Sunday, January 1, 2012

Week in Review: Work, Work, Work!

David had this whole week off, and that was wonderful! We started working on Jude's room, which has been a huge project! I'm SO happy we've had time to just get that knocked out. I can't wait to post pictures soon when we get it a little more complete. We've gotten so spoiled having David home all week, though, and we're going to be so sad when he goes back to work on Tuesday! We also ate out just about every night this week, so when I return to cooking, it might be rough. Haha! By the way, I'm working on my Year in Review post, but those things take time, so it will be late. Surprise, surprise! ;)

Sunday
: This was Christmas Day, and it was a wonderful day :) I blogged about it here.

Monday: Since we had to cancel our dinner party with David's family last week due to sickness, we had rescheduled it for Monday night. It actually worked out so well to host something the day after Christmas. Our house was a hot mess with Christmas gifts everywhere, so it forced us to find a home for everything more quickly than we otherwise would have :) We stayed home all day and worked on getting our house organized and cleaned. It was a really low-stress day, which was SO nice. Usually we (I) get crazy stressed and frantic when we're having company. Ha! Hopefully I'm getting better at it! It helped to have David's help all day! We got the house nice and clean, and the kids took good naps. (I mean Jude took a good nap, and Aubrey stayed in her room for a good amount of time.) I did run out to pick up some lunch and get something from the grocery store, but I was only gone a short time. I cooked ham, roasted broccoli, and scalloped potatoes for dinner. The Howie family arrived that evening, and we had a really fun time! Aubrey was so excited to take Caroline up to her room to play -- it was so cute! There were only a few spats, which I think is pretty good for 2 and 3 year olds playing somewhat unsupervised for a little while. Haha! We ate dinner and sat around talking for a long time. They left when it was time to get all the kids to bed. David and I got Aubrey and Jude to bed and relaxed the rest of the evening.

Tuesday: David got up with the kids, and I slept in a little. We all got ready and went to eat breakfast together. I love going to breakfast! After we ate, we went to Lowe's. We got paint for Jude's room, and we looked at the wood and decided what kind to get, but it was close to naptime and we didn't have time for them to cut it, so David said he would just go back and get the wood later. When we got home, we fed the kids a light lunch (since we had eaten a big, late breakfast) and put them in their rooms for nap. Aubrey called us up to her room MANY times to go to the bathroom. I was actually starting to wonder if she might have a bladder infection or something, but she's been fine ever since, so I don't know what was going on. David cleared out the guest room and got it ready to paint and racked the backyard, and I got on the internet for a while. I went to Target that afternoon to get a few things, and David stayed home with the kids. When I got home, we ate ham sandwiches with our leftover ham from the night before. Then the kids played until bedtime. We had an uneventful night, and David and I went to bed late.

Wednesday: We started our big project that day. I got up early when Jude woke up and let David sleep in. My mom was so sweet and offered to come over to play with the kids so that David and I could both work on Jude's room. She got here that morning, and David and I got to work! We were painting Jude's room two colors, so it took a little time. We did make good progress, but painting is just time consuming. My mom took the kids to go pick some lunch up for us, and Jude fell asleep in the car. That meant he didn't want to nap after lunch. That boy! He stayed in bed for a while, and then my mom got him up and took him down to play with Aubrey. Poor Jude is already being tormented by his sister!

David and I continued to paint. We painted until it was getting close to dinnertime, we were running low on paint, and I'm sure my mom was ready to get 0ut of here ;) I was T-I-R-E-D. I did want to get out of the house, though, so we got cleaned up and went to dinner at Corner Bakery. We stopped at a Red Box and got a movie on the way home. The thought of sitting and watching a movie that night was very appealing after painting all day! David and I put the kids to bed, and then we watched Hanna. That movie was just bizarre-O. We weren't fans. It was fun to sit together and watch a movie, even if the movie we picked kind of sucked. Haha! It was after midnight when the movie went off, so we went to bed.

Thursday: That morning, the kids and I got ready and went to look at fabric at Hancock's while David went to Lowe's for the boards for Jude's board and batten and more paint. We met my mom at the fabric store and looked around. I got a sample for Jude's window seat cushion. It was getting close to lunchtime, so we left to come home to eat. I was craving a BBQ sandwich, so I drove through Sonny's to get one. When we got home, I fed the kids lunch and ate my own food. David got home about that time, and he helped me get the kids down for their naps. David worked on some more painting, and I ran a few errands. I went to Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Ross. When I got home, I got on the internet for a little while, and then the kids woke up. That night, we went to get Mexican for dinner, and then we came back home. The kids played until bedtime, and then I blogged and killed some more time on the internet before going to bed late.

Friday: When I got up, I watched the kids downstairs while David went up to start nailing the boards to Jude's walls. I was so excited to get that ball rolling! The kids got a little antsy.... they didn't like knowing Daddy was upstairs and they couldn't go see him! We read books and colored with some new crayons Aubrey got for Christmas. I fed them lunch, and then my mom came over again! And she brought lunch for David and me! We ate, and then she played with the kids and I went upstairs to help David. I did some painting in Jude's bathroom while David nailed up boards. When it was naptime, he calked and I filled in nail holes. Jude woke up later that afternoon, and David started nailing again, and I started painting the boards. We worked long and hard once again. When my mom needed to get home, we got to a stopping point. I took a shower and then went to pick up some pizza for dinner. I felt like we should try the movie night again since the last movie wasn't a success ;) so I picked up another movie. We ate dinner when I got home, and then I bathed the kids while David did more work upstairs. I got them out of the tub when it was bedtime, and I put Jude to bed and David put Aubrey to bed. David's parents gave Aubrey this doll with matching pajamas for Christmas, and she looked so cute!
Aubrey was helping the baby walk :)

I baked some cookies, and we watched Crazy, Stupid, Love. We did like it better than Hanna. We went to bed way too late again.

Saturday: I slept in until David and the kids came in to wake me up, and then we all got ready and went to Lowe's and then the park. The weather was perfect, and the kids had a blast! It was so fun seeing them play. We drove through Chick Fil A on the way home, and then we ate lunch and I put Jude down for a nap. While he slept, I went to Hobby Lobby and got some stuff for a craft I was wanting to do that night. When I got home, David was working on Jude's room, and Aubrey was playing in her room. Jude woke up shortly after I got home, so I got both kids up and watched them while David worked. Jude earning his keep.

They got a little restless/bored, so David got to a stopping point and got cleaned up for dinner. We went to McAlister's for dinner and then to Kroger. I was so surprised that the grocery store was packed. I expected everyone but us to be at New Year's Eve parties! Haha. We stopped at Wal-Mart for me to get some pictures on the way home, and then we unloaded the groceries and put the kids to bed. We had the most low-key New Year's Eve in history, but it was actually nice. I worked on a craft and David watched Auburn's bowl game and worked in Jude's room some more. We weren't even planning on staying up until midnight, but we ended up being up past 12:30. We have got to start going to bed earlier!

No comments: