Thursday, April 15, 2010

All in a day's work

I've had a pretty crazy day so far. Aubrey woke up crying at 5:45 this morning. David had already left for an early morning Bible Study, so I was on my own. I put her in the bed with me, and we both dozed (very) fitfully for a few hours. When she woke up, she was fussy and burning up. I checked her temp and it was 103.5!! She has never had a temperature that high, so I called the doctor and got her an appointment. She's still on an antibiotic, so I figured it was something viral, but I wanted to be safe and make sure.

So, I was trying to get ready while holding Aubrey. She was extremely clingy, and we were out of Tylenol, so I couldn't even give her anything for her fever :( I don't think I've mentioned that our upstairs air conditioner isn't working. We have been trying to get someone to come fix it for a couple of days, but he hasn't shown up yet. You may remember that our heater was broken in January, and we had tons of trouble getting it fixed. This guy had to come out here like 8 times and was a minimum of two hours late every time he came. Well, we're having to go through our home warranty company, so we got assigned this same guy for our air. Ughhh! So anyway, he was supposed to come yesterday, but was a no show. So he was coming today, and David told him I had to take our child to the doctor in 30 minutes, but supposedly he was going to be there in "5 minutes" and it would only take him a minute to look at it. When he showed up 15 minutes later, I figured there was no way I would be able to leave in 15 minutes to get to the doctor. He checked our air all out, and guess what he said?? It's working fine! Ugh. We turned it off on Monday when it wasn't cooling, and now apparently it's cooling. He said it would probably stop again, and he would have to come back when it's not working. So that means we get to go through all this again. Yipee.

I was loading Aubrey up, and was going to put our dog in the backyard really quickly, but he took off. He would not stop and listen to me, so I had to chase him down. Grrr. I finally got him in the backyard and left for our 10:30 appointment at 10:25.

So, after all that stress to get out the door, I found out that Aubrey does indeed have a virus. She got a blood test, and her blood count was fine. She didn't even cry for her finger prick even though 3 big kids went before her and they wailed. I was so proud of her! We are giving her medicine for her fever and hoping this passes quickly. We've been sick enough lately. I've noticed that sickness likes to kick Aubrey while she is down. We'll have to take her to the doctor several times in a short period and then she'll stay well for several months. I'm just thankful I've managed to stay well through all this. Praying that continues!


Courtney said...

What a crazy day. Hope she is feeling better soon!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

Oh no,it sounds like you have had a day! Hope tomorrow is better.