Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week in Review: July 4th, Memphis, and a Big Girl Bed!

We had a fun filled week! It started off with a holiday, and I had a fun girls' trip in the middle. The week ended with a big transition for us: We moved Aubrey to a big girl bed!! I will do a whole post on that later when we have more nights under our belts :)

Sunday: We got up and got ready for church. David had to usher, so we really had to be on time. We did manage to make it just in the nick of time :) We had communion that day, and just as I that was being served, I got paged. I assumed it was Jude, but I really NEVER get paged for him. I rushed over to the nursery hoping everything was ok, and it was Aubrey I had been paged for! She had had an accident in her clothes :( She was sitting in the corner and wouldn't let the teacher help her. Poor thing! I think she was just embarrassed. She has not had an accident in ages, so I didn't even have a change of clothes for her. We had a random skirt in the car, and our nursery coordinator found a shirt for us. It was a rather interesting outfit that Aubrey sported during Sunday School ;) At least she was dry, though! After all of that, we went to Sunday School. We had another joint class with all the other adult classes, and it was good again. After church, we came home and ate tacos for lunch. We took naps after lunch and went back to church that evening. After church, we went to dinner at Amerigo. Yum, my favorite! :) We came home and put the kids to bed that night.

Monday: Happy 4th of July! We actually had probably the most low-key Independence Day in history :) David got up with the kids that morning, and I slept in. When I got up, we just hung out until Jude's naptime. I put him in bed, and then David, Aubrey, and I went outside to play in the water.That was fun, and we stayed out until Jude woke up. Once we were back inside, we all ate leftovers for lunch. The kids played, and I took a shower and got dressed. We had been having water coming up out of the ground in our flower bed for a few days, so David called a plumber. We expected them to not be working on July 4th, but we were hoping someone would be able to come fix it the next day. Turns out, the guy offered to come right away. I got both of the kids down for an afternoon nap, and then I went to Target while David stayed at home with the kids and the plumber. We had a busted pipe, so it's good that we were able to go ahead and get it taken care of! I got some diapers and other staple items at Target and then came back home. I pounded out some chicken and made a marinade when I got home. I then started looking for my cell phone and couldn't find it anywhere. David called it, and I had left it at Target :( Thankfully, it was safe in customer service. I did have to go back to Target to pick it up, though. When I got home from round 2 of Target, David grilled the chicken and I cooked some broccolini and baked some potatoes. We ate a good dinner, and I then cooked an apple pie. I just felt like we HAD to have apple pie on the 4th in order to be proper Americans :) After dinner and dessert, we just hung out with the kids until bedtime. After they were asleep, I packed some stuff for my girls' trip the next day and went to bed fairly early.

Tuesday: David woke me up at 6:30 so that I could get ready. For some reason, Jude decided to get up super early, too. I got ready and fed him and finished getting my stuff together. Aubrey woke up before I left, too, and my mom came over to keep the kids. They weren't too sad to see me go, thankfully. (It would make me SO sad to leave them if they were really upset -- they're usually so excited about playing with someone "new" that they don't even notice. Haha.) I went and picked Sarah Denley and Graves up, and we got on the road about 8:30. The trip was SO easy. We didn't even stop, and Graves was perfect. SD and I had a good time talking (in peace and quiet! VERY rare these days ;), and the time passed quickly. We got a little lost when we got into Memphis, but Ashley was able to help us out :) We were so excited to meet up with Ashley as soon as we got to the hotel! We went ahead and unloaded all of our stuff, and we were able to check in early. We got to our room and got freshened up, and then we walked to lunch. We had fun talking and eating together... just like the old days! :) We walked back to our hotel after lunch and ended up just spending the day there talking and taking pictures.
SD had forgotten Graves's overnight bag, so we needed to make a Target run. We got ready to go and headed to Target. While we were out, we saw a Pottery Barn Outlet, and of course we just HAD to stop :) After getting the essentials at Target for Graves, we went to dinner. Then we made an ice cream run!Ashley and I both said that neither of us are really "ice cream people" in general, but for some reason, we both agreed that we HAVE to have ice cream when we're on "vacation." Funny! The ice cream was delicious! We went back to the hotel after that and stayed up talking until 3AM. Yes, we did.

