy to come home where I belong with my three loves!

1 comment:

Sarah Denley said...

Oh my gosh, that Sprite looks so good, I actually want one. Ha! I had so much fun; can't wait to do it again!