Monday, January 30, 2012

33 Weeks

It's pretty much impossible to get a picture I'm happy with these days. You'll notice I'm still wearing my glasses. After fighting pink eye for a week, I'm nervous about rocking the boat by wearing contacts again. Ha! I'm about ready to ditch the glasses, though :) I feel frumpy enough at this point without adding glasses into the equation.

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
33 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 17.2 inches and about 4.2 pounds -- about the size of a honeydew!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: A lot. I feel gross. The end is in sight, the end is in sight....
Maternity Clothes: Yes!
Movement: She still moves a lot, but it's now more rolls and jabs than kicks. She is all over the place.
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: SO MUCH BETTER! I'm not able to get very comfortable at this point, and I've had a really annoying cough that's been disrupting my sleep, but Jude is sleeping again, so I'm NOT complaining!
What I miss: Being able to bend over easily and not getting winded when I carry the kids around.
Cravings: No cravings lately.
Symptoms: Heartburn, going to the bathroom a lot, some swelling, and shortness of breath. Also, I'm just have a lot of aches and pains these days. I was talking to two of my pregnant friends at church last night, and we were commiserating on all of our pregnancy related pains. I think between the three of us, we had them all covered: pelvic, hip, back, ribs, sides... haha! We were half joking though, and even with all of the aches and pains, I'm still so happy to be pregnant. With my blood pressure issues last week, I realized how much I do NOT want to have this baby early. Obviously, if that's what was best for me or Alaina, I would be ok with it, but I really want to be pregnant for another 6 weeks or so.... or 7.... but preferably not more than that :) Speaking of my blood pressure, it has been ok at home so far. I've been recording it every day, so we'll see what my doctor has to say about it next week. My lab work all came back fine, so that was good news!
Best Moment This Week: Hmmm.... the first night Jude slept through the night again! Haha! Also, just getting all of us well enough to leave the house together and get back into our regular routine :)
What I Am Looking Forward To: Loosing weight! I know that sounds SO shallow, and like I said above, I'm so thankful for this pregnancy, but I'm tired of feeling so fat. I'm ready to hit the treadmill!

No comments: