Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hey, Baby

Yesterday Aubrey and I were in Target. She was in the buggy, and I was looking at something and not really paying attention to what she was saying. Then I noticed she kept saying "baby" and pointing. I looked at the "baby" she was pointing to, and it was a little boy who looked like he was around 4 or so.

The little boy noticed that he was being called a "baby" and he did not like that one bit. He started saying loudly, "Mommy, that little girl is calling me a BABY! I'm not a baby am I, Mommy?! Tell that little girl I'm not a baby!" The louder he got, the louder Aubrey insisted that he was indeed a baby. I finally decided it would be best if Aubrey and I went and looked somewhere else for the time being.

As we strolled away, I heard the little boy say, "Mommy, I'm not a baby. I'm a big boy, right?" To which his mom replied, "Well, why don't you act like one?" She looked at me and rolled her eyes as she said this. Hahaha.

I couldn't help but think that I'm sure we'll be on the opposite side of this in no time at all.

A few minutes later, we passed a little girl about the same age, and Aubrey pointed at her and said "Aubrey." Hehe.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is hilarious!!! Tormenting boys already!

Christy said...

Too funny!

Layton (who is 4) JUST had the same conversation with me. Calling a 4 year old little boy a baby is a HUGE deal to them. Aubrey knew just how to press his buttons ;)