Thursday, September 10, 2009

At Last!

Well, guess what finally decided to put in an appearance in Aubrey's mouth?? A TOOTH!! That's right, we officially have our first tooth coming in just in time for our first birthday! I don't have photographic evidence yet, so you're just going to have to take my word for it ;o) At this point, there isn't much to see -- just a red, swollen gum with a little white tip sticking up. How exciting!

Speaking of the birthday girl, she's been a little under the weather :( Just a runny nose and a little cough. No fever. I'm pretty sure it's just a common cold. She has her one year appointment with her pediatrician on Monday, but I think I'm going to try to switch it to tomorrow just to make sure she's ok for the birthday party. Wouldn't it just be so sad if she was really sick for her birthday?! Since she hasn't had fever I'm hoping she's fine. The stuffy nose has been making it hard for her to sleep the past several nights. Last night she slept great though, so hopefully that will be the case tonight as well :o) She's been refusing to take her naps in her bed, and I can't just let her cry since the poor baby is so stopped up. So what's a mom to do?? Rock her to sleep and spend the next two hours holding her and cuddling her while she sleeps of course! I've enjoyed that part since Aubrey is NOT a cuddly baby! If you think about her, please pray that she feels all better for her birthday! Thanks! :o)

3 comments:

Paige said...

I bet she will feel better soon- all the symptoms you are describing seem like the typical i am getting a tooth kinda yuckies! can't wait to see birthday pics!!

Jennifer said...

Hope Aubrey feels better for her birthday. It would be sad to be sick at your party. I have been thinking about cake all week - need to get a cupcake so I can move on to other things. Can't wait to read about the big party!

Ashley said...

Yay!! How exciting!! I really hope Aubrey (and I!) are well for the party---what a big girl!