Monday, December 26, 2011

Week in Review: Christmas Prep

This week was a bit of a blur. I did most of my Christmas shopping this week, and we also all got sick with what was either a stomach bug or food poisoning. So, I didn't keep up with this post like I usually do. I can't remember what we did half the time, so I'm just going to do my best and not stress over trying to remember. Also, I feel like there are so many posts that I "need" to do that I never got around to before Christmas, such as our Christmas card and decorations, plus our Christmas recaps. I also need to do my weekly pregnancy post. So, yeah, I'm a little behind. I refuse to let blogging become something stressful, though, so I'll do them when I get around to them. If you're looking at pictures of my house decorated for Christmas after New Year's, I apologize :)

Sunday: We got up early and got ready for church. We had a nice service, and then David and I taught Jude's Sunday School class. That was fun :) We came home after church, and I cooked spaghetti for lunch. We ate, and then we put the kids down for their naps. I took a nap myself, and then we went back to church that evening. The kids' choir sang, and it was SO cute. David and I were laughing at a few of the little kids who were doing cute things, and we said we know our day is coming. I can't imagine Aubrey singing in front of the whole church. After church, David had to lock up the building because he was deacon of the week, so we were basically the last ones to leave. It was pretty late, but we stopped at Mazzios and ate some pizza on our way home. We put the kids to bed, and then I blogged and did some stuff on the internet before bed.

Monday: When we got up that morning, I took a shower and got ready, and then I got the kids ready. David's sweet co-worker had a Christmas gift for Aubrey, so I was taking the kids to David's office to get it. Aubrey was so excited about "going to work" to see Daddy :) When we got there, Aubrey was a little shy at first, but she LOVED her present. Mary Jane gave her a doll house and lots of furniture and dolls to go with it. Aubrey was so excited! :)The two babies were her favorite :)
Jude loved running around Daddy's office!
Aubrey and her loot!

We stayed and hung out for a little while, and then we left so that they could get some work done. We met my mom and grandmother and cousin at the mall to attempt some Christmas shopping. It was getting close to Jude's naptime, so I knew we wouldn't last long. We ate lunch at the food court, and Aubrey fell off a picnic bench and had a meltdown. It was kind of downhill from that point for the kids, but we did manage to get some new shoes for them. Jude had outgrown his shoes just about overnight. We left when Jude was just DONE, and he fell asleep in the car on the way home. I was able to transfer him to his bed, and he took a good nap. Aubrey was so excited to play with her new doll house during rest time, and she was pretty quiet. While they slept, I took a short nap and did some laundry. I also put some chicken in the crockpot for dinner. The kids had a snack when they got up, and then we waited for David to get home. He was running a little late, which was disappointing since he was actually able to come home after work (no karate). When he got home, he played with the kids and I fixed dinner. We had chicken tacos and rice. After we finished eating, I left to go do some Christmas shopping. My mom was going to be out shopping, so we planned to meet up. We decided which store we wanted to meet at, but apparently we went to different MALLS. Ughhh. We were both frustrated when we realized the miscommunication, but it didn't make much sense for either of us to drive to the other mall (traffic was bad), so we decided to just shop separately. I shopped till I dropped. By the time I got home, I felt like I had gotten run over by a truck. I'm usually a power shopper, but pregnancy makes it a little more tiring. The sad part was that I didn't even get THAT much done. I sat down and got on the internet for a little while, and then I went to bed.

Tuesday:
Jude slept a little later than usual that morning, so that was nice. I fed the kids breakfast, and then I showered and put them in the tub. They played for a while, and I put my makeup on and dried my hair while they were playing in the bathtub. I got Aubrey out first, and I was getting the towel ready to get Jude out when he pooped. Ughhh. He's never pooped in the tub before, but it didn't seem to phase him. Aubrey, on the other hand, was totally disgusted. Ha! Of course, I had to rinse Jude and re-bathe him. I got both of them dressed after that, and we left to go meet Sarah Denley and her kids for lunch. We went to Mellow Mushroom, and it was fun! The girls got a little wild (mostly Aubrey), but it was just because they were having fun playing, and I don't think they were being TOO crazy. We all went to the bathroom before we left, and we ended up being in there forever. We were talking and of course everyone had to potty... I'm sure people were wondering what the heck we were doing for so long. Ha! Aubrey developed a bad attitude and was disrespectful while we were in the bathroom, so she ended up getting in trouble when we got to the car. We talked some more outside, and then we finally loaded up to come home for naps. I have no idea what I did that afternoon, but I'm sure it was something highly productive ;) That evening, David came home, and he was running late again :( The kids were being crazy, and I was just SO ready for him to be home. When he did get home, we ate dinner together. After dinner, I made a Target run to get wrapping paper and angle tree gifts. When I got home, it was bedtime for the kids, so we put them down. I probably just sat around the rest of the evening.