Wednesday: Thankfully, we were able to sleep in until 10 after out late night. We got up and all got ready and packed all of our stuff up. We checked out a little before noon, and left to go to lunch. We went to a mall somewhere outside of Memphis and ate at this delicious crepe place. Seriously, it was SO GOOD.After lunch, we went to a few little boutique stores, and then we wanted to go to a thrift/antique place. We happened to run into someone that Ashley and Sarah Denley knew, and she was able to tell us about a GREAT antique mall nearby. It worked out SO perfectly, because I found a big girl bed for Aubrey!! I was so excited! The best part is that it's already been painted and distressed, and I got it for what I think is a great price! :) I had a moment of panic when we tried to load it into my car and it almost didn't fit, but we got it in there. By this time, it was late afternoon and time to say our goodbyes and head home. We were sad to say bye to Ashley, but we planned to see each other again soon! SD and I stopped at a McDonalds on our way out of town so that she could feed Graves. We got on the road around 4:30, and the trip home was very smooth, too. Graves was wonderful again and only cried toward the very end. I dropped SD off at home, and then I got home around 8. I was excited to see David, Aubrey, and Jude, and I think they were pretty happy to see me, too :) Especially Jude. I talked to them for a while, and then I put Jude to bed. David unloaded Aubrey's new bed, and she was super excited. It was cute! We just needed to get a mattress. David put Aubrey to bed, and then I talked to him about the trip for a while before going to bed. I was tired after pulling such a late night! ;)

Thursday: Jude woke up fussing at 5:30AM, but I managed to get him to go back to sleep. Sadly, he woke up again at 6:20, and then Aubrey was up at 6:30. Not exactly what I was hoping for :( We just hung out at home all day.

Aubrey has gotten really into puzzles.!

I enjoyed being with the kids after being away from them the previous two days. Jude was pretty fussy and clingy. I think it was partly from me being gone and partly because he's getting a tooth. He took a good morning nap, and then we ate lunch.
Sweet boy getting a bottle.

I bathed Aubrey after lunch, and then it was time for naps for everyone! The kids both went to sleep at the same time (thank God), so I took a nap, too. It was nice! When we were all up from our naps, I put makeup on and straightened up. Then David got home and we talked to him and went to dinner at Cheddar's. After dinner, we went to Target and I got a few things to try for Aubrey's new bed. When we got home, we put the kids to bed and then just had a low-key evening.

Friday: We were up bright and early again. Jude is on a get up at 6:30 kick :(
Aubrey loved listening to David's ipod for a little while before he went to work. Notice her bedhead! ;)

I decided that we were getting out of the house that day! When Jude went down for his nap, I got myself and Aubrey ready. We left to go run errands when Jude woke up. We went to Hobby Lobby to get stuff for Jude's birthday banner. I didn't find everything I need, but I got a few things. We went to lunch at Chick Fil A after that. I didn't know it was dress like a cow day at CFL, so I kind of felt dumb when we showed up in normal clothes. ;) It was a madhouse at CFL, of course. We managed to get in and get lunch, and then we went to Pier 1. I had a credit that was about to expire. I got a pillow for Aubrey's bed. When we got home, I put Jude down for a nap, and he went to sleep easily. Aubrey never went to sleep, but she stayed in her room for a long time talking and playing. I finally got her up, and she colored for a while until Jude got up.

She's been really into coloring lately, too.
"No more pictures, please!"

David came home and played with her for a while, and then I got ready to go to a birthday party. My mom and brothers came over to keep the kids, and David and I went out to eat for a friend's birthday from church with a lot of couples from our Sunday School class. We had fun, and Jude was asleep when we got home, but Aubrey was still awake. David got her to bed, we talked to my family for a while, and then they left. We went to bed not too long after that.

Saturday: David got up with the kids and let me sleep. When I got up, Jude was down for his nap, and I got ready to go run errands. David took Aubrey to go buy a mattress for her new bed, and when Jude woke up, the two of us went shopping to find a birthday outfit for him. We ran all over town, and I didn't find what I was looking for. It was SO HOT, and Jude wasn't real happy to be loaded and unloaded into his carseat multiple times. Poor baby! He had a major meltdown, so we stopped at Target and I fed him lunch. I got some sheets for Aubrey's bed while we were there, and then we went home. David was there, so I put Jude down for a nap, and then went back out. I went to a few more stores and finally found an outfit for Jude's birthday. I felt like I had run all over town all day! When I got back home, Jude had just gotten up. Aubrey was still napping, and when she woke up, we went to her room and set up her new bed. Unfortunately, the box springs we had gotten made the bed way too tall. I knew we were going to need to exchange it for the shorter one. It was already late in the day by this point, though. David had to go to my parents' house, get my dad's truck, come back home, load up the box springs, and then drive to the mattress store all before they closed in less than an hour. I took the kids to dinner while David did all that. Aubrey decided that she needed to go to the bathroom as soon as we got our food. Of course. David called me in the middle of dinner to let me know that he hadn't made it to the store before they closed. Ughhh, just a stressful night. The kids and I went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and TJ Maxx after dinner before going home. David was able to rig Aubrey's bed up without the box springs so that she could sleep in it that night. We had already told her she could, and she was really excited.
I put Jude to bed and then went to Kroger. By the time I got home, I got on the internet for a little while and then was ready for bed after our crazy day!

This is going to be a busy week! I'm going to be trying to get everything ready for Jude's birthday on Saturday. We're having a small, low-key party, but I want it to be special for my sweet baby. I am in denial that's he's almost ONE!

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Awesome pictures! I definitely see an improvement!