Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Week in Review: Home Bodies

We had a good week, but we spent a lot of time at home and it got a little boring. It's funny because I really like having a routine, and I get stressed when I feel like we don't have one. But when we get into a rut and do the same thing EVERY day, I get bored. Ha! Guess I like a routine with some variety ;) This week has been pretty busy so far, so it's nice to have a little change :)

Sunday: We were taking Alaina to church for the first time on a Sunday. I was so ready to be back at church! It had been a while! We all managed to get out the door on time, which was a small miracle! Alaina did great in church. She got a little fussy in her carseat, but I took her out and held her and she slept the whole service. It was our Mission's Sunday, so we had a guest preacher. I fed Alaina between church and Sunday School, and she slept through Sunday School in my arms. We had two different people from church talking to our class about mission's trips they had been on recently. I enjoyed it. We had a lunch at church after Sunday School, and the kids all did ok. Well, actually, Aubrey and Jude barely ate anything and Jude was melting down because it was naptime -- typical Sunday ;) We napped when we got home from church and went back to church that evening. We had a prayer service. My grandmother came up to our church after the service and brought us a meal. We headed home after church and ate the food from my grandmother before putting the kids to bed and going to bed early ourselves.

Monday: We had a low-key day at home. We played outside and watched a movie that morning. I did some laundry and even made up my bed! I HATE it when the bed doesn't get made -- I feel like it makes the whole room look awful, but that's one of the first chores that I let slide when things are crazy, so it had been a while :-/ We ate lunch at home, and then I put the kids down for naps. I fed Alaina and got her to take a nap while Aubrey and Jude were resting and I put some spaghetti in the crockpot. I took a shower and got ready, and my mom came over that afternoon. While my mom was here, I took Aubrey to a shoe store to look for some Easter shoes. I let her try on every white shoe in that store (that I approved of) and she didn't like ANY of them. The child is SO PICKY. So, we left with no shoes. When we got back home, Aubrey and Jude played outside with my mom for a little while while I got dinner ready, and then we ate spaghetti. My mom gave Aubrey and Jude a bath while I fed Alaina. We watched Dancing with the Stars until it was time for Jude to go to bed. Then David got home, and my mom left. David put Aubrey to bed, and I got Alaina ready for bed. She had a hard time going to sleep. David took her into the living room until she went to sleep so that I could go ahead and go to sleep. It's a good thing I did because she had a bad night. She didn't even go one three hour stretch all night. And when she was sleeping, she was real restless and noisy. Needless so say, I didn't get a lot of sleep.

Tuesday: Aubrey and Jude were up bright and early, and after my rough night, I wasn't feeling very chipper. I had thought about going to Bible Study that morning, but when I got up, I was so tired that I didn't think there was any way that was happening. But after a few minutes, I decided that getting out of the house would be good for all of us. So I got us all ready, and we went. This was my first time getting all three kids ready to go somewhere by myself (with a time restraint) and I was proud of myself that we walked out of the door at 9AM :) I was glad that we went to Bible Study -- I left feeling more patient and encouraged. Alaina stayed with me and she was fine. I held her and she slept :) I had to feed Alaina before we headed home, and Aubrey and Jude just played while I fed her. When we got home, I fed the kids lunch and put them down for naps. That afternoon, I got on the internet and did some straightening up while the kids slept. When David got home, I cooked dinner while he played with the kids. Alaina had her first real bath. She liked it at first, but then she was over it!

We ate and then I watched the Dancing with the Stars results and held and fed Alaina. David put Aubrey and Jude to bed and then we went to bed early again. Having a newborn has made us start going to bed WAY earlier than we are used to. We've been going to bed about 10:30 every night!

Wednesday: The kids and I had another uneventful day. I did really need to make a Target run, so I decided to get really brave and go with all three kids. It was a semi-disaster, which was much better than a total disaster. Ha! No, it wasn't terrible. Alaina was really fussy the whole time, so it was a very quick trip. When we got home, we ate lunch and then the kids took naps. I showered and got ready while they slept. When David got home that afternoon, he helped me get everyone ready for church. We all went to church and we ate dinner there. David didn't have any meetings or anything that night, so we were planning to leave early, but we got to talking and it didn't happen. When we got home, it was past bedtime, and we put the kids right to bed. I got on the internet for a little while before bed.

Thursday: We got up and played that morning. I desperately needed to go to the grocery store. I'm not exaggerating when I say we had NO food. I definitely am not brave enough to take all the kids to the grocery store, so we loaded up and drove through Chick Fil A for lunch. Alaina screamed the whole time we were in the car :( She definitely isn't a car baby right now, but I'm hoping she learns to love it. When we got home, we ate and then I let the kids play for a little while before naptime.Aubrey with Knightly and her little [toy] Knightly.

I took a shower and read/played on the internet while they slept. That afternoon, we played some more and waited for David to get home. He picked up pizza on his way home, and we ate dinner, and then just hung out together that evening. David bathed the kids, and we put them to bed.

Friday: We were going to go over to the Herrington's house for a playdate, but they had colds so we decided to reschedule. So, the kids and I had another day at home! I wanted to be productive, but Alaina ended up being super fussy and I didn't get much done at all. It was kind of a frustrating day. After lunch, the kids took naps, and I was glad for some quiet ;) Our church was having a Ladies Retreat that night, and I was thinking about taking Alaina and going. I decided that I would go because I just really wanted to get out of the house. So, when David got home, I fed Alaina and got her ready. She was SO fussy and upset that I debated about whether or not to even go anymore. I decided I would just attempt it and leave if she was inconsolable. She ended up doing really well! We had dinner at church, and I had to feed Alaina once. I put her in the Moby after I fed her, and she slept the rest of the retreat. We got to stay the whole time, and it was really fun! I was glad I had gone. By the time we got home, it was pretty late. David and I talked and I got Alaina ready for bed and fed, and we went to sleep.

Saturday: Alaina didn't have the best night, but I got to sleep a little later than usual, so it balanced out. David and I were going to a Special Needs Conference at a local church that day, so I got myself and Alaina ready. My grandparents came over to watch Aubrey and Jude, and David and I (and Alaina) left. The Conference was good! We learned a lot. We had lunch there, and Alaina was really good. She spent some time in her carseat, the Moby, and my arms. I fed her twice while we were there. After it was over, we went to Sweet Dreams to look for an Easter outfit for Jude, but it had just closed by the time we got there :( We headed home, and Aubrey and Jude were both up. My grandparents said they had had a good day. I looked up some recipes and made a grocery list, and then we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. The weather was really nice, so we sat outside. I went in Kroger after dinner, and then we came home and put the kids to bed. I ironed their church clothes and then went to bed.

No comments: