Thursday, August 21, 2008

Six random facts about me...

I was tagged by Ashley to give 6 random facts about myself.

Here are the rules of the game...
1. Link to the person who ‘tagged’ you!
2. Post the rules on your blog!
3. List 6 random facts about yourself!
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post!
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by commenting on their blog!
6. Let the tagger know the entry is posted on your blog!

I can't really think of anything interesting about myself, so I apologize if this is extremely boring!

1. I am DEATHLY afraid of roaches. I'm talking abnormally afraid. I'm the person who would jump through a window to get away from one. One time when I was growing up, I saw a roach in my bedroom. Of course I screamed and had a panic attack, and it ran into my closet. My dad and brothers spent a long time looking for it, but never could find it. For weeks afterwards, I slept on the couch. When I had to go into my room to get clothes and such, I made someone go with me and was a nervous wreck the whole time. Yeah, it's bad.

2. I absolutely LOVE the Anne of Green Gables books. I've read them all probably 6 or 7 times. My middle name is Ann, but it's spelled without an "e." That's a little disappointing. I'm kind of hoping Aubrey has red hair, but I'm not counting on it.

3. I met David at karate. My dad teaches shotokan karate at our church as an outreach, and that's where we met. When asked how we met though, I usually say "At church." David always says "At karate." My mom and I actually started taking karate ourselves when David and I were in that weird "I think he might like me but I'm not sure" stage. I didn't admit that was why I was taking it, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to get to know him. My mom and I actually stuck around long enough to get our yellow belt. If you know us, you know that we are NOT athletic at all, so this was big. I quit shortly after David and I got engaged. Mission accomplished. :)

4. I love to travel, but haven't done much of it. My family just never did the family vacation thing. We did other stuff together, we just weren't big travelers. I actually flew on a plane for the first time in 2004 when I went to Wyoming with David. We would love to travel more, and I hope to be able to go on lots of family vacations when our kids are old enough. We planned to travel a little more before we had a baby, but it just didn't work out like that. David has literally been all over the world, so I'll live vicariously though him until we get a chance to travel more.

5. I come across as really shy at first, but I don't consider myself a shy person. When I meet people for the first time, I don't say a lot mainly because I'm just not great at small talk. It's not that I'm shy, I just don't really know what to say. I don't know, maybe this means I am shy... but that's not how I see myself. I think it's just that I'm not good at surface relationships. I like my friendships to go deeper than small talk. But I know that pretty much every relationship has to start with small talk. Anyway, I really don't think I'm shy. I can be very opinionated, and I don't mind sharing my opinion. :)

6. I am ready for Aubrey to be here!! I'm sure that's no secret though! :) I can't wait to hold her and see her. I also can't wait to have my body back, as selfish as that may sound. I'm ready to be thin again! I'm praying for patience though. Less than 4 weeks!

Now I'm supposed to tag 6 people, but most of the people who I know read my blog don't blog themselves. So... if you're reading this and you blog, consider yourself tagged! Katie, you blog. So, tag!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Just curious, where did you go on your honeymoon?

I am cracking up about karate. That sounds exactly like something I would do.

Also, I know you're not shy :o)

KTElltt said...

ok. i'm gonna have to think about this...