Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, David!

Today is my amazing husband's birthday! Aubrey, Jude, Alaina, and I are so blessed to have him, and we want to wish him a fantastic day!

Since it's his birthday, I need to take a minute and brag about what an awesome job David did with the kids while I was gone last weekend ;) I was a little nervous that having all three of them by himself for 3 days would be stressful, but I should have known better than to worry. David made it look like it was no big deal. He did a great job getting Alaina to take her bottles (something she's not a huge fan of), and he took fantastic care of all three kids. When I got home on Sunday night, the house was spotless, Aubrey and Jude had made cards for me, and they had gotten me some basil plants :) If the roles had been reversed and David was the one gone all weekend, I'm afraid he might would have walked in to chaos. Haha! Oh, and while he was taking care of all of the kids, heating up bottles, cleaning the house, and making homemade cards with our children, he also fit in a little project. We had recently recovered the cushions on our kitchen chairs, but the kids had already gotten them super dirty. It had been driving me CRAZY -- I had actually just moved the chairs out to the garage and was using the chairs from the dining room in the kitchen they were so bad. Well, David removed the cushions from the chairs, took all the staples out, treated and washed the fabric (I think twice), sprayed the fabric with Scotch Guard, stapled the fabric back on the cushions, and put the cushions back on the chairs. You know, all while the kids napped. ;) Yes, he's awesome!

I'm so thankful for my husband! I know I take him for granted a lot of the time, but he really is such a servant and he does SO MUCH for the kids and me.

Happy Birthday, David! The kids and I love you so much!

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Wow, Super Dad!

Sarah Denley said...

Well, I'm glad Peyton can cook a bit and lets me sleep late all the time because he sure doesn't even know how to turn on the washing machine! Sweet David, tell him happy birthday from us!