Monday, March 5, 2012

38 Weeks

No picture yet, because honestly, I just haven't been camera ready :) I'm going to try to remember to take a picture and edit this post just for my future reference! There isn't much to report since I haven't been to the doctor yet this week.

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
38 (and a half -- totally counting days at this point) weeks
Size of baby: Probably close to 7 pounds and over 18 inches. About the size of a pumpkin!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have no idea. Haven't weighed this week. Hopefully I'm not gaining much more at this point.
Maternity Clothes: Lots of pajama pants and lounge wear! I had to raid David's closet the other day for a t-shirt that would fit. Ha!
Movement: Her movement has slowed down some, but she still moves enough to keep me from worrying. I think it's just the normal slow down due to being out of room in there!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: I've been sleeping fine. I wake up a lot to go to the bathroom or roll over. Haha! I take naps during the day some just to pass the time. I know I'll miss all this extra sleep soon!
What I miss: Same as last week -- being active, taking care of the kids and our house myself, and getting out of the house. I've kind of been missing cooking lately. I've seen a lot of recipes I want to try.
Cravings: Anything sweet and cokes!
Symptoms: The heartburn was actually a lot better this week. Thank God! I'm not having many symptoms at this point, other than an occasional hard kick in the ribs :) Oh, and having to go to the bathroom constantly. I am having TONS of Braxton Hicks. I feel like they are almost constant. They apparently aren't doing much, so they're just kind of annoying. Thankfully, my blood pressure has been really good.
Best Moment This Week: Hmmm.... There were several good moments. Having friends visit and deliver food. Going upstairs over the weekend and getting pictures hung in Alaina's room. Having my whole family over for lunch yesterday to celebrate my brother's birthday. It was a good week, in spite of being stuck on the couch :)
What I'm Looking Forward To: My doctor's appointment on Wednesday!!! I'm on pins and needles to find out "the plan." I decided to not make any decisions about the potential induction until I talk to my doctor on Wednesday, hear what she recommends, and find out if I've progressed anymore. My emotions are all over the board about that. On one hand, I definitely still don't want to be induced. I would really like to go into labor naturally and go that route again. On the other hand, I think I'm almost going to be disappointed if my doctor says an induction isn't necessary for Friday. I know, that makes NO sense! I'm just so ready for the baby to be here, and I'm going to have such a hard time turning an induction down if it's an option but not a necessity. I'm just praying that I'll have a strong sense of what's best for us -- whether that's in the form of a recommendation from my doctor or just a feeling I get. I'll definitely update the blog after my appointment :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The hardest part is not knowing what is going to happen. Just think, in a few weeks, this will all be a distant memory. I was induced with Henry and it was a good experience. I love a good coke too!Henry is up screaming but sleep training is going very well overall. I am trying to focus on how great it will be next week. We are down from 3-4 wakeups per night to just one. That has made such a difference in me and Henry already. Yeah for sleep!