Monday, December 3, 2012

Week in Review: Short Naps and Sickies

Last week was good and pretty normal as far as busyness goes. I feel like things are really picking up this week, and we'll probably be more busy than normal from now until Christmas. One frustrating part of last week was that Alaina didn't nap well. She only napped for about 30 minutes in the afternoons. She's always been a great sleeper, so I don't know what the deal is. I'm pretty sure she's getting another tooth, so I hope that's what causing it and that it goes back to normal soon! Mama needs a little longer in the afternoon to recharge ;)

Sunday: We went to church and Sunday School, and then we came home and ate lunch. We took naps that afternoon, and then we went back to church that night. After church, we ate dinner at Newk's. We then came home and got the kids to bed and got Aubrey's stuff together for school the next day. After the holiday week the week before, we prepared to get back into the swing of our normal schedule. I read some of my book club book before bed.

Monday: David took Aubrey to school, and Jude, Alaina, and I hung out at home that morning. I did some laundry and took a shower. I put Alaina down for her nap, and I fixed lunch for Jude. I finished getting us ready, and when Alaina got up, I fed her baby food and then we left. We went to Target to get a prescription refilled for Alaina and we looked around for a while. We then went to pick up Aubrey. When we got home, I put all three kids right down for their naps. Alaina didn't nap long, though :( She normally takes a good afternoon nap, so I wasn't sure what was going on with her. I was bummed, though. That evening, I cooked dinner and the kids and I ate. We watched Dancing with the Stars and the night got kind of long. I was happy to see David when he got home :) He took Aubrey and Jude upstairs for bed, and I got Alaina ready for bed and fed her and put her down. David and I talked for a while, and then I read more of my book club book.

Tuesday: We got up and got ready and headed to church for Bible Study. We actually weren't having Bible Study, but we were still meeting at the same time to decorate the fellowship hall for Christmas. I helped as long as I could before I had to pick the kids up from the nursery, and then we came home. We ate lunch, and I put the kids down for naps. Alaina woke up again after only about 30 minutes :( She's teething, so I gave her Tylenol and rocked her back to sleep, and she did sleep a little longer, but she still didn't take a great nap. David came home that afternoon and played with the kids while I cooked lasagna for dinner. We ate together and then had a family devotion.

Aubrey colored on her face with a pen ;) I love these sweet sisters!
We bathed the kids and put them to bed, and then I watched the Dancing with the Stars finale. When it went off, I read for a little while, and we ended up staying up too late.

Wednesday: David took Aubrey to school again, and the little kids and I got ready to go to lunch with Sarah Denley and Graves. I put Alaina down for a nap while I got myself and Jude ready, and I ended up having to wake her up to leave. We met SD at Broadstreet, and it was kind of weird. Broadstreet was apparently undergoing some kind of construction, and their bathrooms weren't working, and they didn't have any water? So odd. They were serving canned drinks and the food came on paper plates. Haha! It was kind of chaotic, but we had fun! We stayed talking until it was time to leave to go pick the girls up from school. Jude had a NASTY dirty diaper, but since the bathrooms weren't working, I had to change him in the car. He had leaked on his clothes, so we had to pick sister up wearing nothing but a diaper. Ha! When we got home, I got the kids down for naps, and I straightened up a little while they slept. David came home that afternoon and we went to church. We ate dinner, and then I went to the 1st and 2nd grade class and my friend taught. After church, some sweet friends wanted to go out for my birthday. We went to a Mexican restaurant and had chips and queso and just hung out talking. It was so fun, and I thought it was so sweet that they wanted to do that for me :) My mom had gone too, so she drove me home afterwards. David had gotten all of the kids to bed, and we talked for a while before going to bed too.

Thursday: We had a VERY boring low-key day. We stayed home all day. Aubrey watched a movie that morning, Jude played, and Alaina napped. I read some of my book club book while they were occupied. I did get a few things done around the house. I fixed lunch for us all, and we ate. Then we played for a while after lunch.

Aubrey was so proud of this little fort thing that she built (in her bathing suit). Haha!

I was trying to push nap time back a little bit to see if that would help Alaina nap longer. That time kind of stretched on and felt LONG. Jude felt a little warm to me, so I checked his temp, and it was normal. I still thought he might have fever, though. I put them all down for naps and got in the shower. When I got out, Alaina was fussing. Ughhh. I went to her room and got her back to sleep, and then I got ready. When naptime was over, the kids just played and I fixed some dinner. We waited anxiously for David to get home ;)
This is about as good as it gets as far as a picture with all three kids. Haha!
I had book club that night, so when David got home, he took over dinner duties and I finished getting ready. I met my book club girls at Newk's, and we had fun! We had read The Mormon Mirage that month, but none of us finished it. It was really interesting, but we just got kind of bogged down in all of that Mormon doctrine. I think it was a little more than any of us really wanted to know about Mormonism ;) Anyway, we read enough to have plenty of good discussion, and we always end up discussing other topics anyway. We stayed until the restaurant was closing, and then I came home. David said he had been up to Jude's room a couple of times since putting him to bed, and he definitely had fever :( We gave him medicine and hoped for a decent night.

Friday: Since Jude had been running fever, we had another day at home. He seemed to feel fine, he just had a runny nose. The day was more of the same as the day before, but it didn't feel quite as long. After lunch, the kids napped and I took a shower and got myself ready. When the kids got up from their naps, Jude seemed to be feeling ok, and I was dying to get out of the house, so we left when David got home. I ran in Target for some medicine and then we got pizza from Mazzios. After that we came home. When it was bedtime, we got the kids to sleep, and then David and I started a movie. We were watching it when we heard Jude wake up coughing with that croup cough :( :( We stopped the movie, and David went up and held him in front of a steamy shower and then brought him downstairs and took him outside into the cool night. David said he was going to keep Jude upright for a while, so I picked the house up and went on to bed.

Saturday: My alarm went off early because I was going to a fabric store that's about an hour away with a friend. I got ready and David got up with the kids when they woke up. I felt bad leaving since Jude had been sick, but he was better as long as he was up, and David said they were fine. So, I met my friend, and we drove to the fabric store. This store has a great selection of fabric for really good prices. We had fun chatting in the car, and then we got lots of cute fabrics. Too bad I don't sew. My friend convinced me that I can learn to make simple little pants and dresses for the kids. We'll see! Ha! We ate lunch after we finished at the fabric store, and then we headed home.

Checking out Mr. Knightly!
Playing in the leaves! If you're wondering about Aubrey's ensemble.... I have no idea! I wasn't home, remember? ;)
I ran in Target for some makeup on my way home, and when I got back it was late afternoon and the kids were napping. Well, they were in their rooms. They weren't really "napping." David and I talked for a minute and then we got them up. We all got ready and I made a meal plan for the week and a grocery list. We then ate dinner at Corner Bakery, and I ran in Kroger while David stayed in the car with the kids. When we got home, we unloaded groceries and put them away and then we bathed the kids and got them to bed. I got on the internet for a while before bed. 

No comments: