Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

We're having a nice, lazy day around here :o) David is off, and Aubrey and I are enjoying having him home! We cooked breakfast together, and now we're playing with Aubrey and just hanging out. We're going to my parents' house for dinner later. In a little while, we're going to give Aubrey a banana. This may sound like no big deal, but I'm not talking about baby food, guys. I mean a real live banana!! I've been thinking it's about time to start introducing her to table food. I've heard if you wait too long, they may reject new textures. Apparently, it's hard to teach an "old baby" new tricks -- haha! Anyway, I've been terrified to give her anything with texture because I am so scared she's going to choke. So I thought today would be the perfect opportunity since David is home. I'm thinking I may take an infant CPR class. I'm serious (I'm a bit of a worrier if you didn't pick up on that already). Aubrey loves her baby food bananas, so we'll see how this goes :o) I'll probably mash them up pretty good.


This morning Aubrey was babbling like crazy. She's become very vocal. I think she's going to be an early talker! I said, "Aubrey, say Mama." And she did!! She's said "ma ma" before but never on command! It was so precious! It might have been a coincidence, but it was exciting just the same.


We had lunch with Aubrey's grandparents (David's parents) the other day. Dee Dee took these sweet pictures -- Look at how sweet and happy Aubrey is. She's just so much fun, and I love her to pieces :o)



No comments: