Friday, September 11, 2009

The Show Must Go On...

Aubrey ended up waking up at 5:00 this morning with fever. So I had her doctors appointment switched from Monday to today. Her doctor said it was probably the flu. Thankfully, it isn't. It's a double ear infection. Her doctor took one look in her ears and she said could understand why Aubrey was fussy! Poor, poor baby. We got an antibiotic, so hopefully she'll start feeling better soon.

We are still having her party for those who want to brave the sick house. Haha. I think it will just end up being smaller than we expected, but that's ok. I'm sad things worked out this way -- I hate that she's not going to feel great for her first birthday. But I'm just feeling so thankful for my sweet girl, and we're going to celebrate her little life tomorrow and just be thankful. My house is not going to be as clean as I would like -- holding my sick baby has been my priority this week instead of cleaning. And you know what?? It's ok that things aren't going to be perfect. I just could not be more thankful to God for my sweet little Aubrey-Belle and her first year of life :o)

No comments: