Monday, August 9, 2010

Week in Review: Better Late Than Never

These posts are getting later and later. I usually try to type them out day by day all week, but I haven't been doing that since Jude was born. So then I have to do them all at once, and I can't even remember what we did each day! Jude has awake/fussy time every night from about 9:00-11:30, which is usually when I blog, so that's made it a little more difficult to find time to blog. Here it is, anyway, several days late (and not very detailed):

Sunday: We decided to take Jude to church for the first time! I hate missing church, and I was so happy to be back after missing for several weeks. It was fun to introduce Jude to everyone. He did great! David was doing sound that morning in the service, so Jude and I sat in the balcony with him away from everyone else. (Our church is really big, so no one sits in the balcony.) We came home after Sunday School and ate lunch. I took a much needed nap that afternoon while Aubrey napped and Jude slept in his swing. Some friends from church came over later that afternoon to bring us dinner. We went back to church that evening.

Monday: We had a very low-key day at home. Aubrey got up early, and that set the tone for the rest of the week too -- it was an early to rise week, but I'm hoping she will change things up this week! Not really counting on it though. Haha. I did some laundry and took care of the sweet babies. Pretty much all I accomplished, but that's enough, right?! :) We went to karate that evening with David. While karate was going on, my mom, Aubrey, Jude, and I went to Lifeway so I could buy a book. We came home and ate leftovers. I was so tired by then and went to bed early!

Tuesday: More of the same. I needed to go to the grocery store, but wasn't brave enough to take Aubrey and Jude. Instead, we drove through Wendy's and got lunch. Ha! So healthy! Aubrey loved her cheeseburger though, and that's saying something because she has been super picky lately. After lunch was naptime. I was trying to clean up during naptime while Aubrey and Jude were both sleeping. Aubrey woke up after only an hour though. I knew that wasn't enough sleep, and I hadn't gotten all of my cleaning done, so I went up and told her it wasn't time to get up and I would come get her when naptime was over. She spent about 30 minutes yelling, "Mama, Aubey OUT!" She wasn't crying though, so I just left her. Right as I was about to go get her, she got quiet and ended up sleeping for 2 more hours. I was shocked! I was able to get more done, and she woke up rested and happy, so it was a win-win situation! That night, I had Bunco. It was at Rebekkah's house, and she doesn't live far from me, so I decided to go. I left David with a bottle I had pumped for Jude. This was going to be his first time to have a bottle, so I was a little worried about how it would go. I told him to call me if Jude wouldn't take it, and I would come home. Thankfully, he took it fine, so I was able to enjoy my first night out! I didn't win anything this time, but I had lots of fun! David did great with both of the kids by himself. He said it definitely wasn't easy though. Hehe.

Wednesday: We stayed home again. There isn't a lot to do with a newborn and a toddler in 100+ degree heat, so we are sticking close to home these days. Our day consisted of feedings, diaper changes, and naps. We stayed home that night too. That was our last Wednesday night at home before church starts back. I ran to Babies R Us and picked up Newk's for dinner.

Thursday: I had a hair appointment at 11, so my family came over to watch Aubrey and Jude for me. I left a bottle for Jude, and he did great. I enjoyed getting out of the house by myself for a while :) Aubrey was napping when I got home, and she ended up sleeping for a long time. Sarah Denley and Ann Peyton came over that afternoon to bring us dinner. They stayed for a while and hung out with me and Jude. Aubrey was asleep the whole time, and she was sad she missed seeing her little friend. It was so nice to catch up with SD! I have missed hanging out with my friends! We went to karate that evening. My mom was keeping 2 little girls at church that night, so I left Aubrey and Jude with her and ran a couple of errands during karate.

Friday: We got out for our first lunch out since Jude was born! We met Rebekkah and Carver at Beagle Bagel. It actually went pretty smoothly. Aubrey got a little restless towards the end, and I had to give Jude a bottle, but Rebekkah helped me a lot. She pretty much took care of Aubrey while I was feeding Jude. We had fun and were so happy to get out of the house! We came home in time for Aubrey's nap. I can't even remember what I did during naptime, but I probably wasn't overly productive. Haha. Oh yeah, I remember that Jude was super fussy, so I spent a lot of time bouncing/comforting him. I think he just isn't used to taking a bottle yet, and he had a little tummy ache. Poor baby. When David got home, we went to eat Mexican for dinner. We then went to Target.

Saturday: I was SO tired when Jude woke up at 8. I was really hoping I could feed him and he would go back to sleep, but he wasn't having it. Thankfully, David was already up with Aubrey, so he took Jude too and I was able to go back to sleep until 10:45. SO NICE! Once I got up, I got myself and Jude ready and we went shopping with my mom and grandmother for a while. Jude did great -- he slept in his stroller the whole time. I had to feed him in a dressing room before we left, but his first shopping experience was a success! I came home, and we got ready to meet David's parents for dinner. We ate at Bonefish -- yum! After dinner we came home and put Aubrey to bed. After she was asleep, I left Jude with David and went to Kroger.

This week I'm going to do a better job of staying on top of my week in review post! Hopefully I can post it on time again. :)


The Niemeyer Nest said...

I am impressed Carrie! It sounds like you are getting out some by yourself which helps keep the mommy meltdowns to a minimum! I love your posts because I am trying to get motivated to have another one!!!

Ashley said...

I agree, I'm super impressed! Getting out and about with one can be a challenge, but two!? You're awesome!