Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekly Highlights

Last week was crazy. We just had a lot going on, and it felt like too much. I like staying busy, but I got a bit overwhelmed. Hopefully things are starting to settle down now :)

On Sunday we went to church and Sunday School and had lunch at home.
Little butter thief!
We went back to church that night, and we went out to dinner after church.

Monday was the day we listed our house! Our realtor came over at 9, and by the time we walked through the house and took pictures of everything, it was close to 11 by the time she left. I had to go to the grocery store before lunch (we had NO food), which meant I had to take all the kids with me. Not my fave. After lunch and naps, the kids and I went to Barnes and Noble to get books for a birthday party the next day. When David got home that night, I was feeling a bit frazzled and stressed.

We started our new summer Bible Study on Tuesday, and I enjoyed it so much! I think it's going to be a great study. After it was over, two little kiddos in Jude's class had a joint birthday party on the playground. Everyone brought books, and there was pizza and a book swap. So cute and fun! That afternoon, I read like a crazy person and finished my book club book. We had book club at Keifer's that night, and it was super fun as always!

Wednesday we had our first showing for our house. We had to be gone from 10-12. Ugh. We went to Target and Chick Fil A. I was more than ready to get home after that. At church that night, we had pizza and helped decorate for VBS the next week.

Thursday we had to be at church bright and early for tutoring! It went well though, and I enjoyed it. My brothers played with my kids while I tutored, which worked out well. The kids and I went to Target to get a baby gift after we left church (too bad I didn't think of that the day before when we were in Target all morning). Alaina was super fussy, and I couldn't find anything on the registry, so I got stressed and just got a gift card :/
This sweet baby still isn't quite used to no morning nap.
I cooked dinner that night and then went to a baby shower for a sweet girl who is new to our church. It was fun visiting with friends :)

On Friday we finally had a morning at home! I got a few things done, and then I got ready because I was going to a funeral that afternoon. My grandparents came over and kept the kids. A much loved lady from our church had died, so I went to the funeral. On the way home, our realtor called to say that someone wanted to see our house that night. David got home, and we frantically got everything ready and left. We went to a Mexican restaurant, and it was on the way home that I remembered that I had SET OUR ALARM at home when we left. Ahhh! It's such a habit that I didn't even think about it. I felt awful and so mortified :( Oh well, there was nothing I could do about it at that point. David and I watched a movie that night after we got the kids to bed.

David took the kids to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning, and I got ready to make a huge Sam's run. I'm in charge of kids' snacks for VBS, so I had to go get everything for the week. My mom and grandmother met me there to help. We took everything we bought to church and unloaded. David called to say that the people from the night before were looking at our house again. I felt bad that I wasn't home to help him get everything in order. My mom, grandmother, and I met David and the kids for lunch. For a while, it looked like we might get an offer on our house, but ultimately, the people went with another house on our street. It was probably for the best. I was feeling kind of rushed and stressed. After lunch, David took the kids home and I went to the grocery store. We had dinner at home that night.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE your new blog look! So pretty!!!