Thursday, September 30, 2010

Home Tour: Dining Room Edition (Part I)

Our dining room is definitely the most unfinished room in our house. The other rooms were just higher up on our priority list when we moved in. We have finally started working on it, as of a few weeks ago! Our goal is to have it finished (well, at least painted and furnished) by Thanksgiving, and I am SO excited to get this room put together. It's right off the entryway, so it's one of the first rooms you see when you walk into our house, so it will be great to have it presentable.

Here was our dining room when we first moved in:
And here it is now!Yes, our dining room table is just two card tables pushed together right now. Ha! Not the prettiest, but it does work when we have people over. David and I are actually planning on going shopping for a dining room table this weekend! We are looking for a table that seats 8 or 10. I would love parson chairs at the head of the table, and maybe all of them. It will just depend on what we see that we like.I recently got this antique sideboard, and I love it in this space. It's a little banged up, so we will probably work on it a little bit, but I'm so happy with this purchase!We already had the mirror, and I'm planning on getting two blue double gourd lamps for the buffet.This rug is also another recent purchase. I love the colors in the rug, and I'm going to paint the walls the rust/paprika color that's in the rug.Of course we will also need window treatments and art for the walls at some point.After we get our table and chairs, paint the walls, and accessorize, I think this room will be perfect for hosting family and friends! We can't wait! I will be sure to show pictures of the finished product when we get to that point! :)

Thanks for stopping by and touring our WORK IN PROGRESS dining room! :)

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi, I'm coming to you from Kellys Korner and your dining room is off to a great start!! I really love your floors in that room!! Good luck with finding a table and chairs!!!

Heather said...

Your dining room is so pretty! I love everything that you have done so far! The floors and the rug are gorgeous!

Marla said...

Looks like you have a beautiful room to start with, you'll have to post more when its done!

3LittleByrds said...

I love your rug. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ryan V. said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Kelly's Korner. I love the floors in that room! I really like the rug as well. Looks like a really nice place to host a dinner party. :)