Wednesday: When we got up that morning, we got dressed and ready and left the house to try to get some Christmas shopping done. I couldn't find what I was looking for, and I just felt stressed out and short on patience. We went to several stores and only got maybe one Christmas gift? It wasn't really a successful trip, but I had had enough, so we headed home. I fixed lunch for us, and then I put the kids to bed. I took a nap that afternoon while the kids were in their rooms. When David got home, we left to do more shopping. I was determined to FINISH, and I thought it would be less stressful for me if I had David there to give me an opinion. He was super excited. Ha! There were some stressful moments, but the evening went well for the most part, and we finished our shopping. We ate dinner at Sweet Peppers, and Jude wouldn't touch his food and Aubrey barely touched hers. Then Jude had a random full-blown meltdown, and David had to take him outside so that I could finish my food, and then we traded off. I don't know what was wrong with him. We finally got home just in time for bed! We put the kids to bed, and I wrapped a few presents before bed.

Thursday: It was a wet rainy day, and the kids and I had plans to meet my mom and a friend at Chick Fil A for playtime and lunch. Aubrey had a blast playing, but Jude kept wanting to climb up into the play equipment, and it was making me so nervous. Finally after spending 30 minutes trying to keep him from going up there, I just climbed up myself (yes, I did) and looked around to see if there was any way he could get hurt or stuck if he went up. It looked pretty safe to me, so I finally just let him go. He LOVED it. This random little girl decided that she would be in charge of him and she was lugging him around and taking him down the slide. It was kind of funny, but it was actually helpful for me. I was keeping a very close eye on the whole interaction, so I felt fine about it. After playing for a long time, we went and ordered food. Jude was super picky again, and by the time we finished eating, he was exhausted and ready for his bed. We went home, and I put him to bed. Aubrey played in her room, and I did some stuff on the computer and enjoyed the quiet house :) When David got home, I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of food. As soon as I got home and we got the groceries put away, we left to meet David's family for dinner. His sisters and families were in town for Christmas, and Aubrey was excited about seeing her cousin, Caroline! :) We went to Logan's and ended up having to wait FOREVER. We finally got seated and ate our food. Aubrey and Jude both did better than we expected considering it was almost bedtime before we got our food. We left after dinner to get the kids to bed. I started feeling REALLY full and yuck on the way home, but I just assumed it was pregnancy related heartburn and took some Tums. I started fixing a dessert for the next night because we were planning on having David's family over for dinner, but I started feeling so bad that I had to go lay down in the middle of making this dessert. I was able to get to a stopping point on the dessert, and I told David I was going to bed to hopefully sleep off the nastiness.

Friday: I didn't sleep it off, unfortunately. I felt HORRIBLE all night. I would doze off and then wake up to a wave of nausea. I never threw up, but I just do NOT throw up for some reason. I really think I would have felt better if I had, but I just couldn't. Anyway, I had a very restless, miserable night. Aubrey woke up sometime in the middle of the night and threw up. Thankfully, David went and slept upstairs and took care of her and left me in my misery. I started feeling a tad better sometime in the early morning and was able to get some sleep. I woke up around 11 and went upstairs where David and the kids were. Turns out Aubrey had been sick twice and then seemed totally fine. I couldn't even tell she had been sick. Poor David had been sick too, though! I felt so bad that he didn't wake me up. Thankfully, both kids were asleep when he was sick, and he was a little better when they got up. We felt better but just kind of blah and weak all day. We obviously had to cancel our dinner plans with his family :( Jude had a couple of bad diapers, and since we had all gotten sick at the same time and since it was so short lived, we assumed it was food poisoning. David's sister ended up getting sick a few days later, though, so that made it seem more like a bug. Who knows? I still felt a little nauseous, so I took a long nap that afternoon. I felt much better when I woke up. We laid around for a while, and then loaded up and went and looked at Christmas lights for a while just for a change of scenery. Then David ran in Kroger and got us some chicken noodle soup for dinner. We ate and felt better. We put the kids to bed and went to bed early ourselves.

I'm going to stop there, because I have a lot of pictures to post from Christmas Eve and Christmas day, so I'll do those days in a separate post! :)

No comments: