Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekly Highlights

Well, last week was fun. Just a normal week. Oh, and we bought a house. No big deal. ;)

Sunday was a normal day of church, Sunday school, lunch at home, naps, and church again. We went to Jason's Deli for dinner.

Aubrey was out of school this week because they were doing testing for the older kids, so we didn't have to rush her to school on Monday morning. I did have an appointment to go to the chiropractor, so David stayed home with the kids while I went. This was my first time to go, and for some reason, I was super nervous. It went really well, though! The doctor was SO nice and really set me at ease. The adjustment wasn't bad at all, and I felt great afterwards. I'll definitely be going back :) The rest of our day was pretty low-key. That evening, I cooked dinner, and then we watched Dancing with the Stars until David got home and it was bedtime for the kiddos.

We didn't have Bible Study on Tuesday. We have such a tiny group right now that if one or two people have to miss, we usually just cancel. Aubrey still had Spanish, though, so we got up and got ready. We swung by Aubrey's school and picked up our little friend, Macy, for Spanish (her brother was testing). I dropped them off, and then Jude, Alaina, and I went to Barnes and Noble to kill an hour. I had coffee and my kids were entertained. Win!
We picked Aubrey and Macy up and took Macy back to the school.
Aubrey got this tattoo at Spanish and was super proud. Haha!
Then we came home for lunch and naps. I cooked dinner for David and the kids that evening, and then I left for book club. We met at Whole Foods (love that place!) and had a super fun time, as always. We discussed The Husband's Secret. It wasn't the best book ever, but it was a page turner and led to some good discussion.

Wednesday was the big day! We were closing on our new house. My mom came over that morning to keep the kids while I met David at our attorney's office. We signed some papers and got our keys, then I headed home. It was actually fairly anticlimactic. Haha. My mom left, and the kids and I watched some Pioneer Woman episodes on the computer before naptime. David came home that afternoon, and we went to church. While the kids were in the nursery, David and I actually left to run by his office (he had to lock a door) and then we stopped by our new house. They had built a deck in the backyard, and I wanted to see it.
We picked the kids up from the nursery and headed home.

We had a showing on Thursday afternoon, and our house was pretty messy, so I spent the day preparing for that.
Aubrey figured out how to use the camera on my phone, so my camera roll is now full of little jewels like this one ;)
I also went ahead and cooked dinner so that it would be ready when we got home. We were running a little late for tutoring, but we made it. After it was over, the kids and I took my friend Megan and her three girls to see our new house :) It was so much fun showing it to our friends. We can't wait to have friends over when we're actually living there :) When we left, it was getting pretty late, so we headed straight home. David got there the same time as us. We ate dinner, bathed the kids, and put them to bed.

I really wanted to give the new house a good cleaning before we started moving stuff in, so the kids and I headed over there on Friday morning to get to work. My mom met us there to help. I took our laptop and got the kids set up with a movie. We worked for about 2 hours, but we didn't get a ton done. I kept having to stop to check on the kids (mostly Alaina... she isn't into movies), so it was just slow going. We did make a dent, though :) The kids got hungry after two hours, so we stopped. We went to McAlister's for lunch with my mom. I put the kids down for a nap when we got home. That evening, David and the kids and I went to dinner at Newk's. We then made a Target run. We put the kids to bed and David and I watched Sherlock. I'm kind of obsessed with that show and sad that we only have two episodes left to watch. Haha!

Saturday morning, David took the kids to the Famer's Market, and I got up and made a grocery list and ran to Kroger. When I got home, we got lunch going for the kids, and then David's mom came over to watch them while David and I went to the new house. We took some things over there, and then I was able to really clean. I got SO much more done without the kids there. I couldn't get our mop to work, so I ended up cleaning the floor with a rag on my hands and knees. It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds. It was pretty mindless and very gratifying to see the before and after :)
David and I even brought a couple pieces of furniture to the new house! So exciting! I realized that the trim in our new house is MUCH whiter than the trim in our current house, so all of our creamy furniture is going to need a paint job ASAP. It doesn't even look as bad in this picture as it really does. In person, the hutch looks straight up YELLOW.
We headed home around 5 to relieve David's mom :) We grabbed dinner at Corner Bakery, and then we bathed the kids and put them to bed. Busy day!


Whitney said...

My book club just read The Husband's Secret and I can't wait to discuss it. I thought it was really good! What do you use to clean your hardwood floors? I alternate between two products but am always paranoid I'll mess them up. And I do a lot of them by hand. It's the only way to get the floor under our table clean :/

Sarah Denley said...

Girl, you know I love scrubbing on my hands and knees. I mean it's miserable, but I swear it gets them so clean. It does help that our kitchen now is like MAYBE 12 x 12. Ha!