Monday, February 6, 2012

34 Weeks

Well, I have to say that I'm feeling real good about myself at this point. Not. I just feel fat and out of shape. It doesn't help that in the past week, I've been told that I look like I have a watermelon under my shirt, that I'm MUCH bigger this time around than I was with my other two pregnancies, and someone said, "Whoa, baby! Look at that belly!!" when I walked by. I mean, I know I'm big. I'm actually even ok with having a big belly. Really, I am. I've always said that I don't mind at all having a big belly when I'm pregnant. But I just don't need/want anyone pointing it out right now. I honestly don't understand why it's appropriate to comment on how large a woman is when she's pregnant when that's never socially acceptable at any other time. Anyway, I don't say any of that to fish for compliments or to sound like a complainer. Like I said, I know I'm big! But if you know me in real life, just please refrain from commenting on my size. Please. ;)

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
34 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 17.5 inches and 4.5 pounds -- about the size of a Durian Fruit! (Whatever the heck that is?!)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have gained a lot of weight, but I'm also retaining a lot of fluid at this point. Ugh. I had to take off one of my rings today, and I know my wedding ring isn't far behind, although I'm holding off as long as possible.
Maternity Clothes: I have about 4 shirts and 2 pair of pants that fit. I refuse to get more clothes at this point though.
Movement: Still lots of movement even though I know she's running out of room :) She knows how to kick hard. I don't remember Aubrey or Jude ever kicking me as hard as Alaina does.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: I'm still sleeping ok. I wake up a lot at night to go to the bathroom, and I usually have heartburn when I wake up. Yuck. So, I'm not getting a lot of solid sleep, but it's not terrible yet.
What I miss: I miss feeling like myself. I just get tired and winded easily.
Cravings: I usually am NOT a meatloaf fan, but I was randomly wanting it, so that's what I made for dinner tonight. Random!
Symptoms: Heartburn, and lots of it! I'm to the point where drinking water gives me heartburn. Going to the bathroom a lot. Swelling, especially at night. Shortness of breath. Lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. Getting tired really easily. Or waking up tired is probably more accurate.
Best Moment This Week: Hearing Alaina's heartbeat at my doctor's appointment today, and having my doctor tell me that my blood pressure that I've recorded at home was acceptable. She did want to recheck my BP before I left the office, and it was super high. I am so psycho when it comes to rechecks. They checked it twice, and it didn't go down much the second time. My doctor said that since my lab work was normal and my blood pressure was ok at home, she would let me go without doing anything at this point. But she wants me to keep monitoring it, and I'm supposed to call immediately if it is consistently high. She reminded me that preeclampsia can set in at any time. That's a scary thought, but I'm just thankful that I don't have it right now!
What I'm Looking Forward To: I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks, and I'll have a sonogram :) I also start getting checked then, and that begins weekly appointments. I'm about ready to reach the end of this pregnancy and have this sweet baby on the outside!

No comments: