Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week in Review: Ear Infections, Chiropractor Visit, and the Pumpkin Patch

We were back to our usual busyness this week. It didn't feel too busy, though, and I think the reason was that we didn't have anything going on at night. So, even though our days were pretty busy, we were home at night. It was a good week. Still no pictures though. I am SO looking forward to being able to post pictures again. I have to say though, these posts are MUCH faster and easier to deal with without adding pictures!

Sunday: We went to church that morning. David and I had nursery. We were in Alaina's room, and we enjoyed taking care of the sweet little babies :) Afterwards, we went to Sunday School, and then we came home for lunch. We took naps that afternoon and then went back to church. After church, we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with my family. We had a lot of fun! We put the kids right to bed when we got home.

Monday: I got up and fixed Aubrey's lunch and her hair, and then David took her to school. Alaina had been wheezing all weekend even though we were still doing breathing treatments and had even added in a few extra treatments. So, I knew I needed to get her checked out again. I got her a doctor's appointment for 11:10, and then I got myself and Jude and Alaina ready. We went to the doctor, and Alaina had a double ear infection. I felt bad that her ears were infected -- who knows how long they had been that way, but she had no symptoms other than the wheezing. Her doctor said Alaina seems to have a lot of allergies which can cause wheezing, and then she gets an infection, which makes wheezing worse, and it's just a cycle that's hard to break this time of the year. We'll more than likely have to do "maintenance breathing treatments" all winter. I kind of hate that, but we don't want her wheezing and getting pneumonia! We're just praying she'll outgrow this wheezing like Aubrey did. Anyway, when we left the doctor, we didn't have time to go back home before it was time to get Aubrey from school. We drove through Chick Fil A and got lunch for Jude, and then I sat in the back with Alaina and fed her some carrots I had packed. We then went to get Aubrey. When we got home, I put the kids down for naps. My mom came over a little later that afternoon to stay with the kids so that I could go get all of Alaina's prescriptions filled without having to take them. When I got home all of the kids were up, and I cooked dinner. My mom hung out for a little while while I was working on dinner, and then she left. The kids and I ate, and then I bathed all of them. We watched Dancing with the Stars and waited for David to get home. When he did, we put the kids to bed, and then he ate dinner and we talked for a while.

Tuesday: That morning, we got ready and went to church for Bible Study. We continued our study on Biblical Womanhood, and it was really good. I had to rush out as soon as it was over because Alaina had a chiropractor appointment. David met us there, and he took Alaina in while I waited in the car with Aubrey and Jude. It didn't take long at all, and Alaina got all adjusted :) This was her first time to get adjusted, and she did well. Hopefully that will help her ears. After that, we headed home to eat lunch. I put the kids down for naps, but Alaina didn't sleep well. She had fallen asleep in the car, and I guess she just got a second wind. Anyway, I spent pretty much all afternoon just hanging out with her and trying to get her to sleep. She finally went to sleep right as it was time to get Aubrey and Jude up. Of course ;) David came home and played with the kids while I cooked. It felt like this was our first night at home with no plans in a while. We ate together and then had a family devotion. I watched the Dancing with the Stars result show, and we put the kids to bed. I then watched most of the presidential debate. I read some of my book club book before bed. (Book club was still a week away and I was READING MY BOOK. I needed to write that down. Haha!)

Wednesday: David took Aubrey to school and Jude and Alaina and I just hung out at home for a while. After Alaina woke up from her morning nap, we loaded up and went to the park to walk. Jude and Alaina rode in the double stroller and did great. We all enjoyed the fresh air :) We came home after our walk, and I took a shower and got ready and fixed lunch for Jude. We then went to pick up Aubrey. When we got home, I put all of the kids down for naps, and I tried to get a few things done around the house. I randomly moved some furniture around. No big deal ;) When David got home, we got all of the kids ready and we went to church. We ate dinner there and then I went to my 1st and 2nd grade class. On the way home from church, we had to stop at the gas station and the pharmacy to pick up something they had to order for Alaina. It was past bedtime when we got home, so we got everyone down quickly. I got on the internet and read some before bed.

Thursday: I was supposed to tutor that afternoon, but we wanted to get together with the Herringtons too, so we had a morning playdate instead of our usual afternoon get-together. I thought it was a fun change of pace. Peyton was so sweet and cooked us brunch. My kids LOVED his waffles. They were eating them faster than I could cut them up. Haha! We played for a while and then left in time for naps. My mom called as we were leaving to say that we didn't even need to come to tutoring because the little kids had gone on a field trip and didn't have homework. Ha! So that meant we had the whole afternoon free after all. The kids took naps that afternoon, and I took a short nap myself. That evening, we went on a walk up and down our street just killing time until David got home. He got home right in time for dinner, and we ate roast. We had a family devotion, and then we bathed the kids. We put them to bed, and I read more of my book and got on the internet for a short while.

Friday: Aubrey, Jude, and I were going on a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Aubrey's school. We had never been to the pumpkin patch, so we were all excited! My grandmother came over to watch Alaina :) We had so much fun on the field trip! We had a picnic lunch, and a lot of Aubrey's little friends from her class were there, which was fun for her. We went on a hayride, and Jude got super scared right at first. He was clinging to me just crying -- poor thing. Once we started moving and he realized it wasn't scary, he was fine. It took us to the pumpkin patch and the kids got to pick out their pumpkins. Then they were able to just run around and play or a while. I have lot of pictures that I'll post as soon as we get our new laptop (hopefully in the NEAR future). We got back on the hayride, and it took us back for "pumpkin juice" (orange kool-aid) and a snack. The kids LOVED that :) Then we headed home. It was such a beautiful day, and we had a great time. It was much better than our field trip experience the week before when Aubrey got momentarily lost at the park. Haha! The timing worked out well because we got home in time for me to feed Alaina, so my grandmother didn't even have to give her a bottle. My grandmother said Alaina had done well and they had had fun :) My grandmother helped me get the kids down for their naps before she left. That evening when David got home, we hung out for a little while and then went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom. After dinner, we went to Lowe's. We came home in time for bed, and we got all the kids down. Aubrey had a major fit over something as she was going to bed, so that delayed bedtime for a while :-/ Once everyone was finally asleep, David and I watched Captain America. We're on a superhero movie kick right now, apparently. Haha!

Saturday: David and Aubrey and Jude went to the Farmer's Market that morning, and Alaina and I slept in. When they got home, David had to get ready to go to a karate rank test. He was testing for his second degree black belt. He left, and the kids and I were on our own for the rest of the morning. I got Alaina down for a nap, and then I took a shower and got ready. We just had an uneventful morning at home, and then I fixed lunch for us. David got home right as we were finishing up lunch. He passed his test -- yay! :) He helped me get the kids down for naps, and he watched some football. While the kids were napping, I went to run errands. I was looking for a few things for the kids' Halloween costumes, but I didn't have much luck. When I got home, I made a meal plan and a grocery list and then we got ready and went to Primos for dinner. After dinner, we made our weekly Kroger run, and we came home and bathed the kids. We got them to bed, and I ironed their clothes for the next day, put a chicken in the crockpot, and baked some pumpkin spelt muffins.

No comments: