Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Weekly Highlights

Last week was good. Pretty busy, but I think that's just going to be the norm. One thing that made the week hard was our detox that David and I are doing. It seemed like we had more "social" type things than usual, and of course they all involved food. We've discovered that eating a salad before you leave home and then watching everyone eat isn't much fun. However, I'm still glad we're doing it. I've felt really good and I think I've had more energy than usual, so yay. Only one more week left to go! (NO pictures this week! Not even cell phone pics! What is wrong with me??)

Sunday was a normal day at church and Sunday School. I cooked vegetable stir fry when we got home, and we ate lunch. We took naps that afternoon, and then we went back to church that evening. After church, we went to Jason's Deli for dinner. Yay for salad bars! ;)

Monday was going to be a fun day. I wanted to do something fun with Aubrey and Jude, and I thought taking them to see Planes would be perfect. My mom was coming over to keep Alaina, and everything was all set. Until I mentioned the plan to Aubrey and Jude. Aubrey was totally excited, but Jude wasn't interested. I even showed him the trailer for the movie, but nope. He did NOT want to go. He's been going through a REALLY weird stage lately, and I never know what to expect from him. Anyway, my mom still came over, and Aubrey and I had a fun little trip to the movies! Too bad it was a boy movie. Haha! After the movie, we stopped at Barnes and Noble. It was nice to have some one-on-one time with Aubrey. The rest of the afternoon was uneventful. David came home that evening, and we ate dinner and bathed the kids before bed.

We had Bible Study on Tuesday, and instead of starting our new study, we went to weed the flower beds at a local elementary school. Our church is kind of "in charge" of the flower beds at this school, and they were definitely needing some attention ;) It was HOT work. When we got home, the kids napped and I got on the computer. After naps, the kids and I went to Fresh Market. David had a church meeting that night (that involved dinner that he had to skip), so the kids and I were on our own. I cooked dinner and then got the kids to bed. When David got home, we talked for a while.

Wednesday was just a weird morning. I was supposed to go volunteer at the school for children with special needs, so I took a shower and got ready. While I was in the shower, Jude pulled a chair up to the counter and helped himself to the jar of honey that was sitting (what should have been) out of reach. It made a huge mess that I had to clean up, and then he was complaining about his tummy hurting. I kept getting ready and tried to get him to eat something, but he wouldn't. My mom got here, and I left. I got about halfway there, and my mom called to say that Jude had thrown up. I was pretty positive it was from eating all of that honey, but I turned around and went home. By the time I got home, Jude was perfectly fine. Hopefully that'll be the last time he gorges himself on honey. It'll definitely be the last time I leave it sitting out. Ha! So, my mom stayed and hung out for a while, and then she left and took Aubrey with her. Jude and Alaina napped that afternoon. We were starting back to church that night after our summer break. We were excited to be back! Of course, David and I were sad that we didn't get to eat dinner with everybody else, but we survived :) Aubrey moved up into an actual class instead of just the nursery and she was excited. We got everyone to bed when we got home.

Thursday was fun! The kids and I made a morning run to Kroger, and then the Herringtons came over for a mid morning playdate :) After they left, the kids napped. As soon as they got up, we went to tutoring. We hung out at church after tutoring until David finished teaching karate. He took the kids home, and I went to a ladies get together with church friends. It was a lot of fun! It was very well attended and there was LOTS of delicious looking food. I enjoyed the fruit. Haha! When I got home, David was putting the kids to bed. I helped out, and then we talked for a little while.

We had a VERY uneventful Friday. After such a busy week, I needed a day at home to get stuff done. The kids played and I worked around the house. I got ready that afternoon while the kids napped because I was going to a Mom's Social for Aubrey's school that evening. It was fun! (It was also a dinner thing, but thankfully there was fruit there, too, that I was able to eat.) It went WAY later than I expected, though. We played a game where you basically went around and answered a bunch of questions about yourself. That's not really my "thing" in general (I tend to like to open up and talk about myself when I feel comfortable, not when I'm put on the spot), but it was fine. I got home late.

Saturday morning, David took the kids to the Farmer's Market. I didn't sleep too late, and when I got up, I made a meal plan and grocery list for the week. David and the kids got home, and David went out to mow the grass. I got the kids down for a nap and got myself ready. When David came in, I went to Home Goods (a new one just opened close to my house!) and Hobby Lobby. I then went to Kroger and came home. We got the kids ready to go meet David's parents for dinner. It was his mom's birthday, and two of her cousins were in town, too :) We went to Corner Bakery. David's mom was sweet and didn't choose her favorite Italian place (and mine!) because she knew that David and I wouldn't be able to eat the food :) We had a fun dinner and then came home and got the kids to bed.

No comments: