Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekly Highlights

We had a fun, busy week last week! Here's what we were up to:

We went to church and Sunday School on Sunday morning.
Aubrey painted these sheep in children's church that morning. I LOVE this picture!
Aubrey mentioned that her stomach was hurting that morning, but she was otherwise acting normal, so we didn't think much of it. Well, as soon as we got home from church, she promptly threw up :( She was sick several more times over the course of the day. Since David deals with that kind of sickness MUCH better than I do, he stayed home from church with Aubrey that night. He also kept Alaina home so that she could eat dinner and go to bed on time. Jude and I went to church. After church, we went to dinner at Newk's with my family. Thankfully, Aubrey was feeling better already by the time we got home.

We laid low all day on Monday and let Aubrey have time to recover. She was sad to miss school, especially since she felt 100% better by that morning. It amazes me how quickly kids bounce back after having the stomach bug. We played outside some, and I got a few things done around the house.
I took my eyes off of Jude for 2 minutes and he painted his nails. Thankfully, it was the kind of fingernail polish that wipes off with water.
That evening, I cooked dinner and bathed the kids. I was feeling stir crazy, so we drove to Sonic for a tea :) It was nice to get out for 10 minutes. We watched Dancing with the Stars that evening.

Everyone seemed fine on Tuesday morning, so we went to Bible study. Unfortunately, we didn't last long. As soon as we walked in the building, Jude said his stomach hurt. Fearing that he was about to fall prey to the stomach bug, we rushed right back home. He was fine by the time we got home and never got sick or complained about his stomach again. Crazy boy! I was kind of frustrated (not with Jude -- just that we had rushed to get ready and get out the door and spent an hour in the car round trip for nothing) and stressed when we got home. I was just kind of in a funk. We ate lunch, and then we went outside and watched the rain for a long time. That improved my mood :)
We had a lovely lake in our backyard ;)
That evening, I had book club. We met at Newk's and had a lot of fun! We had read The Cuckoo's Calling, and it was good! It was definitely a page turner, and I got really into it, but it had a TON of language in it, which I'm not a fan of. Still a good read, though!

Aubrey was back to school on Wednesday! I had a Home Room Mom meeting at her school that morning right after drop off. I had Jude and Alaina with me, and that went about as well as I expected it to (in other words, not very well). The meeting was long, and the babies got really restless. After a while, I just felt like they were a distraction, so we left early. We went home for a short while, and then we met my friend Gray at Beagle Bagel for lunch. It was so much fun! I LOVE catching up with her :) We went home again for a short while, and then it was time to pick Aubrey up. When we got home, I put all of the kids down for a late nap. We had to wake them up for church that evening.

Thursday, the kids all surprised me by sleeping until 8:30! Such a nice start to the day :) We had a low-key morning at home. We played outside for a long time, and then I bathed the kids because they were all muddy.
That's some serious bedhead, Alaina!
We ate lunch, and the kids napped. I got ready while they were resting. David and I were going to a Bethany banquet that night, so I didn't go to tutoring that afternoon since my grandmother was coming over to babysit. When my grandmother arrived, I met David at church, and we went to the banquet. It was really good! We came home as soon as it was over to relieve my grandmother :)

On Friday morning, we got ready and went to brunch at Cracker Barrel. My great aunt was in town from out of state, so we met her, another great aunt, my grandparents, and my mom and brothers for brunch. It was fun, but the kids got kind of restless and Alaina was super fussy for some unknown reason. We came home for naps as soon as we were done. When David got home that afternoon, I ran to Kroger and put together a vegetable tray.
This is Aubrey's new favorite place to color. In a bathing suit, apparently.
We had a girls' Zumba night at church that evening. We had an instructor come help us with the Zumba, and it was hysterical! When we first started, I was laughing so hard I was crying. Haha! It was a good workout, though! After we finished Zumba, we had a healthy dinner of grilled chicken, salads, fruits, and veggies :) When I got home, David and I watched Red.

Saturday morning, my grandmother came over again, and David and I went to a co-ed shower for a sweet couple from church who recently got married. It was fun, and there were a lot of delicious breakfast foods :) When we got home, David mowed the grass, and I put the kids down for naps. I spent the afternoon touching up our trim paint. It's amazing what you notice is "wrong" with your house when it's been on the market for several months :-/ That evening, we got pizza for dinner and then made a Kroger run.
 

No comments: