Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week in Review: Home Again, Home Again

Last week was good. I was in Missouri on Sunday and came home on Monday. So the rest of the week was spent getting back into the swing of things at home. I was SO tired after the trip and felt like I was trying to catch up on my sleep. I was happy to be home with my babies and my sweet hubby :)

Sunday: Sarah Denley and I were still in Missouri visiting Ashley, so we got up and got ready to go to church with her. I enjoyed Ashley's church! I kept Alaina with me in the service, and I had to take her out to change her diaper and feed her. I was able to go back in toward the end of the service after Alaina fell asleep in my arms. After church, we went to lunch with Ashley's sweet family. We had to rush off after lunch because Ashley was having some pictures made that afternoon. We went back to her house and changed clothes, and then we went with her to the photographer's studio. We hung out for a while, but Alaina was ready for a nap, so SD and I went back to Ashley's house and had a low-key afternoon while Alaina slept. We went to pick Ashley up after she was finished, and then we went to dinner at a hamburger place. It was so good! We went back to Ashley's house after dinner, and we talked for a while. Then we went to Starbuck's for a snack, but they were about to close and didn't have any food, so we drove through an ice cream place instead :) We got back to Ashley's house and ate our ice cream. I got Alaina to bed, and then we stayed up late talking. (But not AS late as the other nights since SD and I had a long trip home the next day.)

Monday: We got up and packed our stuff up and got ready to hit the road. We said our goodbyes (always sad!) and got on the road. We had a really good trip. We made good time and stopped for lunch at a Steak N Shake. Yum! I fed Alaina there, and then we got back on the road. We stopped once or twice more (I can't remember) and got home after 5. I dropped SD off and then went home to see my babies! :) David had karate that night, so my mom was at our house with Aubrey and Jude. I was so excited to see them. They were happy to see me, but even MORE happy to see Alaina. It was cute :) I visited with them and my mom for a while, and then I ran to Newk's to get some dinner for us before my mom had to leave. When I got home, we ate and my mom left. I jumped right back into my normal Monday activities and bathed the kids. I was glad to see David when he got home :) We talked for a minute, and then we got the kids to bed. We talked more as he was eating dinner. I told him all about my trip and he told me about their weekend without me. I was SO tired after all the late nights, but we ended up staying up kind of late.

Tuesday: I got up early and got ready for Bible Study. I got the kids ready, and we went to church. We started a new study on how to study the Bible and have better quiet times. It was really good! After Bible Study, we drove through Chick Fil A and got some lunch, and then we went home to eat. I put the kids down for naps after lunch and then took a nap myself. It was so nice and much needed! After we all got up, I got the kids a snack and then David came home.
Daddy always lets them have so much fun outside ;)
We hung out for a while, and then we went to get pizza for dinner. After that, we went to Kroger. After being gone all weekend, our cupboards were bare! We came home and put the groceries away and then got the kids to bed. I got on the internet for a little while and we went to bed fairly early.

Wednesday: That morning, we got up and ate breakfast and then got ready for the gym.
This is Aubrey's fake smile face
I took the kids to my parents' house, and went to workout. I picked the kids up and hung out at my parents' for a little while. We ate lunch when we got home, and then I put the kids down for naps. I straightened up the house and took a shower and got ready. When the kids got up, I put them in the tub, and then David got home. He helped me get the kids ready, and I finished getting myself ready. I was going to a photography class that night, and David and the kids were going to church. They left, and then I left right after them. I took the class with a friend from church, and it was great but SO overwhelming. It went from 6:00-9:30 with just one short break! I think I learned a few things I can put into practice, but I still have a LONG way to go :) When I got home, the kids were in bed. Alaina was asleep, but she hadn't taken much of her bottle, so I went upstairs and fed her. She barely woke up and went back down easily. I told David about my class and we went to bed.
Practicing my new photog skillz (and deciding that the external flash is probably going to be my best bet for indoor pics. Ha!)
Thursday: The kids and I had an uneventful morning. I had my annual checkup mid morning, so I got ready and my mom came over to watch the kids. I had the hardest time finding a parking space and then I had to wait FOREVER. I tell you what, the stress of going to that place is almost enough to make me think we're done having biological children. Haha :) I got a good report, though, and my blood pressure was great... that's always nice to hear after my blood pressure issues when I was pregnant :) When I got home, the kids had eaten lunch, but they were still awake. It was time for their naps, so my mom left and I got them down. Jude took FOREVER to go to sleep. I actually didn't think he was going to nap at all, but he did eventually fall asleep. I got Aubrey up and started cooking dinner. When Jude woke up, he was super fussy and just wanted to be held. I took Aubrey and Jude outside while Alaina was still napping and took some pictures.
And she's done ;) I took a ton of pictures that day, so I'm going to post more in a separate post.
We came back inside so that I could finish dinner and feed Alaina. Dinner was ready when David got home, and we ate and just hung out together that evening. My dad and brothers came over to bring us a bunch of mulch they had gotten for us. David helped them put it in our flower beds and it looks nice. I took more pictures while we were outside.
We got the kids to bed after they left, and then I got on the internet and ordered Aubrey's birthday party invitations and played around until bed.

Friday: When we got up, we started getting ready to go to the gym again. I dropped the kids off and went. When I picked them up, I talked to my mom for a little while and then we came home. I fixed lunch and then the kids took naps. I got ready while they slept. I had to go up to Jude's room several times, but he finally went to sleep. When the kids woke up, I bathed them. David got home and he helped me get them ready.
"Daddy, watch!" (He's hanging from the counter in case you can't tell.)
We were going out to dinner that night for David's mom's birthday. We went to Amerigo, and it was so good! Alaina got a little fussy after we ate, so I ordered tiramisu to go and went to feed her. It was raining when we were ready to leave, but we all got loaded up without getting too wet. We went to Lowe's on our way home and got a few things. When we got home, we put the kids right to bed, and then I ate my dessert, and David and I watched Sherlock Holmes. I managed to stay awake this time, unlike the last time we tried to watch it ;) It was late when it went off, so we went to bed.

Saturday: David took Aubrey and Jude to the Farmer's Market that morning, and Alaina and I got to sleep late. It was SO nice!! We got up and just hung out until David and Aubrey and Jude got home. They had stopped at Best Buy and Pet's Mart on their way home -- Aubrey and Jude love seeing the animals at Pet's Mart. Once they got home, David and I moved our sideboard outside to the garage and I started painting it. This is a project I've been wanting to do for ages, and I had decided that the time had come. I worked on it off and on all day, and I'm happy with how it turned out.
David got the kids down for naps while I worked. I came in and ate lunch and fed Alaina, but other than that, I stayed pretty busy outside, When I finished, I took a shower and then David started working on a project. We're giving our tiny kitchen island a little facelift, so he was working on cutting and installing baseboards. I made a grocery list and got ready.
We see this often from Jude... holding his broom and throwing a fit :/
I got the kids dressed, and then David got cleaned up and ready. We went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom and then to Kroger. We unloaded groceries when we got home and got the kids to bed. The sideboard had dried, so David and I moved it back inside and put everything back in it. Then I ironed the kids' clothes for church the next day before going to bed.

1 comment:

The Niemeyer Nest said...

You are one busy bee! Pictures look really crisp. I need to take a class too. Sideboard looks really pretty. How do you get so much done?