Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First Day of School and a Birthday

The Monday after Aubrey's birthday party, she started school. This was her first time ever to go to school, so it was a big day for us! Having Aubrey turn four and start school all within a couple of days of each other was a lot for my heart, but I handled it well :) David takes Aubrey to school on his way go work now, but on the first day, I really wanted to go too. So, we all loaded up and went for the big occasion :)

All ready to go! She does ballet first on Mondays, so she goes in her ballet outfit :)
I walked Aubrey in while David stayed in the car with Jude and Alaina.

Aubrey did so well when I dropped her off. I was worried that she might get a little nervous and shy, but she didn't. I hung around for a while because the ballet teacher was getting the room setup, and I felt weird just leaving, but at one point, Aubrey looked at me and said, "Mommy, aren't you going to leave?" Ha! So, I did :) When I got back out to the car, I was a little sad to be leaving her:
But I was happy that drop off had gone so well!
Alaina was clearly thrilled with the whole situation as well. HA!
Thankfully, Aubrey's first day of school was great, and she has done really well everyday since! When I pick her up and ask her about her day, she always says, "I never disobeyed!" Ha! Let's hope that continues to be the case :)

Her second day of school was her actual birthday, September 12th. I took some pictures of my big girl in her school uniform before she left for school that morning.



After I picked her up, we stopped for ice cream to make her day special. I really still can't believe I have a four year old! That just seems so old to me!

I'm so thankful that Aubrey has had such a good first semester of school so far. She LOVES going to school, and ballet is her favorite thing that she does there. It's so hard to believe that in just a few weeks, she will be halfway through her first year of school!

No comments: