Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week in Review: Hello, Lysol and Clorox Wipes!

Well.... this week was good, but it ended with a stomach bug for Aubrey :( That's the worst! I think we've had quite enough sickness over here now! Aubrey's sickness came at a bad time, because we had a BUSY weekend. Thankfully, she was feeling better and we managed :)

Sunday: We got ready and all went to church. I was so happy that Aubrey and Jude were feeling better from their colds and that we could all go to church together again. We had a nice morning at church, and we went over to David's parents' house for lunch afterward. We had fun, and the kids played outside for a while. Sadly, we forgot our camera, though. When Jude started to get super fussy, we knew it was time to head home for his nap. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, and I was able to successfully transfer him to his bed :) We all took naps that afternoon! When it was time for me to get up for church, Jude had just gotten up and David was rocking him. I picked out clothes for the kids, and we all got ready and went to church. When church was over, we ate dinner at Jason's Deli. We had a fun dinner until the end when we lost Jude's pacifier and Aubrey threw my drink and spilled tea everywhere. We made a speedy exit ;) When we got home, we put the kids right to bed, and I watched TV and blogged and David read. We went to bed pretty late, and I could not go to sleep for the longest time. Boo!

Monday: Our day started off nice but it ended up being a long, frustrating day. When we got up, we ate breakfast, I made a grocery list and took a shower and got ready. We then went to Kroger. I'm going to have to come up with a better time to go grocery shopping (like Saturday) because Aubrey just gets crazy hyper when we get in Kroger, and she irritates Jude, and he screams, and I get flustered... by the time we get home, they are ready for lunch and whining and I'm trying to get the groceries put away. It just seems to always set the tone for the rest of the day. Anyway, I got lunch ready for the kids and was just about to put Jude down for his nap when I realized the pacifier had vanished. I turned the house upside down, and I could NOT find one. I got so frustrated and really could have cried. I knew Jude wouldn't nap without a paci, so I loaded the kids BACK up in the car, and we went to the store to get more pacifiers. By the time we got home, it was past naptime, so I put the kids right to bed and hoped for long naps. Jude went to sleep easily, but he slept for less than two hours. Aubrey was being so loud during his nap, but I'm really not sure what she was doing. When I would go to her room to tell her to play quietly, she didn't really seem to be doing anything overly noisy. Finally, after going to her room four times, I told her to just rest in her bed for the rest of naptime. Right as she got quiet, Jude woke up :( I was going to leave Aubrey in bed 15 more minutes until it had been two hours, but when I went to get her, she had fallen asleep. Jude and I came back downstairs, and I put up a bunch of clean clothes in my room while he played. Then I read and talked/played with Jude until I needed to wake Aubrey up. When she got up, we came downstairs, and the kids played. I started cooking some pasta for dinner, but Jude got really fussy and it was hard to get anything done. I finally got dinner ready, and we ate. Jude was difficult to please with food as he has been lately. I'm really hoping it's because he's teething. When we finished eating, we played in the living room and watched Dancing. I bathed Jude and vacuumed. Jude fell and hit his mouth and it bled. Poor baby :( After I got him taken care of, I put him to bed. David got home as soon as I got downstairs, and I was so happy to see him! He bathed Aubrey and put her to bed, and I sat down and didn't do anything productive the rest of the night. Ha!

Tuesday: We had Bible Study, and I was happy to be getting out of the house. We got ready and made it to Bible Study on time, and we had a really good discussion that day. After it was over, Rebekkah and I went to lunch with the kiddos. We went to Broadstreet, and it was good and not too crowded. When we finished with lunch, we came home for naps. Jude took a pretty good nap, and Aubrey played quietly. When they got up, David came home for a little while before he had to go to church for a meeting. I was glad to get to see him for a short time before he had to leave again. Aubrey kind of went into meltdown mode, unfortunately. I knew we were going to have to get out of the house to pass the evening more quickly, so the kids and I loaded up and went to Chick Fil A for dinner when David left. I let them play in the play area after we ate, and they really enjoyed that. When they had played for a while, we left and went to Hobby Lobby. I didn't really find anything, but we had fun just browsing. By that point, it was close enough to bedtime that I thought I could handle just going on home ;) I turned on Dancing with the Stars and put Jude to bed when we got home, and I was just about to get Aubrey ready for bed when David let me know he was on his way home. That was a lot earlier than I was expecting him, so I let Aubrey stay up until he got home. Once he got home and Aubrey went to bed, David and I talked about our days and his meeting for a long time. We went to bed fairly late.

Wednesday: We got up and ate breakfast, and then I looked online for a recipe. We were having a potluck dinner at church that night, so I had to go to the grocery store to get something to take. I got us all dressed, and we ran to Kroger. It was a quick trip, and we ate lunch when we got home. I then bathed Jude and put him down for a nap. He went right to sleep and slept for over three hours. I gave Aubrey a bath next, and she ended up sleeping too. Whoo! While they napped, I took a shower and got ready, and then I made my dish to take to church that night. Aubrey woke up, and I got her ready for church. I ended up having to wake Jude up to leave for tutoring. Hate waking him up! When we got to tutoring, it was a little crazy. My mom and I were the only tutors there that day (we usually have a lot on Wednesdays), but we managed. I had realized when we got to church that I had forgotten my box of materials to teach my 4 and 5 year olds AGAIN (I had forgotten it the week before too). I knew I couldn't just wing it again, so I left the kids with David and went home to get my materials. We don't live very close to our church, so it took a while. While I was home by myself, I decided to vacuum really quickly. Haha! By the time I got back to church, it was time to eat dinner. We ate, and then the kids went to the nursery and I taught my class. When it was over, we waited for David to finish what he was doing (changing light bulbs in the sanctuary) and then we came home. We put the kids to bed when we got home, and then I got on the internet for a little while and David watched some TV before bed.

Thursday: I was up BRIGHT and EARLY because I had an 8:00 OB appointment. David was going to stay with the kids and just go to work a little late. My appointment went well. The baby's heartbeat was strong and in the 140's :) Since my appointment was so early, it didn't take long. When I got home, Aubrey was still asleep! Crazy! She woke up just as David was leaving for work. The kids and I had a nice, laid back day. We ate lunch and played, and then it was naptime. Jude woke up after only an hour, but I rocked him and he went back to sleep for two more hours! I was shocked, but Aubrey napped too. I did not expect that AT ALL since she had slept so late. It was perfect because I was able to take a nap myself. I was going to a late movie that night, and I wanted to get some rest. When we all got up, we hung around the house and played.It's the bathing suit again! If it's clean, Aubrey's wearing it. Period.

I got ready, and then we ate chicken chili that I had put in the crockpot earlier when David got home. Then it was time for me to leave! I was going to a surprise birthday party for our pastor's wife. I picked Rebekkah up, and then we met my parents and my mom rode with us too. The party was really fun! We had desserts, and then we all painted a bird picture. Mine didn't turn our great, but I had fun doing it, which was the whole point :) After the party, my mom, Rebekkah, and I left, and we went to the movie theater. My dad met us there to pick up my mom. Rebekkah and I then stayed for the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn! We were there really early, but the theater was still PACKED! We were happy to find two decent seats together. I enjoyed seeing the movie -- it made me realize that I need to reread the books because I was having a hard time remembering what was coming next. It was so fun to have a late night girls night :) Although, Rebekkah and I are both pregnant and were pretty sleepy by the time we got out of there at 2:30 AM ;) We made it home safely, and I went right to bed.

Friday: At 5 AM, Aubrey woke up really upset. I was so out of it because I had only been asleep about 2 hours. David went to check on her and then I saw the light on in the laundry room. I went to see what was going on, and David said that Aubrey had "spit up." He thought it was just because she had been coughing, but I knew it was the stomach bug right away. The night before, I had found out that one of Aubrey's little friends who she played with at church on Wednesday night had come down with a stomach bug, so I was really afraid that it would strike us too. Sure enough, she threw up again at 6. David was SO sweet to handle it. I've said it a million times before, but I have a total throw up phobia. Thankfully, Aubrey didn't seem bothered by it at all. She was fine in between throwing up. David stayed in Aubrey's room after that, and I got up with Jude at 7. I was SO tired after only 4 interrupted hours of sleep. I fed Jude breakfast and we played until David and Aubrey came downstairs at 8. David said that she had thrown up one more time, but it had been a while. I was hopeful that she wouldn't get sick again. David went to go get ready for work, and Aubrey threw up all over the place while he was taking a shower. I was trying to help her and keep Jude out of it, and I about lost it. That would stress me out anytime, but on very little sleep, I didn't think I could make it through the day. My SWEET husband saw that I was having a really hard time, and he stayed home from work to help me. He's the BEST! I was really glad he could stay home, because I REALLY wanted to try to keep Aubrey and Jude separated. David and I kind of tag teamed taking care of them. Poor Aubrey got sick many more times after that. She was crying for water, but every time we would give her even half a teaspoon, she would get sick :( It was SO sad. I ran to Kroger to get supplies (Clorox wipes, Lysol, Saltines, Sprite, etc.). When I got back, Aubrey had been able to keep a little water down finally. We continued to give her very small amounts every 15 minutes, and she didn't get sick again. Meanwhile, Jude just played and was fine the whole time. We gave him lunch, and Aubrey was actually asking for food too, but we wanted to give it more time. We told her that she could eat after her nap if she still felt like it. She was fine with that. I put Jude down for a nap, and then I NEEDED a nap too! I told David that I would keep Jude's monitor on and deal with him when he woke up, but David told me to turn it off. I felt bad, but I was so tired that I did it. I figured I wouldn't sleep that long anyway. Well, I woke up THREE HOURS and FORTY MINUTES later. Whoa. I rushed out to see what was going on, and Jude was awake but Aubrey was sleeping. I felt bad for sleeping so long, but David said one or both of the kids had been asleep the whole time. Whew! When Aubrey woke up, she seemed to be feeling better, so she had some crackers and some rice. She didn't get sick, praise the Lord! I was supposed to go to a rehearsal that night at our church since I'm the assistant wedding coordinator, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it. When Aubrey was feeling so much better and not getting sick anymore, David told me to go on. The rehearsal was fine, but it did take a while. It was about 7:15 when I left church, and I stopped and picked up pizza for David and me for dinner. It was Jude's bedtime when I got home, so I put him to bed. David and I ate dinner, and then he put Aubrey (who was feeling even better) to bed. I thought I would be wired after my long nap, but I got so sleepy at 9:30. Crazy! Usually I'm not so lazy. Haha! I made myself stay up later than that, but we did go to bed early for a Friday night.

Saturday: Everyone slept until 8 that morning! It was amazing! I really expected Jude to get sick sometime in the night, but he never did. Since we were all feeling fine, I went ahead and got ready for a shower I was co-hosting that morning. I was supposed to be there to help set up at 9:15, but it was a little later than that when I got there. The shower was a brunch baby shower, and it went so well! I love baby showers :) By the time it was over and I helped clean-up, it was time for me to go straight to the church for the wedding. Rebekkah was already there, and I helped get the sound turned on, and then it was time for everything to start! I helped Rebekkah open and close the doors for the processional, and then I ran up to the balcony and did the sound. I was so worried that I was going to screw something up, but it was fine. After the wedding, we had to stick around until they were done with pictures, and then we got all the lights turned off and the building locked up. By the time I left, it was close to 4. It had been a LONG day on my feet in heels. It was a good day, though. I ran into Motherhood Maternity on my way home to look for some winter clothes, but I only got one sale shirt. It's just so hard for me to spend money on maternity clothes. I think it's a bit crazy to have to spend $30 on a 3/4 length sleeve stripped tee. I think I'll keep looking for some sales ;) When I got home, I was glad to see David and the kids since I had been gone all day! They were outside racking leaves, so I joined them. We were supposed to go to my grandparents house that night for a Thanksgiving meal with my aunt since she won't be in town next week, but we didn't want to risk exposing anyone to potential germs. Bummer! We decided to just stick close to home. We did load up and go pick up some BBQ to eat for dinner. We brought it back home and ate dinner here. We put both kids to bed, and then I baked some cookies and David and I watched Jane Eyre on demand. The movie was kind of weird, but it was fun to just sit and watch a movie with David :) We went to bed after it was over.

I'm looking forward to this week because we have none of our regular activities since it's Thanksgiving week. No karate, no book club, no tutoring, no church Wednesday night.... just a lot of family time! :) So excited about that!

1 comment:

The Williams Family said...

You forgot to mention your birthday is this week too! And you have a great husband - practically perfect in every way :)