Monday, June 2, 2008

We're back!

We got home from our trip to the beach on Saturday afternoon. We had a really fun time. It was very relaxing, and we had beautiful weather. I didn't get much sun, sadly. I laid out a lot, but just didn't seem to get any darker. I'm very fair skinned and don't tan easily, but usually I get a little more than I did this year. It's probably because I was very responsible about putting sunscreen on often. I figured I have to be responsible now that I'm a mother :) Laying on my stomach was a bit tricky. I ended up digging a hole in the sand for my stomach and putting my towel over the hole. This was not very comfortable at all though. So, I'm a little darker on my front side than I am on my backside. Oh well.

We had a great time, but it's always nice to be back in your own space and back to your routine. And after living with my brothers for a week, David and I are enjoying our peace and quiet! ;-) We took Knightly to his class when we got back on Saturday and... it was cancelled. Apparently there was a miscommunication. We told the teacher lady that we would be out of town Memorial Day weekend, and she said she bet a lot of people would be traveling that weekend so she would just cancel it and we would start the next week. Which would have been this past Saturday. Or so we thought. It turns out the lady though we meant the weekend at the END of the week of Memorial Day. Since when is the weekend after Memorial Day Memorial Day weekend? Whatever. We live close to Pets Mart, so it wasn't a big deal. We walked Knightly around the store to practice his commands with distractions. He got really excited and used the bathroom in the store THREE TIMES! One of those times was on David's foot. Crazy dog.

We have Vacation Bible School at our church this week. I'm the nursery director, and it was a long, tiring day. I'm not complaining - it was a good day. I came home and took a nap though! And it's just Monday!

The pregnancy is still going well. I'm 25 weeks today. Crazy how time flies. I've been having some back and rib pain lately. I've read that both are normal. The rib pain is especially annoying. I read that your ribs have to expand to make room for the extra organs that are crammed up there now. Lovely, right? I consider myself very blessed though. If this is the worst complaint I have, I think I'm way better off than some.

So there's a little update on the happenings in our life. I'll end with a few pictures from our trip for those of you who haven't already seen them on my facebook.


2 comments:

KTElltt said...

WHAT?!?!?! No pics of you in a swimsuit? Fraidy cat! Kidding. You look wonderful as usual. At least Addie's home with me right now so you have one less kid in the nursery. Sounds like Knightly is good prep for a tinkling toddler! Hehehe. Okay. Kidding again. Toddlers usually don't go on your feet!

Rebecca said...

I love the pictures! You look so beautiful!