Tuesday, February 14, 2012

35 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along:
35 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 18 inches and over 5 pounds -- about the size of a Honeydew Melon!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Just look at my picture and you'll have a pretty good idea ;)
Maternity Clothes: I am honestly outgrowing all of my maternity clothes. Nothing is flattering at this point, and I repeat outfits all. the. time. I'm kind of looking forward to the day when Alaina is born because I might actually be able to fit into all of my maternity clothes again. I'll have a whole new world of options. Haha!
Movement: Lots of movement, and she is ALL over the place. One minute she is kicking my bladder, and the next, she's in my rib cage. I'm REALLY hoping she's head down and that those are little feet I'm feeling in my ribs.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well. I've had a cold and congestion lately, so that's disrupting my sleep more than pregnancy discomforts right now.
What I miss: Not feeling so fat. And on that note, I miss not being obsessed about my weight. I feel like I'm never like this except when I'm pregnant. I know I talk about it constantly, and I hate that, but I want to be honest! I really am not one of those women who is obsessed with her weight in general. Normally, I hardly ever weigh myself and just don't really concern myself with my weight. Of course, I'm a girl and have insecurities like most women, but I'm just ready to get to the point where I don't feel so blah about myself. I know by now that, for me, pregnancy = lots of weight gain, and it really is ok! It's TOTALLY worth it, and even if I never lose a pound of my pregnancy weight, it would still be worth it! But I know I'll just feel better mentally and physically when I can start loosing weight!
Cravings: I have wanted lots of carbonated drinks lately. I had gotten pretty good about not drinking cokes before I was pregnant, but I love them these days. I'll have to cut them out of my diet soon.
Symptoms: Interestingly, I've had WAY less heartburn this week. I haven't taken Tums in days, which is HUGE. A few people have told me that I look like I've "dropped" so I'm wondering if that might be why I'm not having as much heartburn. Whatever the reason, I'll take it!! On the flip side, though, I have to go to the bathroom ALL the time lately. I'm getting up like 3 times a night these days to go to the bathroom. Ugh. Other than that, I'm still having the same symptoms: swelling, shortness of breath, lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, and getting tired really easily.
Best Moment This Week: We got Alaina's room all cleared out on Saturday, and now all we have to do is hang a few things on the wall and add some finishing touches. It's exciting to be almost finished. Also, last night, I went to a consignment sale, and they had so many adorable baby girl things. It made me SO excited to be having another girl. Bring on the smocked dresses and bows! :)
What I'm Looking Forward To: I'm really excited to have a sonogram next week. I'm SO curious about how big Alaina is and what position she's in, etc. Also, I start getting "checked" at that appointment and, while I'm not exactly looking forward to that, I'm curious if there is any "progress." I don't expect a lot at 36 weeks, but it'll be fun to find out anyway :)

No comments: