Tuesday, July 14, 2009

5 years

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of my first date with Carrie. It's funny to look back at that beginning knowing what has come later. I picked her up at her parents house, and now we have a house of our own. I was so nervous around her, and now I'm so comfortable with her. There were awkward silences as we rode in the car, and now we can talk about anything. We went to the Wednesday night supper at First Pres, and now we're both members of Trinity. There have been a lot of great memories for me over the last 5 years as we've gotten to know each other and celebrated birthdays and holidays together. We got engaged after almost 2 years and got married 9 months later. We got a house and a dog and now have a baby. We've had wonderful vacations and wonderful times right at home. Praise the Lord for Carrie and for the last 5 years.

I look forward to what the next 5 will bring.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So sweet!

Carrie said...

Aww, sweet post! :o)

The Williams Family said...

I'm so thankful that you are part of our family. I was going through some old pictures on Monday and it was neat to see the ones of you and Carrie over the last 5 years. You sure have changed!!