Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekly Highlights

Last week was another good week! We had a few fun things going on and a birthday to celebrate!

On Sunday, we had church and Sunday School like usual. When we got home, David took the kids outside to play while I cooked lunch.
That afternoon, after naps, we went back to church. We had fellowship and snack time after church.

Aubrey had school on Monday. I got up, threw on clothes, and took her to school without showering first. I felt gross. Haha! When we got home, I took a shower and got myself ready, and then my mom came over to watch Jude and Alaina while I went to volunteer. After I finished, I grabbed lunch at McAlister's, and then I ran an errand before picking Aubrey up. When we got home, we visited with my mom for a while before she had to go home. I cooked dinner while the kids watched a movie.
Snuggled up together on the couch :)
After dinner, we watched some Dancing with the Stars, and when David got home we put the kids to bed.

We had Bible Study on Tuesday. It was a small group, but it was good! When we got home, it was lunch and then naptime. We had a low-key afternoon and evening at home. We did Aubrey's school that afternoon since we had been in a hurry to get out the door that morning. I cooked dinner that evening, we played outside some, and we gave the kids baths.

I took Aubrey to school again on Wednesday, but this time I got up early enough to get myself ready first :) The little kids and I came home for a little while, and then we met Sarah Denley and Graves for lunch at Mellow Mushroom. We had fun! There wasn't much time between lunch and school pick up, but we came home for a few minutes. I guess that's one perk to living in the same neighborhood as Aubrey's school ;) Once we picked her up and came home, I put the kids down for a rest. We went to church that evening and had a nice time.
Someone enjoyed Uncle Michael's dessert :)
Thursday, we had an uneventful morning at home. Aubrey and Jude both did school and did really well, so that was nice. We made a Kroger run before lunch, and then I fed the kids and got them down for their rest time. I cooked some rice and beans and cut up some fruit while they rested. We left for tutoring as soon as the kids got up. After tutoring, my friend Megan and I took a meal to our friend, Missy. We had a nice time visiting in the car kid-free (we had left our kids at church) :) As soon as we got back to church, David finished teaching karate, and we loaded up our kids (my brothers had been watching them), and came home. I cooked dinner, we ate, bathed the kids, and put them to bed.

We didn't have any plans on Friday, so we stayed home all day. Jude slept late, so I was able to do Aubrey's school with her before he even woke up! I cleaned the house after Jude got up. David is in the process of ripping out our old kitchen countertops (the new ones are coming this week!), so there is a layer of dust on EVERYTHING. There isn't a whole lot I can do about it at this point, but I cleaned the best I could.
While the kids napped, I got myself ready. David got home early (he took and passed a test to get his real estate broker's license) and worked on the countertops some more. That evening, we went to dinner at David's parents' house to celebrate his birthday a day early!
Peek-a-boo!
Sweet girl was just chillin' in the baby doll stroller. I LOVE her facial expression!
David's parents had invited some friends over too, and we had a fun time! When we got home, we put the kids to bed, and I read for a while before bed.

Saturday was David's birthday!! We all got up that morning and went to breakfast together. It was fun :)
This girl is our eater! Yummy pancakes!
That afternoon, David worked on the countertops a bit, bathed the kids, and I made a grocery list and went to Kroger.
I did walk outside and see this. Daddy is so much more fun than Mommy!
We got the kids down for naps and got ourselves ready for a date! My mom came to keep the kids that afternoon, and David and I went out for his birthday. We wanted to see a movie, but there was NOTHING playing that we were interested in. Boo! Instead, we went to Lowe's and picked out a new faucet. Ha! Then we walked around the mall to kill time before dinner.
We found the perfect shirt for the birthday boy. Haha!
We ate dinner at Shapley's, and it was delish! After dinner, we got ice cream at Coldstone, and then we walked around another mall. Haha! We headed home after that. It was a fun night! My mom had the kids in bed, and they had had fun, too. David watched the end of the Auburn game, and then we went to bed.

No comments: