Tuesday, January 24, 2012

32 Weeks

I will have to post a picture later in the week. I currently have pink eye, and I'm vain and don't want to post a picture of myself looking disgusting. And I'm pretty sure no one really wants to look at a picture of me with pink eye ;) Pink eye is kind of the least of my worries right now though. Details below.

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along:
32 weeks
Size of baby: She is about 16.7 inches and about 3.8 pounds -- about the size of a squash!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I went to the doctor yesterday, and she said there was a "little weight jump." She did look at my ankles and said I seemed to be retaining some fluid. Yeah, we'll blame it on that.
Maternity Clothes: Yes!
Movement: She loves to kick and press REALLY hard. It feels like she is elbowing me sometimes, and it hurts! I think if it was possible, she would have jabbed right through my stomach by now!
Gender: It's a GIRL!!! Her name is Alaina Ruth :)
Sleep: Terrible. Jude was up from 1-5 last night. David took a huge chunk of that time, thankfully, but I just didn't sleep well. That's kind of been the norm the past few days. Also, I have been having some CRAZY dreams when I am sleeping.
What I miss: Um, sleep! And having us all well!
Cravings: No cravings lately.
Symptoms: Well...... like I said, I went to the doctor yesterday. My blood pressure was elevated, but I really didn't think it was enough to make my doctor too concerned (it was 142/85). She said she wanted to recheck it before I left the office. Well, I KNEW that wasn't going to end well. I always stress myself out, and my blood pressure has never been lower the second time around than it was the first. Never. So, it was crazy high when they rechecked (somewhere around 155/98 or something?). Needless to say, my doctor wasn't happy with that. I told her that I really thought it was a mental thing because I was stressed about it. So she ordered a 24 hour urine test and blood work and told me that I could go home and monitor it. She said she was being more cautious and aggressive than she normally would since I had blood pressure issues after Jude was born. So I did the lovely urine collecting for the next 24 hours and took it to be tested today. Apparently my blood work was ok, so we're just waiting on the results of the urine test. My blood pressure has been a lot better at home, but still a little higher than I was hoping. (It's been in the 120/85 range.) I really don't think I am developing preeclampsia -- I think I'm just stressed and tired and a little sick (pink eye and a cold). But I am glad my doctor is being careful, because preeclampsia is NOT something to mess around with obviously. If you think about it, I would appreciate prayers that my blood pressure returns to normal! On top of that, Jude now has fifth disease. No big deal for him (other than a miserably itchy rash -- poor guy!), but it is potentially dangerous if you're pregnant. There is a HUGE chance that I've already had it, and it's no big deal. But they're doing a blood test to check my immunity just in case. If it's not one thing, it's another! Other than that drama, I still have the same symptoms: heartburn, going to the bathroom a lot, some swelling, and shortness of breath. NBD ;)
Best Moment This Week: In spite of a not-so-great doctor's appointment for me, Alaina seemed to be doing great. I loved hearing her heartbeat!
What I Am Looking Forward To: Getting us all well and sleeping through the night! Be gone, sickness! :) PLEASE!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Lots and lots of prayers for you! I am the same way about the stress and worry in the office. My numbers have been great at home (with medicine) but my top number has been 130 the last two times. It doesn't help that I was going twice a week, and each time I wonder if things will be bad and I'll end up in the hospital again. Get lots of rest. The end isn't too far off for either of us.

Amy said...

lots of prayers for you and for everyone to get healthy!!! hang in there, not too much longer!