Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gender Revealed

Wow, it's been a long, wonderful day! David and I went to the doctor this morning for our big ultrasound. I am SO happy to report that the baby looked completely healthy!! They said there were no red flags at all, and my doctor told me to put the chicken pox vaccine out of my mind once and for all. The baby is measuring right on track and all the little organs look good. We are so thankful to God for another healthy baby. Truly, we didn't even care what the gender is as long as the baby is healthy. We know what a huge blessing this is, and it's not something we're taking for granted.

We did also find out the baby's gender though. Anyone curious?? We had a little reveal party tonight for our families to all find out the gender together. It was really fun, and everyone was so anxious to hear the news. We had pink and blue balloons that said "It's a girl!" and "It's a boy!" When we were ready to reveal the gender, David and I each got a balloon. We told everyone that one of us was going to pop our balloon and the balloon left un-popped was the baby's gender. David took the blue one since he was guessing boy and I got the pink one since I was going with girl. We counted to three... and did nothing. Ha! Just a little joke. We counted to three again, and one of us popped our balloon.

Are you ready to see who popped their balloon?!













That's right, it's a BOY!!

Ahhh, I was so surprised and thrilled! We are so excited that Aubrey is going to have a little brother! The lady doing our sonogram said there was NO question about this baby's gender -- definitely a boy! Haha.

We got some super cute pictures. We'll post them soon! :)

8 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! So exciting!!!

Ashley said...

YAY!!!!!!

I was so thrilled to hear the news today. I can't wait to hear the name choice when you decide!

Nathalie said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting!!! :)

The Brokaws said...

So exciting!!!

Jennifer said...

One of each - how fun! Congrats!

Courtney said...

What a fun way to reveal the gender. Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

AHHH! So excited for y'all!!!!!! I'm just sitting here at my desk grinning from ear to ear!

"The Mrs." said...

I found your blog through Ashley Lancaster, so exciting to hear you are having a boy! I am expecting twin boys the end of June!