Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week In Review: A Good, Low-Key Week

So, I didn't do a good job of keeping up with this post daily like I usually do, so this might be short and sweet ;) We had a much better week than we did last week, thankfully!

Sunday: We went to church and Sunday School. After we left, we met David's parents for lunch at Char. It was good, but Aubrey acted AWFUL! She was just exhausted and in a terrible mood. David and I each had to take her out for a spanking she was being so bad. We've decided that Sunday lunch just isn't a good time for Aubrey to do things because, by the time we get out of church and get where we're going, it's her naptime and she is a grump. Oh well. Jude slept through the whole lunch at least! Aubrey went right down for her nap when we got home. I took a nap too, and I was planning on getting up early to bake some cookies to take to church that night, but my alarm didn't go off, and I overslept. I still managed to make the cookies, but it was a mad rush! We went back to church that night and stayed for a fellowship time afterward.

Monday: Aubrey slept in, and I was so appreciative! After we got up, we got ready and met Rebekkah and Carver for lunch. We had lots of fun! After lunch, I did something I've never done before: I took both kids to the grocery store! I know that really isn't a big deal, but I was proud of myself! They both did just fine. We only got a few things though, because Jude's infant seat takes up pretty much the entire grocery cart. When we got home, I put Aubrey and Jude down for naps and started cleaning the house. I was hosting book club the next night, and our house was pretty messy! I also got started cooking a dessert for book club. After the kids woke up, we went to karate. It was our day to just meet David there. During karate, we went to Wal-Mart with my mom and brother. When we got back to church, karate was over and we went home. After Aubrey went to bed and I fed Jude, I met Rebekkah to run. She was leaving the next day to go out of town, so this was our only chance to run together this week. We were both planning on running by ourselves while she was gone. I don't know about her, but I did not do it! :/ Oh well.

Tuesday: We got up early and got ready for Bible Study. A lady from our church spoke on depression. I really enjoyed hearing her share her story. We didn't stay for lunch after Bible Study like we usually do because I had a lot to get done at home. While the kids napped, I cleaned and finished cooking my desserts. I made Lemon Mousse and Peanut Butter Pie. Usually when we have people over, I get really stressed out, but I wasn't stressed this time. Hopefully that means I'm getting used to it! :) David came home and helped me finish a few things up, and then he took the kids to Mazzios for dinner. My book club friends came over, and we discussed the book The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas. We had a good discussion. David and the kids got home in the middle of book club, but they just hung out upstairs. After my friends left, David and I got the kids to bed and hung out and talked.

Wednesday: We had a pretty uneventful day. For some reason, Aubrey was super fussy though. And when Aubrey wasn't fussing, Jude was. Ugh, long day. Aubrey had an awful diaper rash that she had had for several days. It wasn't getting better, and it was causing her LOTS of discomfort. I ended up calling her doctor, and they called in a prescription for her. We went to Target to pick it up after lunch. I honestly don't even remember what else we did all day! Haha. I don't think Jude would ever take a good nap. When David got home, we went to church. That was nice to get out of the house. I was sort of planning on going running that evening after we got home, but it didn't happen!

Thursday: Aubrey woke up in a MUCH better mood than she had been in the day before. It was one of those days where everything is just very pleasant. Nothing spectacular happened, but I was just happy to be home all day with my sweet children. Sometimes it's easy to focus in on the hard, fussy days, but then a day like this one will come along and remind me why I love what I do so much. Jude was sweet and Aubrey just said and did the cutest things all day. It was just an enjoyable day. After naptime, we met Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton for ice cream. That was a fun little treat! We had lots of fun catching up with our friends. My mom wasn't going to be at karate that night; she and my dad had a banquet to go to. So the kids and I just stayed home. By the time David got home that night, he had been gone from 5:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Whew! Good thing the kids were good that day! :)

Friday: This was another low-key day. We didn't leave the house until after David got home. I did some laundry and straightening up. Aubrey took a good nap. Jude never went for a long stretch sleeping though. I kept having to go rock him/give him his paci. When David got home, we met my mom for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. My dad and brothers were going hunting that night. After dinner, we went shopping at TJ Maxx. We headed home after that. I fed Jude and watched Say Yes to the Dress. Again, no running for me :( I did do a workout DVD that afternoon though!

Saturday: I got up and started getting ready earlier than usual for a Saturday. David was going to help some friends hang a chandelier, so I wanted to get a head start on the day before he left. After David left, the kids and I met my mom and grandmother to shop. We went to a few stores and then ate lunch. David met us after he finished hanging the chandelier. We then spent the rest of the day furniture shopping. We did end up finding and ordering a dining room table! I'm excited about it! I had fun shopping with David, and Aubrey was great considering she skipped her nap. Jude was good too. I had to feed him twice while we were out. We grabbed a quick dinner after we found our table and then headed home. I went to the grocery store and then came home and cooked our lunch for the next day (today). We ended up getting to bed pretty late, unfortunately.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see your dining room! I miss you and SD so much. Lots of love!